Suspension Problems MN

Suspension Problems MN

Postby JDS Surf on Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:26 pm

2010 MN with a 2" Lift comprising of EFS front Strutts with King Springs and rear leafs that have been reset and also have airbags fitted.

Vehicle is currently really bouncy and stiff on the road. To the point where it is like the wheels feel like they come off the ground on decent bumps at speed. Tyres are sitting at about 20 psi to help with this issue. Rear airbags run about 2 psi when not loaded.

Car has bullbar and winch fitted on front. Rear has a large full length toolbox on one side of alloy flat tray and also second battery on rear of one side of tray and water storage on other side.

Springs when first changed were EFS but I changed these for King Springs hoping to improve. Tyres are a Bridgestone MT but also used to be the same when I had AT tyres on.

So I am basically at the point where I am considering just selling off my triton and going back to a cruiser or patrol.

Should I try a different suspension setup? Any thoughts? I would really like a 2" lift as it suits what I use the vehicle for. I do 1000kms a week as a minimum and if I can get it to handle comfortably I think I will be changing.

Thanks for the feedback.
JDS Surf

Re: Suspension Problems MN

Postby NowForThe5th on Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:50 pm

JDS, Have a read through this thread for starters.

Then have a look at some of the other linked threads in the Forum Directory.

I think you'll find lots of people have found a solution to the problem already, but if you have specific questions ask away in the appropriate thread.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Return to Suspension