Squeaking rears ?? is there a cure ??

Re: Squeaking rears ?? is there a cure ??

Postby leonbee on Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:00 pm

leonbee wrote:FOUND A CURE PASS IT ON ;)

Remembered this stuff and found it at Bunny's. Gurni in between springs then add this. Have not had a squeak for 6 months.

I think the rules are not to link to adds but if I say Penetrol no one will know what it is.

http://www.bunnings.com.au/search/produ ... ctFrom=Any
leonbee

Postby Ricco on Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:39 pm

Doc wrote:
steveo wrote:I brought up the squeaking rear end at my last service (30k) and when I picked it up they said they had ordered a "Spring Silencer Kit". Took it back a few weeks later and they fitted what looks like a white plastic type material between the springs and the brackets holding it together. Didn't look like much but so far no squeaks :mrgreen:

Stevo - we had that fitted around 20,000 klms and then drove to Cape York and back. 75,000 klms later still no reappearance of the squeaking so hopefully yours will serve you likewise.

Sorry to hi-jack here but can I ask if when you had the silencer kit fitted if the ute was stock standard or already set up for touring? I only ask because I have always had squeaky rear leaf springs and not once has any dealer I've been to ever said anything about a silencer kit or upgrade :?: .
I have had all-around ARB bar work since new: winch bar (no winch fitted), side rails to steps & rear tow bar. I am not far off taking her in for the 60k service and am already going to ask about warranty for my front left shock leaking but am concerned that they might claim it is void coz of the bar work?? It's a 2011 MN Dual cab and doesn't carry any extra weight except the bar work i.e. no drawers or toolboxs etc. and has never done any serious off-roading.

Thanks in advance :)
Ricco

Postby buffhunt on Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:29 pm

I had the silencer kit fitted on my 75k service for my 2011 MN a month or more ago. Been quiet as since doing that. I have OEM Suspension.
Cheers,
buffhunt

The worst bit about growing old is remembering your youth! :shock:
buffhunt
Platinum Subscriber

Postby docta.phipps on Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:21 pm

Got the silencer kit put in at 43k after reading on here. Never heard it while driving, just when bouncing on the side step.
docta.phipps

Postby leonbee on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:39 pm

Glad I don't have to mess arounund with a silencr kit. Penetrol works great. Quick easy and cheap :D
leonbee

Triton leaf springs question

Postby Preryndr on Fri May 08, 2020 1:42 pm

After the weekend my Triton's leafspring rubber bushings all of a sudden started making a lot of 'squeeking' noises. It sounds like the noises are coming from both the front and rear attachment points.
Is this a sign that they need replacement?

SWAMBO used the Triton on a gravel road (that was apparently quite rough) over the weekend but it's not the first time thats been done since I bought it. I have never heard of rubber bushings that need lubrication but out of frustration the noise made me want to spray some 'spokies' on it to see if it helps.
Preryndr

Postby NowForThe5th on Fri May 08, 2020 2:43 pm

Preryndr, moved your post here because we already have a thread on this topic.

Have a read through the last 11 pages.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby RHKTriton on Sat May 09, 2020 10:03 am

Had the squeaking on both the son's MN and my ML a while back.

Spraying the springs and guide with lube quietened them done for a short while.

The final cure, which finally shut the the things up, was to slightly bend the leaf-pack guides out slightly.

Pretty well no more squeaks.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby DibbyDibbyDJ on Sat May 09, 2020 7:29 pm

There is a fix kit available from Mitsi. Plastic spacers and spring centralisers. Only for Ml and MN though.
2024 Outlander

mitsubishi-forums.com
DibbyDibbyDJ

Previous

Return to Suspension