Re: KARRMAN DIFF DROP KIT FOR ML MN

Postby 4wd26 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:36 pm

Congrats mate looking forward to the review
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby Joel on Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:47 pm

Nice prize but how much will it cost you for fitting and engineering?
I only drink on days starting with T... Today and Tomorrow
Joel

Postby Tony81 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:53 pm

4wd26 wrote:Congrats mate looking forward to the review

Thanks mate, won't be for a while though.... going back to uni and lucky to get 2 days work at the moment so funds are dry...

Joel wrote:Nice prize but how much will it cost you for fitting and engineering?

To be honest I don't have a clue, but like I said above it will sit in the garage with everything else until the time is right...lol
Last edited by Tony81 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony81
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Stoneman on Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:58 pm

Great score.
Stoneman

Postby Homer on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:02 pm

Good score, your garage sounds a bit like mine haha
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Naff on Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:47 pm

Homer wrote:Good score, your garage sounds a bit like mine haha

But I'm sure he can find it again..
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Re: Diff drop kits

Postby ajg86 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:50 pm

Has anyone had any experience with the karrman diff drop kit? I spoke to a mechanic in Canberra who fitted one and he gave it a pretty bad rap?
ajg86

Postby charger265 on Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:55 pm

ajg86 wrote:Has anyone had any experience with the karrman diff drop kit? I spoke to a mechanic in Canberra who fitted one and he gave it a pretty bad rap?

As the maker of the product we ended up helping the customer directly as the kit was installed incorrectly with the equivalent of a 5 inch lift. Our support extents past the point of sale and our efforts to correct the issues was not charged to the customer.
Within the limits of the forum and what i can post if you have any questions regarding the product or engineering Australia wide please contact the approved New Triton vendor "4WD Supplies"
charger265

Postby charger265 on Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:31 pm

Hate to stoke an old fire.. But i was wondering if i would ever receive an apology?
charger265

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:29 pm

charger265 wrote:if you have any questions regarding the product or engineering Australia wide please contact the approved New Triton vendor "4WD Supplies"

Who are no longer a forum sponsor.

However, members can contact them directly.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby charger265 on Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:16 pm

NowForThe5th wrote:Who are no longer a forum sponsor.

Thats a shame the return in investment must not there.
charger265

Postby L200Shogun on Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:55 pm

KPD 4x4 is still a sponser?
L200Shogun

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:12 pm

Yes, KPD4x4 are a sponsor. With 0 topics and 0 posts one wonders how they justify the investment, too.

But charger265 was talking about 4WDSupplies, and they are no longer a sponsor. They are, according to the Facebook page, "Permanently Closed" and their domain is parked. Probably not likely to respond to enquiries so I wonder why they were even mentioned.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby L200Shogun on Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:18 pm

KPD 4x4 sell the Karrman diff drop kit

4WDSupplies yes he shut up shop
L200Shogun

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Unlikely.

If you have some news on product development and/or the approvals that so many people were asking about then please feel free to start a new thread.

We'll not be reviving this discussion which has been well and truly done to death, just like this thread.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:24 pm

Ahhh, NewTriton.net. The forum that just keeps on giving.

We even help firms update their distributor lists.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby charger265 on Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:54 am

Well if we are such a giving forum could the admins please take the time to update the information regarding products and the incorrect information posted by admins???

To me it appears if there are double standards here.
Locking the post with all the incorrect information is what you could call dishonest as the correct information can not be updated. Also due to forum rules advising to start a new thread about the product as a vendor it is against forum rules without being an approved vendor. Again dishonest

Maybe the admins could stand by their word and allow a correction of information by a vendor and be allowed to link all the incorrect information (posts) as reference so there is no further confusion or muddying of the waters?
charger265

Postby NowForThe5th on Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:59 am

Happy to oblige charger265. I'm busy during the day today but will respond to your post, and your PM, this evening.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby NowForThe5th on Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:03 pm

A little late but, contrary to general opinion, I do have a life outside of NewTriton.

So, where to start?

charger265 wrote:I guess being allergic to bull shit brings the best out in me... I could also say the same for this forum locking posts and claiming i can reply in a new thread.. But that would be a breach of forum rules.. Yup.. nothing has changed...

Being allergic apparently doesn't stop you from spouting it.

After a 3 year hiatus and repeated statements that you would never post on this forum again, you return and open an old and pointless argument with completely unfounded allegations.

