ULTIMATE SUSPENSION

ULTIMATE SUSPENSION

Postby Buzzy on Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:30 am

Talked to a dude from this mob today, they are in Sydney. Asked about a suspention lift and he said how high, 2", 4", 6", 8". They will do anything, you just have to get it engineered for anything above 2". He said for a rough guesstamit on the other lifts add about 1K for every inch you go up.
Quote for a 2" kit was $1200 + $280 fitting.
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

ULTIMATE SUSPENSTION

Postby AC on Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:57 am

Thats interesting..ill have to look them up and find out some more info.. cheers
AC

ULTIMATE SUSPENSTION

Postby Dave on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:46 pm

Speak to Kenn from Ultimate Suspension, mention that Dave from the Hilux site sent ya, he will definitely look after you then. Perhaps for a better price.

Ultimate Suspension is a sponsor of my sites!
Dave
Site Admin

ULTIMATE SUSPENSTION

Postby Buzzy on Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:39 pm

Dave.... I actually talked to Ken, seemed like a good bloke. Is the Ultimate gear any good?
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: ULTIMATE SUSPENSTION

Postby daryn on Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:43 pm

Ok, is anyone here using Ultimate yet ?

This thread is about a year old and I have just been talking to them today and they seemed really helpful, maybe worth the effort for me to drive there and spending a day.

$1500 kit
$300 Install

The kit they do is 40mm with Aussie Ryder Shocks, I have been looking at a Lovells/Bilstein kit but am curious to whether Ultimate live up to their name.

D
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby xrdave on Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:32 pm

Just bought a new sr single cab ute 4x4. Fitted a 2" lift Bilstiens shocks all round, king springs (front) and efs springs (rear). It cost $1400 + gst. Im happy with that. :D

Dave.
I GET ENOUGH EXERCISE JUST PUSHING MY LUCK.
xrdave

Postby Dave on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:39 pm

If you say you're a NewTriton.net member, Ken will give you a discount as he's a supporter of all three forums.

His gear is top notch, I have a set of ultimate shocks all round on the Hilux and they're great and the ability to adjust the height is pretty good as well.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby daryn on Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:55 am

Thanks dave for the tip and feedback.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby scubapro on Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:09 am

I have been using his kit for about a year now, no problems & Ken will go oiut of his way to help. Great product & great people to deal with.
scubapro

Postby daryn on Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:49 am

Scuba wow, someone has the kit, great, can you provide a bit more detail on the kit ie did you go for comfort kit ? Aussie Ryder Shocks ? raise - how much? has it sagged since install ? Did it make a big difference over stock ? and anything else you could add. Thanks Scuba, you can brief if you want :)

scubapro wrote:I have been using his kit for about a year now, no problems & Ken will go oiut of his way to help. Great product & great people to deal with.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby scubapro on Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:29 pm

daryn I went for their own brand springs & shocks that they valve to suit the loads I stated that I would be carrying. So I have installed a long range Brown Davis 135 litre tank after the suspension change & it is coping with the extra weight fine although Ken did say to bring it back for an extra spring to be installed at no charge to them. My fault I forgot that I would put a long range tank in.

OK it was a 2" lift with new springs al round. It cost me $1,7771-00 for my configuration including fitting.

I am very happy, corners great, handles bumps well with not too much bone jarring, brakes better no nose dipping & most important when towing it has a reassuing feeling not wallowy or bouncy. No sagging at all so far.

Seriously I have no hesitation in recommending Ken. I have no association with him other than him installing a great product. Tell exactly what you want & he will do t for you he really knows his stuff.
scubapro

Postby Choady on Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:07 pm

Sounds good Scuba - any shudder ? do you get a tailshaft spacer too ?
Choady

Postby scubapro on Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:57 am

choady i have an automatic so there is no shudder or need for a spacer. I did ask Ken about this.

He also mentioned that he knew a manufacturer that is working on or by now already made a new centre axle uni type joint to address the shudder. Might be worthwhile asking him.

He exports a lot of stuff to Thailand.
scubapro

Postby scubapro on Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:09 am

choady i have an automatic so there is no shudder or need for a spacer. I did ask Ken about this.

He also mentioned that he knew a manufacturer that is working on or by now already made a new centre axle uni type joint to address the shudder. Might be worthwhile asking him.

He exports a lot of stuff to Thailand.
scubapro

Postby Wallace on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:34 pm

Dropped in to see Ken and Bob today, very interesting conversation........... They definately know their stuff. Anyways I have ordered a set of front struts and will use my existing springs. I was after slightly more lift in the front end than I was able to acheive with the kit I have installed. I will take photos and post via a mod of the components that will make up the strut assembly....still haven't figured out how to put shots up. They will be ready early next month...............Hope the dragon doesn't find out! Shitye if she does we might be able to start a new craze of modded tritons......but a hearse............. ;) ;)
The loneless road is the one you walk alone
Support Beyondblue
You never know when you will need the help.
Wallace

Postby Buzzy on Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:36 pm

Let me know if ya want the pics up mate. Email them to me and I will do it ;)
Very interested to see how you get on here
Buzzy
Valued Contributor

Postby Choady on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:37 pm

Wallace wrote:Dropped in to see Ken and Bob today, very interesting conversation........... They definately know their stuff. Anyways I have ordered a set of front struts and will use my existing springs. I was after slightly more lift in the front end than I was able to acheive with the kit I have installed. I will take photos and post via a mod of the components that will make up the strut assembly....still haven't figured out how to put shots up. They will be ready early next month...............Hope the dragon doesn't find out! Shitye if she does we might be able to start a new craze of modded tritons......but a hearse............. ;) ;)

Hey Wallace - What kit do you have installed already, and what was limiting you so far ? Your shed says Dobinsons suspension kit.
Choady

Postby Wallace on Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:31 pm

Choady, at the momemt the full kit is Dobis plus a little part that I obtained from XXXX. I am more than happy with the set up I have it is exceptionally good gear. At the moment my front sits at 585mm from centre of hub but want at least 610mm. This will be acheivable with the new front shocks and the litle part from XXXX. I will also be fitting top ball joint spacers so as not to minimise too much the bump stop bind on the top control arm during extension. Will post shots of the components going into the front end towards the end of next week ;) ;)
Last edited by Wallace on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Support Beyondblue
Wallace

Postby Choady on Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:43 pm

Looking forward to seeing it all. What is XXXX ? Or am i missing the joke..... :)
Choady

Postby jop on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:27 pm

I thought it was a disgraceful local beer :?
jop

Postby King Triton on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:54 am

i reckon XXXX is &^%$ or maybe it's @@#!@ than again i could be wrong its probably :#&$ yep thats it for sure :lol: :lol: :lol:
King Triton

Postby Wallace on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:12 pm

Sorry guys was just having a little fun XXXX, they are custom made spacers for the top of the shock mount. And I know at least one person that drinks that "Disgraceful local beer" Will post shots later next week when the install is complete :D ;)
Support Beyondblue
Wallace

Postby Choady on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:38 pm

Details of the custom spacers would be great too :D

I'll drink XXXX if theres nothing else on tap. Its not too bad after half a dozen or so :lol:
Choady

Postby scubapro on Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:16 am

Guys I was watching the Malcom Douglas episode on saturday & I noticed that he is using the Ultimate Suspension on his Toyota.
scubapro

Postby daryn on Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:27 am

scubapro wrote:Guys I was watching the Malcom Douglas episode on saturday & I noticed that he is using the Ultimate Suspension on his Toyota.

You can read about Malcolm and US here http://www.ultimatesuspension.com.au/testimonials.php
daryn
Valued Contributor

Next

Return to Suspension