Changing brake lines - how easy is it really

Postby tailorfisho78 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:59 pm

Hey guys

I have just had extended brake lines made up from well known brake and clutch workshop and just need a heads up if I need to be aware of any potential issues when changing them over? I am assuming the usual rules apply, start with the furthest brake line from the master cylinder and work back to the nearest? Just wondering if it is pretty straight forward as un bolting and fit the new lines one by one and bleeding obversely marking sure the fluid is kept full at all times. I have carried out a search in the forum but couldn't find any step by step instructions. Any help and guidance is very much appreciated.
Cheers
Keith
tailorfisho78

Postby mattz on Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:24 am

That's pretty much it.
It's quite important not to let the fluid get to low or it can create an airlock in the abs module which is near impossible to get rid of.
Other than that, as long as you're competent in doing those jobs you've mentioned, you should be fine.
I used one of these to make sure I had a good grip on the nut and they distribute an even amount of pressure to reduce the amount of twist on any pipes.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427736506.180493.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Return to Suspension