The thread was locked for exactly the reasons that I stated - that I did not want to see a return to the pointless arguments, bad blood and divisive tactics that characterised this thread and your previous time on NewTriton.

I made the offer that you could start a new thread if you had news that would be of interest to the members here. That offer remains open....

BTW.. that was my point.. thinking it doesn't work just shows that he doesn't know what he is talking about (karrman kit)... But hey.. i guess that's just fact... and apparently we don't work off facts here.. just thoughts.. hmmmm whats that... never had a karrman kit to test you say??? Just theory???

I have dealt with this in the other thread, but to reiterate, the member concerned is both long standing and well respected here for his technical prowess and skills. He offered an opinion saying "I think that it doesn't work well!!!". If you disagree then by all means counter with factual and well supported argument, not vague accusations that he doesn't know what he's talking about, without any backing up of your statement. You're engaging in conduct that is no better than what you accuse him of.

And it would be interesting to see how the admin approve of a mod that requires cutting and welding of both the upper and lower control arm.. Im sure that will pass Australian standards... :lol:
Yup.. nothing has changed.. good work guys.. hats off to you all...

The double standards of supporting a member that is fabricating something that would never pass Australian standards that achieves the exact same thing is phrased as a switched on person who knows what he is doing... Yet you have someone else who has produced an approved and engineered kit for the Australian market yet all attempts were made to derail the products... Just love the double standards...

Let me be quite clear. The Administrators and Moderators of this forum do not "approve" any modification. In this instance the general consensus was to commend Stefanos on what appears to be a well conceived and made part. Whether that part is legal in Australia or not is completely irrelevant - it's a "one-off" for use in Greece and I'd imagine that it is Stefanos' responsibility to comply with any relevant local legislation. No-one has made any comment on this, so clearly it is well understood by members. More on this below.

Edit: I also see the quite convenient deleting of posts where incriminating information is posted about admin abuse..

What deleting of posts? In the Forum Rules the Owner of this forum has set specific guidelines as to what is acceptable and what is not.

Posts are not deleted, they are removed and placed in a special area in the Moderators' section. I can tell you that exactly nine posts have been removed this year (2019) an most of these were either spam or unauthorised advertising. One contained some content that may have been of offence to certain religious groups. That's it.

We state that we are a family friendly forum and maintain standards that are acceptable in this context. Obviously we also have to fit with societal norms and content may be filtered where there is a risk of offence or it transcends certain laws. All this in addition to our rules regarding personal attack.

What we're about here is creating and maintaining a pleasant place where discussion and information can be had in a mature and friendly manner.

charger265 wrote:Well if we are such a giving forum could the admins please take the time to update the information regarding products and the incorrect information posted by admins???

Nick, it is not the admins (sic) responsibility to update information on this forum. We do correct misinformation where necessary so that members are not misled. I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about when referring to "incorrect information posted by admins".

That said, we are only human and from time to time do make mistakes. When corrected, they're acknowledged, not covered up. If you have any specific examples of what you allege then certainly provide links and we will address each as may be required. If you can't provide specifics then please desist from making baseless allegations.

Just to set the record straight, there is only one Administrator on this forum, plus a team of Moderators.

To me it appears if there are double standards here.
Locking the post with all the incorrect information is what you could call dishonest as the correct information can not be updated. Also due to forum rules advising to start a new thread about the product as a vendor it is against forum rules without being an approved vendor. Again dishonest

Maybe the admins could stand by their word and allow a correction of information by a vendor and be allowed to link all the incorrect information (posts) as reference so there is no further confusion or muddying of the waters?

Nick, again this is bullshit. Read back through this thread. You'll find numerous examples of congratulation for developing the diff drop product, from both Moderators and senior members.

Also, as has been explained to you before, we not only permit, but actually encourage you, as the developer of this product to keep us informed on technical issues that may be of interest to members. We do this because, as you have repeatedly stated, you are not the retailer of this product. No dishonesty and no double standards. Anyone who offers the product for sale to members must, in line with the Forum Rules, be a Forum Sponsor. Admittedly there have been a couple of cases where this rule was relaxed and members, who were not in business, were allowed to promote products that they made, at home and on a non-commercial basis.

An invitation, from me, to start a new thread is a rare opportunity and one that should be taken advantage of.

