Iron man suspension with a knock in the rear

Re: Iron man suspension with a knock in the rear

Postby Tasc4life on Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:10 pm

krazed wrote:Yeah safe to drive around on just more of an annoyance . After i got home from the first time i took it to ironman i'd found they jammed a shit heap of grease in between the leafs . It kind of got rid of the noise but i wasn't going to be doing that all the time . I got the karcher out and gave it a pressure wash with degreaser and boom knock was back . If they can't rectify just push for replacement springs . I had a letter from pedders to help my case along .

Cheers

Thanks for the reply, I went to take mine in last week, and thought I'd ring before dropped it off, big mistake! Should have just dropped it there as they were too busy to fit me in. So I booked her in to pedders for a check over and they also said it was safe to drive on, but those slip pads between the leafs aren't doing there job, and that it was the worst case of knocking he had seen. Reckoned the grease will help but they shouldn't be moving around as much as they are.

I rebooked it in for this Thursday at the fitters and see what happens. Ironman rep thinks it could be either the centre bolt in the pack is loose, the u bolts are loose, or the bushes are shot.

I regressed the shit out of them yesterday, and the noise has improved, but definitely won't be something I want to be doing every time it rains! They shouldn't be sold like this!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
Tasc4life

Postby Tasc4life on Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:01 pm

I took her in on Thursday and they worked some magic. They tightened up everything and went over everything with some grease. They out her up on the hoist with the wheels hanging and separated each leaf and greased uo the slip pad thing between each leaf. This has 100% resolved my knocking issue. It was as if the leafs were sticking on each other and causing the knocking.

Not sure how long it will last but it cost me nothing and they were keen to know how long it holds up, and to report back on how it goes. Being a new make, they seemed to genuinely want to solve the issue I was having :)

Tasc4life

Postby Tasc4life on Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:21 am

Just an update, the knock has returned (only softly at this stage, but that's how it started last time). I haven't been through water, haven't loaded it up, haven't been 4wding in it and it's back!

I spoke with ironman and they advised they would get in touch with the installer, and see what his thoughts were.

I rang the installer yesterday and confirmed ironman are sending out new rear leaf packs and once they arrived they will be installed. All under warranty, no issues! Pretty happy with the service. The guy from ironman seemed genuine in wanting to sort the issue out as they haven't had much feedback come back on the MQ suspension.

If anyone is having an issues, I encourage them to ring them in! They have been quite good to deal with and without the information/feedback going in, they can't sort out the issues in their products.

Cheers, Clint

Tasc4life

Postby krazed on Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:26 pm

yeah same thing happened with mine . Seems it might be common with their leafs . Good aftermarket support though so thats a + 8-)
krazed

Postby Tasc4life on Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:30 pm

Yeah pretty happy about how they have handled it! Hopefully they sorry the issue out.

Tasc4life

Postby Tasc4life on Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:36 pm

krazed wrote:yeah same thing happened with mine . Seems it might be common with their leafs . Good aftermarket support though so thats a + 8-)

Hey krazed, what type is leafs did you have the issue with out of curiosity? Mine were the B 'performance' spring, just wondering if it is just an issue with that spring type of whether it exists in the C 'HD' spring, or A 'comfort' the spring...

Tasc4life

Postby krazed on Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:33 pm

hey mate mine was the c class when it was knocking . I changed down to the b class when they replaced it and i think the b's are definitely better . They flex up alot better offroad than the c's
krazed

Postby Tasc4life on Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:40 pm

krazed wrote:hey mate mine was the c class when it was knocking . I changed down to the b class when they replaced it and i think the b's are definitely better . They flex up alot better offroad than the c's

Yeah cheers, I'll stick to the B's I think!

Tasc4life

Postby cjsxrt on Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:34 pm

I don't know why but mines mia at the moment it has me stuffed
cjsxrt

Postby Tasc4life on Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:16 pm

Anyone who is still interested I this, I had my whole rear ironman suspension replaced with outback armour, at the cost of ironman!

I put more info I my build thread for anyone interested, but briefly, after the issue kept reappearing, even after replacing the leaf pack, they offered to replace it with whatever I wanted. I went outback armour for their offer of 50mm,as the front was up already, and didn't want it sagging at the rear (most others only offer 20-35mm).

Instead of just getting the leaf pack replaced, the mechanic purchased the whole kit, and some! New shocks and all!

Very happy with ironman after sales service though! Can't complain about that! 2 x new sets, and they haven't even looked at the car! Trusted the mechanic who done the installs word! Even though he just cost them 1300 for the new gear hahah

Pics in the build thread also for anyone interested! !

Cheers

Tasc4life

Previous

Return to Suspension