Leaf options available without driveline vibration

Leaf options available without driveline vibration

Postby Danos on Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:38 am

Hey guys

I've been doing some searching on the forum and net trying to determine if there are any leaf options available that don't induce driveline vibration?

I don't want any additional lift, just better load carrying capacity (to stop the lights from pointing to the sky).

Ultimate suspension have told me even their helper leafs raise the back and will cause vibration.

I was also looking at aussie super springs but am not sure if vibration is an issue?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dane
Danos

Re: Leaf options available without driveline vibration

Postby ultimate on Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:27 pm

Any replacement spring, helper or airbag that increases the height of the vehicle has the potential to introduce the vibration. Even a lot of Tritons fitted with factory heavy duty leaf springs had the vibration from new.

We do manufacture standard height heavy duty leaf springs which keep the height to a minimum and increase the load carrying capacity. The vibration is normally very minimal with these leaves. Personally, this is my preferred option.

Another option to look at is the Sumo Spring Variable option. These are basically a two piece, load sharing bump stop which comes into play when the vehicle is loaded. They do not raise the vehicle and they compress to the same height as the factory bump stop (This means they do not put too much stress on the chassis). These are fairly new in Australia, but have used for many years in the US.

http://www.motospecs.com.au/assets/file ... DL_8pp.pdf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl8vlAGJeQw
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby matt_88 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:09 am

I've thought of using the Sumo Spring aswell to help on the rare occasion that I have something in the tray.
Would you recommend the 2 piece sumo spring over the equalizer that sax is offering at the moment?
matt_88

Postby snowman on Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:17 am

just got a price of $563 + GST + delivery - for two piece variable load.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ultimate on Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:52 am

Yeah I would honestly prefer the 2 piece sumo spring over the Equalizer.

The sumo kits retail for $795.00 + freight or fitting.

$563.00 + GST is ridiculously cheap. I'd say they are trying to clear some old stock for that price. The best price I can do is $660.00 inc. GST + Freight and that's with virtually no markup.
The Team at
Australian Ultimate Suspension Pty. Ltd
Phone: +612 9618 7674
http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au YouTube Facebook
Designers, Manufacturers and Installers of performance aftermarket suspension for Cars, Trucks and 4wds
ultimate

Postby 4wd26 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:04 am

Danos wrote:Hey guys

I've been doing some searching on the forum and net trying to determine if there are any leaf options available that don't induce driveline vibration?

I don't want any additional lift, just better load carrying capacity (to stop the lights from pointing to the sky).

Ultimate suspension have told me even their helper leafs raise the back and will cause vibration.

I was also looking at aussie super springs but am not sure if vibration is an issue?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dane

I advise against the aussie super springs for use in the triton

they will (have) dinted the bottom of the triton chassis rail where the front super spring hanger sits under compression
Click to view larger picture

I find they do my intended roll- and now the damage is done I will leave them in.

but buyer beware

They also raise the rear of the vehicle by 2", which is not what you were after.

be aware that the sax design is also similar, I have not "personally" had problems with this brand, but if people don't look they may not even be aware. something to think about.
Click to view larger picture
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby AshTritonMN on Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:29 pm

ultimate wrote:Any replacement spring, helper or airbag that increases the height of the vehicle has the potential to introduce the vibration. Even a lot of Tritons fitted with factory heavy duty leaf springs had the vibration from new.

We do manufacture standard height heavy duty leaf springs which keep the height to a minimum and increase the load carrying capacity. The vibration is normally very minimal with these leaves. Personally, this is my preferred option.

http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au/ve ... icle_id=80
Do the ultimate "Tail Shaft Spacer kit" fix or at least lessen these vibration issues with lifts?
AshTritonMN

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:32 pm

Yes
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Bigbirdalx on Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:39 pm

AshTritonMN wrote:
ultimate wrote:Any replacement spring, helper or airbag that increases the height of the vehicle has the potential to introduce the vibration. Even a lot of Tritons fitted with factory heavy duty leaf springs had the vibration from new.

http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au/ve ... icle_id=80
Do the ultimate "Tail Shaft Spacer kit" fix or at least lessen these vibration issues with lifts?
If im posting, im either on the toilet, at work or both
Bigbirdalx

Return to Suspension