In the interests of transparency I have addressed not only the issues raised in your posts but also in your PM. I believe that this is important so that members understand in the event that they may see conflicting reports elsewhere.

The bottom line, Nick, is that we've given you more than a fair go and this has been in the interests of the members here who have shown significant interest in your product. Concerns have been raised about the legality of the product and whether it has gained any kind of engineering approval but you have, for some unknown reason, steadfastly refused to provide, here, any specifics on that. That doesn't detract from its interest to members and we would more than welcome you making public, at least on this forum, any information on this.

It's a case of put up or shut up, Nick. Specific details will be welcomed. Continued trollish behaviour and trouble making will not.
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby charger265 on Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:30 pm

NowForThe5th wrote:Being allergic apparently doesn't stop you from spouting it.

After a 3 year hiatus and repeated statements that you would never post on this forum again, you return and open an old and pointless argument with completely unfounded allegations.

The thread was locked for exactly the reasons that I stated - that I did not want to see a return to the pointless arguments, bad blood and divisive tactics that characterised this thread and your previous time on NewTriton.

I made the offer that you could start a new thread if you had news that would be of interest to the members here. That offer remains open....

So lets kick this off with a rebuttal that might not be removed from public viewing.

The reason i am back after such a long time is due to the fact that a number of members here have been well informed about the karrman product by a number of people including some you call as friends. Yet there has been no attempt to correct any of the information in this post.

NowForThe5th wrote:I have dealt with this in the other thread, but to reiterate, the member concerned is both long standing and well respected here for his technical prowess and skills. He offered an opinion saying "I think that it doesn't work well!!!". If you disagree then by all means counter with factual and well supported argument, not vague accusations that he doesn't know what he's talking about, without any backing up of your statement. You're engaging in conduct that is no better than what you accuse him of.

Now to provide a valid argument would require a complete understanding of the product and knowing the geometry that the product works within. Which is extremely hard to provide information on as you would require a working CAD 3D model to show the working range. Which is why your argument is arranged in that way.

But it does not take away from the fact that a comment was made about a product that has not been tested or used by the offending party. I do like your smugness accusing me of engaging in the same conduct. I was just stating facts that he does not know what he is talking about regarding the karrman kit. Again note the person in question has never touched a Karrman product. I think your allegations are a little miss guided like most things on this forum.

Yet at no point have you included my credentials or technical knowledge seeing as i have a working product being sold to Australian standards. Its interesting how you value knowledge???

NowForThe5th wrote:Let me be quite clear. The Administrators and Moderators of this forum do not "approve" any modification.

Your right its true you don't officially approve on any modification you just offer preferential treatment based on how you feel about the member in question
Produuct referal
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=21107&p=544579&hilit=SPV+industries#p544576
NowForThe5th wrote:It's the same as the one made by Tony (member here) under his SPV Industries brand.
Tony's been off the air after some bushfires in his area a while back but may be worth dropping him an email.

SPV Industries posting (under a non sponsored username) and freely able to push forum users to purchase the product again outside of forum rules
viewtopic.php?f=97&t=19529&p=531344&hilit=SPV+industries#p531344
Tony wrote:They have released EGR off and DPF off ECU remap for MQ. (Can be organised through SPV Industries)
The plug and play version (EGR only) is sourced from SPV Industries, however not officially released yet but they do exist. ;)

NowForThe5th wrote:What deleting of posts?
Posts are not deleted, they are removed and placed in a special area in the Moderators' section. I can tell you that exactly nine posts have been removed this year (2019) an most of these were either spam or unauthorized advertising. One contained some content that may have been of offense to certain religious groups. That's it.

I like how you made a point of only 9 post in 2019 considering the posts in question are from 2016 and before. And you and me both know that there are some things in there that you do not want as public viewing.
I highly doubt you would UN-delete them. But it is nice to hide behind the "guidelines of the forum"

NowForThe5th wrote:Nick, it is not the admins (sic) responsibility to update information on this forum. We do correct misinformation where necessary so that members are not misled. I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about when referring to "incorrect information posted by admins".

Here i am referring to the the information that you now know of the Karrman product supplied to you by friends and people in the industry that you and the other members value for their extensive skill and information within the industry.

Further more one person in question sells the karrman product and has engineered multiple vehicles. But at no stage has the information been corrected on this page by you or any other member.

