Drummond Motorsport Suspension DMS

Drummond Motorsport Suspension DMS

Postby mitzikatzi on Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:23 pm

It seems a few of us have DMS suspension. Information is in various threads. So here is a designated thread.
DMS website
On Facebook
Click to view larger picture

DMS would like to announce the NEW Release of our 4x4 Non Adjustable 2" Lift Shock Absorbers.
100% Designed and Made in Australia from Only Aircracft grade Aluminium and Chrome Moly.
Product will be released to public start September. We are taking Pre orders now.
$1426 Complete set. ( includes front springs and topmounts )
For Models
TRITON
and others

BREAKING NEWS.........
After a long 10months in the making. DMS can now officially introduce it's new 4x4 Single Adjustable Shock absorbers.
The new style shocks have a HUGE 25mm shaft. Adjustable ride height from 0 to 3 inch lift.
20 shock absorber adjustments for the road ride to towing of a caravan or trailer.
DMS has it all.

* AIRCRAFT GRADE ALUMINIUM
* BIG BORE CHROME MOLY TUBE
* HUGE 25MM CHROME MOLY SHAFT
* ADJUSTABLE RIDE HEIGHT 0” TO +3” LIFt
* 20 CLICKS OF ADJUSTABLE DAMPENING
* PIGGY BACK CANISTER
* POLYURETHANE BUSH
* ALUMINIUM TOPMOUNTS
* BLACK HARD ANODISED
COMPLETE SET $2396

While looking for reviews I found the following.
In the past MR sold DMS branded shocks (MR no longer sells them)
These threads I found mention MR/DMS suspension. You might need to be a member to read
monster-rides-rekon-matrix
DMS adjustable front + rear
Top DMS Adjustable Front Coilovers & Piggyback Rear shocks
mitzikatzi

Re: Drummond Motorsport Suspension DMS

Postby mitzikatzi on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:23 pm

I had my suspension installed today. I was charged 2.5 hrs to install the front struts.
The fitting instructions state the struts are preset at 2". As installed I am at 588mm from centre of rim to guard. I would have thought that is closer to 3" lift. I am also very close to being on the bump stops.

I installed the rear shocks myself. Mine didn't come with the required collets to fit them. DMS are overnighting them to me.

The suspension shop I used was impressed with the kit and commented that everything fitted well.

Also the bushes on the front struts should be about 50mm wide, One side is wider than the other. The big or wider side goes to the rear. Thanks to the forum member who pm'ed me this info.
mitzikatzi

Postby hvac guy on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:41 pm

10 clicks lol
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Rd1 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:55 pm

My front dropped to about 570 within the first drive or 2. Put it back up to 580 now.
Rich
Rd1

Postby L200Shogun on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:16 pm

Feb 2015
BREAKING NEWS.
DMS are celebrating our 30th year of business. We have just released our 2015 pricing for our 4x4 Shock Abosrbers.
Prices are.
Adjustable $1996 + gst.
Non Adjustable $1306 + gst.
L200Shogun

Postby Ent on Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:48 pm

Put the fully adjustable dampeners on the front and rear of my Challenger PC but the rears were wrong length so off they came and Bilsteins went on along with custom variable wire diameter springs from Kings. Took an enormous amount of mucking around and cost but finally got them right. Special thanks to Mark King that hit exactly to the mm the rear ride height.

The front setup have one rather glaring oversight. There is no provision for the ESC wiring. 50mm house clamp was my solution.

The front come on two spring rates. I went for the heavier rate as Drummond stated that this would not be too firm. They are correct the higher spring rates give ok ride and avoids the dreaded factory spring "collapse".

Adjusted the front up to the maximum factory allowed height once the springs settled. As mine were set to factory height needed to use two jacks (actually stand), with one under the wishbone to allow access to swing the supplied spanner. If at 20mm plus height this would not be needed as bottom adjustable seat then clears the wishbone. Still heavy work doing this but in my case a set and forget.

Used the standard dampener settings as pretty much on the money.

Some nine months on happy with the setup. Lot of extra cost and mucking around gradually been forgotten. As I did not over do the rear spring rate using 16mm wire and a progessive turn with the 35mm longer travel Bilstein the impressive standard rear wheel articulation of the Chalkenger has been enhanced. The front spring rate again is not overdone so the limited front suspension travel gets fully used. To preserve the CVs I retained the bumpstops as factory.

The front DMS setup is worthwhile looking at as an option. Probably would not expend the extra money on the adjustable dampening rate.
Ent

Postby motoz on Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:10 am

I've had mine installed for the last 16 mths.

Adjusted height once after the springs settled and that's been about it.

No issues to report, all bushes look in tact. Can't fault their performance either on or off road.

:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
One day your life will flash before your eyes. Will it be a good show ???
motoz
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Suspension