$210 Superior Diff Drop

$210 Superior Diff Drop

Postby ajwebb on Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:38 am

As the title says, anyone fitted one of these to the front of there ute? Ment to lower your front diff about an inch to help correct CV angles a bit. Just ordered one myself so I'll hopefully bang it in when I fly home from work next. Might be the way to go for the blokes who want to run a bit of lift but don't wanna pay out the arse for a full kit.

Here's the link to it

https://www.superiorengineering.com.au/ ... er=126,355
ajwebb

Re: $210 Superior Diff Drop

Postby Geoff3DMN on Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:57 am

Hmmm interesting, never seen those before!

Might have to think about getting one.
Geoff3DMN
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Jacobie on Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:58 am

Hey mate, I've had a look into these kits but am a bit skeptical. I myself am looking at getting a larger lift but the diff drop situation put it to a halt. Unfortunately the Triton's don't have it as easy as hilux's when it comes to Aftermarket suspension components.
The Karmman diff drop looks like the best option, however it comes at a pretty steep price if you can't afford a full sus kit. By my research the Karman diff drop and superior, is like the only places that actually do it for a Triton. The difference between them is very big.

I'm interested to see how this kit goes for you and good luck with it all. I'm swaying more toward a karman diff drop and 2-4 adjustable struts myself.
2013 MN GLX-R

Build Thread: Jacobie's 2013 MN GLX-R
Jacobie

Postby aids84 on Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:42 pm

I have heard reports of vibrations from the front propshaft due to these kits, caused by the change in angle of the front diff flange. Better off going with a kit that drops the front brackets as well to keep everything on the same plane.
aids84
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Suspension