ML Steering feedback

ML Steering feedback

Postby Rienoh on Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:54 am

Hey,

I have been doing a lot of searching without really finding what I'm after.

For some time has had really bad steering feedback. I was hoping the new suspension may have sorted it a little but it hasn't.

Are there any ways to test the pump/rack?

About 6 months ago I got in and it was like the steering lock was on, it clunked an came good though. Unsure of whether the steering was bad before that or not.

Thoughts?
Rienoh

Re: ML Steering feedback

Postby Rienoh on Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:02 am

BTW, I have an ARB bulbar and side rails. Dual battery under bonnet, wheel alignment was done 6 months ago but I am having it done again today (due to suspension swap.)

I know they all have some feed back but I literally feel the road and every bump on it :cry:
Rienoh

Re: ML Steering feedback

Postby 711Pete on Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:55 pm

My MN with 15,000 on the clock was/is terrible, long story short, I had a leaking strut which was replaced, but put on the wrong way around. Another different dealer later, still around the wrong way but finally fixed. Was heaps better, but after a few suggestions from the forum, I called Ultimate Suspension in Ingleburn. I am in Sydney for a meeting this weekend, so on Monday before I come back home, they are checking my ute out to ensure there are no other issues and replacing all 4 shocks.

I believe this will make a heap of difference after talking to several people and Ultimate.
711Pete

Return to Suspension