Now for the incorrect information i guess i should start with the this exact quote from above. Your statement is incorrect and posted by yourself admin. Yes i know all the posts in question are gone so i cant link anything. But its always fun to catch you at your own game.

NowForThe5th wrote:Just to set the record straight, there is only one Administrator on this forum, plus a team of Moderators.

Admins/mods.. same same you both have the ability to edit and remove content/users

NowForThe5th wrote:Also, as has been explained to you before, we not only permit, but actually encourage you, as the developer of this product to keep us informed on technical issues that may be of interest to members. We do this because, as you have repeatedly stated, you are not the retailer of this product. No dishonesty and no double standards. Anyone who offers the product for sale to members must, in line with the Forum Rules, be a Forum Sponsor. Admittedly there have been a couple of cases where this rule was relaxed and members, who were not in business, were allowed to promote products that they made, at home and on a non-commercial basis.

You know very well this is not how it was received because in the beginning i was the manufacture and retailer of the product which you used the full effect of the forum guidelines to stop any post i tried to make about the product. There were several posts deleted when i tried to provide information and market the kit. So please your bullshit lies are really pushing the limits here...

NowForThe5th wrote:An invitation, from me, to start a new thread is a rare opportunity and one that should be taken advantage of.

I have to say this did surprise me. I have a feeling that it has been offered in light that you now know from various sources (Trusted sources) that the product is genuine. I will take you up on that with extracts from the engineering report.

NowForThe5th wrote:In the interests of transparency I have addressed not only the issues raised in your posts but also in your PM. I believe that this is important so that members understand in the event that they may see conflicting reports elsewhere.

The bottom line, Nick, is that we've given you more than a fair go and this has been in the interests of the members here who have shown significant interest in your product. Concerns have been raised about the legality of the product and whether it has gained any kind of engineering approval but you have, for some unknown reason, steadfastly refused to provide, here, any specifics on that. That doesn't detract from its interest to members and we would more than welcome you making public, at least on this forum, any information on this.

I find it hard for you to understand why i would not want to post here... After reading the posts and "me" explaining why i didnt want to post here im unsure of what you are reading.

charger265 wrote:Why should i keep a group of member informed when all they have tried to do is derail the product on other forums and because they were not getting anywhere and have now decided to bring it in house where you have control over the content...

I call it as i see it. As much as you like to work it around as if your the good supporting moderator the facts are very different and when you have the ability to control what people do and don't see its very easy to make a favorable argument

NowForThe5th wrote:It's a case of put up or shut up, Nick. Specific details will be welcomed. Continued trollish behaviour and trouble making will not.

I like your comment... maybe i should ask the same of you to un-delete all of the posts that have been deleted in this post and many others. The trollish behavior may not look as trollish as its made out to be.

BTW here is an extract from the final engineering report dated 10/09/2016
" The stresses seen in the FEA analysis are consistent with what could be expected in a real world scenario. Following this, the results showing the aftermarket arm exceeding the stress capability for the factory arm by a factor of more than four is an acceptable considerably large safety factor."
"Overall Test Conclusion
The Installation based on the geometric sizing, FEA comparative study and the reported ongoing off road testing clearly demonstrates the the parts are fit for purpose when used on a correctly laden vehicle with tyre sizes no greater than 50mm larger in diameter over the largest optional tyres available as was original equipment from the manufacturer"

It may take a little time to obtain approval from customers as to weather i can post their reports publicly for 3 inch certification in the available states but i would like to provide that for some nice humble pie experience.

Final note... thanks for unlocking this post...
charger265

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:31 am

Thanks Nick.

Read and absorbing................
Chris

NowForThe5th

Postby stefanos on Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:44 pm

Thanks for the information!!
stefanos

Postby stefanos on Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:45 pm

Thanks for the information!!
stefanos

Postby schons on Thu May 13, 2021 11:41 am

Hi guys, I have purchased a set of the karmann UCA for my triton. First I tried to install a OEM bushing but it was loose and knocking while driving. So I changed to the 2nd set thinking that the first set is faulty. Results are still the same. So now I had changed to whiteline bushing. And it’s not helping.

https://youtube.com/shorts/9Imq-1yuaPA?feature=share

This link will show you the problem. Anybody have any advice on this?
schons

Previous

Return to Suspension