KYB Skorched4 Suspension

Re: KYB Skorched4 Suspension

Postby triton_guru on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:17 pm

haha go the KYB mate im pretty sure thats what my old dirt bike had haha give it a go :) if not heard dms is pretty good ;p
triton_guru

Postby Mad Mike on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:29 pm

Yeah, had a chat to Brendan who was a champ and gave me some good advise. I'll certainly be looking to Ultimate when I get my next bus to set up for some more heavy duty off road specific stuff.
Had a bit of a chat again to SA Sudpension who put my mind at ease with the rear leaves too.
I'll keep everyone posted on how it all turns out with the Skorched4 set up. I have a mate who's also in need of new boingers on his Pajero so I'm gunna see if they can do us a deal for 2.
Oh, I measured my ride heights 3 times throughout today in different locations and on as flat a ground as I could find. Here are the average of the results:

FR - 520mm
FL - 510mm
RR - 585mm
RL - 585mm

The rears both had 2mm difference between max an min measurements, the FL had 4mm and FR had a 5mm variation.
And, yes, the DMS for that price would be my choice too Mr Motoz!
Mad Mike

Postby Mad Mike on Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:57 pm

I got a call today from SA Suspension (who were supposed to fit the KYB set up tomorrow - Tuesday) and they said they can't get the parts in and that the bloke who's going to re-set the rear leaves is off for the week. They've offered to supply and fit the Drivetech set up for $1395 instead ($100 more than the KYB but $300 less than originally quoted). The problem I have is that Mrs Mad Mike and I are supposed to be heading up north for 2 weeks on Saturday morning for some 4x4 camping time up the back way to Blinman, to just south of Arkaroola, across to Leigh Creek and all around that area.
My suspension is just about shot on the yoot and the extra ride quality, safety, clearance and firmness i'd get from a new set up would be a must for this trip.
What are people's thoughts on this offer considering what I was originally quoted and what sort of quality am I looking at for the Drivetech compared to the KYB and Iron Man kits?

Cheers,

MM.
Mad Mike

Postby Mad Mike on Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:38 pm

Oh, they were saying that the Drivetech kit comes with King Springs front and rear (re-badged as their own)...
Mad Mike

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:46 pm

King springs are well enough respected as a brand for other vehicles, not well known with Tritons but that doesn't preclude them. I just had a quick scan back but couldn't see what shock absorbers came with that Drivetech kit. Nothing on their web site that I saw either.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby v8slrtorana on Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:14 pm

Drivetech have their own shockies. Ironman copies i was told. Prob all made in the same factory anyway.
I ran a set in my hilux for 1 year b4 i sold it after buying the Triton.
Couldn't fault them apart from i didn't like the colour of em.
It went around corners better then this crappy stock suspension.
Personally im saving for Ultimate, after driving a Ultimate Triton im convinced.
v8slrtorana
Platinum Subscriber

Previous

Return to Suspension