ml shocks and struts from the states?

ml shocks and struts from the states?

Postby chriso on Fri May 05, 2017 9:16 pm

Hi guy's,

This is the start of the up grades to my triton.

I'm looking into the costs to put bilstein b6 or 5100 series shocks and struts with king springs on the front and some efs springs on the back of my ml triton .
I have be been leaning toward bilstein for some time but have a hard time coming at around $250 a corner retail in australia v $80 up to $130 > for the remote reservoir, retail in the u.s.

I have spoken to a company in michigan who requested part numbers, because the particular shocks for my car may not have been issued by bilstein in the states which in turn may not be suitable for the model triton here in aus. I did supply him with my vin but he coudln't be sure with that either.

I'm not sure how to get the correct information so this is where I need help.

I have a some questions for those who may have insight and experience with importing.

1. contact or direction to obtaining the relative part numbers for the bilstein shocks & struts or assembled coil overs.

2. any particular companies to contact in the u.s.

3. I would imagine it has been done before so any help would be appreciated.

I am aware the triton is called l 200 in the philippines and u.k and strada in brazil. so could there be another avenue here?

I hope that someone may be able to assist with my little exercise.

Cheers,

Chriso
chriso

Re: ml shocks and struts from the states?

Postby mad992 on Sat May 06, 2017 6:55 am

Don't waste your time mate. we have Brendan from Ultimate Suspension on our team so why not contact him for advice and get your truck riding and handling the way it should 8-)
mad992

Postby ag9111 on Sat May 06, 2017 9:07 am

I would look into shipping costs.
May make the price difference not worth the time and risk
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby RHKTriton on Sat May 06, 2017 9:08 am

X2

Chris, sometimes really not worth trying to reinvent the 'wheel,. :lol:

Lots more to it than just buying particular brands of shock.

On the side, I've had shocks from Repco on the rear, when the bicycle pumps died, were great for a few months but lost their effect pretty rapidly. Then I tried the specified Gabriel's, a brand I'd always wanted to try for years. Again good when new, but tapered off quicker than the repcos.

Agree the Bilsteins should be a great shock for durability, traded both my Vito and Transport with original Bilsteins and were still working fine with over 200k on each.

Vehicles like our Tritons need well designed solutions to get the best out of load capacity, ride & handling.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Suspension