Triton Lifts

Triton Lifts

Postby deermaster on Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:42 pm

Dropped in to the ARB 4x4 shop near me with my lad who was getting stuff re done to his truck he just brought from a mate. His mate had got the most expensive lift kit I ever heard of fitted there. Like well over $4500 . The guy behind the counter was a real arrogant bloke and with his way of talking to a customer I would never buy anything at all from there. Just for a laugh I asked how much to re do my suspension. His answer was, (Like he near yelled at me as mine has already had a two inch lift)we will not do a 2inch lift as it alters the angles of the tailshaft too much and would only do one that would probably lift buy a max of one inch if that. I thought WTF Anyway then he said it would cost me at least $2550. I said to my lad that if I was going to get mine re done, as it has been six years, I would get Ultimate to do mine, as at least you could talk to the people there without getting into an argument, as this bloke was a real tosser who when ever you asked a decent question, he just raied his voice and spoke to us like we were a couple of wankers.
I and the lad thought,,, what a way to run a business.
deermaster

Re: Triton Lifts

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:21 pm

Deermaster, I never quite know where to put your topics. :lol: For now this one can live in 4th Gen - Suspension, although it has little to do with that, really.

But, I agree completely. It's quite amazing how customers, or even potential customers, pick up on the slightest thing. Last few weeks I've had some health problems that have made me a little short, not quite as willing to put up with the fools that one happens across every day in business. Quite remarkable how that reflected in bookings (or lack thereof). Resolved to getting back to being nice to the customers and taking out all my frustrations on the members here. :P :lol:
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Joel on Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:45 am

You should ask the bloke at arb if he recently transferred up from canberra. When i went in to the local store looking for bullbar and winch and a little advice i was given their catalogue and he turned his back to me. Made it hard for him to see me walk out
I only drink on days starting with T... Today and Tomorrow
Joel

Postby RHKTriton on Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:59 am

At least you got as far as getting the arrogance!

A few years ago I needed a bit for my mower to carry me over the weekend. About 5:20 - 25pm had the door literally closed and locked in front of me!

Well..they missed out on the new ride on I bought a couple of weeks later and all future business.

I think the basic problem is that many sales employees have lost what a salesperson actually is
and what they do, certainly doesn't include leaning over a counter gawking at their smarter phone.

$4,500 for sus! That can buy suspension, tyres + some frilly bits.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby deermaster on Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:15 pm

RHKTriton wrote:At least you got as far as getting the arrogance!

A few years ago I needed a bit for my mower to carry me over the weekend. About 5:20 - 25pm had the door literally closed and locked in front of me!

Well..they missed out on the new ride on I bought a couple of weeks later and all future business.

I think the basic problem is that many sales employees have lost what a salesperson actually is
and what they do, certainly doesn't include leaning over a counter gawking at their smarter phone.

$4,500 for sus! That can buy suspension, tyres + some frilly bits.

That's what I thought too. :roll:

Joel wrote:You should ask the bloke at arb if he recently transferred up from canberra. When i went in to the local store looking for bullbar and winch and a little advice i was given their catalogue and he turned his back to me. Made it hard for him to see me walk out

I would never ever go back into that store no matter what I wanted, I cannot stand arrogant people behind a counter that shout at you when you ask a question and talk a lot of crap I reckon is what he was saying :o

NowForThe5th wrote:Deermaster, I never quite know where to put your topics. :lol: For now this one can live in 4th Gen - Suspension, although it has little to do with that, really.

But, I agree completely. It's quite amazing how customers, or even potential customers, pick up on the slightest thing. Last few weeks I've had some health problems that have made me a little short, not quite as willing to put up with the fools that one happens across every day in business. Quite remarkable how that reflected in bookings (or lack thereof). Resolved to getting back to being nice to the customers and taking out all my frustrations on the members here. :P :lol:

Thanks anyway, I was feeling like letting of some steam, hate being treated like I was a nuisance wanting to ask questions in a shop :lol:
deermaster

Postby deermaster on Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:21 pm

PS Meant to ask, what other people think about him saying they will never lift a Triton more than nearly an inch and to lift any higher, would stuff up the driving ability as he said it would drive terribly if it was lifted any higher and flog out universals etc. Ha ha mine has been lifted 2inches from near six years ago and drives that good compared to what it was like standard, it felt like a new truck and held the road that much better it wasn't funny. I don't think those people will ever get anyone with a Triton wanting a lift as a customer :roll: :lol:
deermaster

Postby NowForThe5th on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:29 pm

Done properly, with the right components, a lift to bring the front up to about 595mm can give improved handling and ride. In some cases, even beyond that. However, in the early days a few suspension companies got burnt with the whole shudder thing and so their solution was to not go over about 40mm. Playing it safe. Unfortunately these people still believe that that is the limit and they perpetuate that fallacy.

I've always suggested that members talk to suspension companies that we know have the the knowledge and experience to give factual advice. Unfortunately the maker of this kit isn't one of those. Their loss.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Duck on Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:01 pm

Hey deermaster, ARB only sell the Old man emu & the book says what est lift it will give each vehicle so he might just be regurgitating the speel. No reason to be rude though. Christmas seems to make a lot of customers & staff nasty. I am happy with my OME suspension, sure its not as high as others 2 inch it surely is a nice ride. Is your suspension failing you ? At least if you decide to stab him it will be with a high quality hand made knife.
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby deermaster on Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:26 pm

NowForThe5th wrote:Done properly, with the right components, a lift to bring the front up to about 595mm can give improved handling and ride. In some cases, even beyond that. However, in the early days a few suspension companies got burnt with the whole shudder thing and so their solution was to not go over about 40mm. Playing it safe. Unfortunately these people still believe that that is the limit and they perpetuate that fallacy.

I've always suggested that members talk to suspension companies that we know have the the knowledge and experience to give factual advice. Unfortunately the maker of this kit isn't one of those. Their loss.

Definately what you say is correct and have seen a few with fairly large lifts. Their loss for sure, but I would not touch anything in their store and would rather drive to Brisbane to see a suspension mob that I know do the right job. :D

Duck wrote:Hey deermaster, ARB only sell the Old man emu & the book says what est lift it will give each vehicle so he might just be regurgitating the speel. No reason to be rude though. Christmas seems to make a lot of customers & staff nasty. I am happy with my OME suspension, sure its not as high as others 2 inch it surely is a nice ride. Is your suspension failing you ? At least if you decide to stab him it will be with a high quality hand made knife.

I actually don't like old man emu stuff anyway and just asked him for the hell of it. Amazing how he got up on his high horse and gave me a lot of rubbish spiel. Some stuff he said made sense but a lot sure didn't, especially telling me a 2inch lift would make my Triton actually dangerous and wear out uni's etc. :roll:
My lift is six years old, still rides perfect, but springs squeak and one shock in general starts to squeak really badly. Amazing a bit of CRC on the shaft inside the rubber stops it straight away, but doesn't last that long. I was thinking about ringing Ultimate and getting a price to re do it. Not sure if I will go ahead or not but like to know what it will likely cost me when I do. :D
deermaster

Return to Suspension