Random Suspension Questions

Re: Random Suspension Questions

Postby g4cube on Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:32 pm

I am looking into the ultimate kit but before I do I had the same idea of doing the tail shaft and brake lines first before I approach them regarding availability of the 2" lift kit.
2009 GLX-R dual cab ARB Winch Bar and Alpha Canopy charcoal colour. Now with a 2" lift from ultimate. ARB rear step bar
g4cube

Postby viking shippy on Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:08 pm

Wait and see mate, I have no shudder when empty and slight when loaded.?,?,was bad when I did the lift but now have drive spacer, gearbox spacer ,rotated my centre bearing and extended brake lines...all good ....somebody here modifyied the bearing itself he moved the mounting tab their on ebay for 70 bucks...modifying the chassis needs engineering ALSo to be legal!,
viking shippy

Postby dan.batto on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:40 pm

Will my old ML springs fit my dads 2wd MN, the springs in that have been fitted with the "silencer kit" but are literally flat. And have barely any give in them. Does anyone know if putting my old ML springs into it will make it any different or am i wasting my time? - my thoughts are wasting my time, but I thought I'd throw it out there before I scrap my springs!
dan.batto

Postby Mooons on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:47 pm

dan.batto wrote:Will my old ML springs fit my dads 2wd MN, the springs in that have been fitted with the "silencer kit" but are literally flat. And have barely any give in them. Does anyone know if putting my old ML springs into it will make it any different or am i wasting my time? - my thoughts are wasting my time, but I thought I'd throw it out there before I scrap my springs!

no idea Dannyboy
Brendan or Fraz will have the answer
If its no you can have my MN suspension that was pulled out
there was nothing wrong with it I just wanted the extra ride hight
When you point your finger cos your plan fell through
Theres three more fingers pointing back at you
Mooons
Platinum Subscriber

Postby ag9111 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:01 pm

They will fit, but the Triton springs are very flat from standard.

Dont let that fool you
I love cats, but I couldn't eat a full one!

Mud is like unprotected sex
30 secs of fun for a lifetime of grief
ag9111
Platinum Subscriber

Postby dan.batto on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:51 pm

Thanks guys!
dan.batto

Postby lufc on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:00 am

hi all
i am looking to get some quotes for suspension upgrade, i live in lilydale ,victoria ,can someone recomend somewhere
lufc

Postby dan.batto on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:34 am

lufc wrote:hi all
i am looking to get some quotes for suspension upgrade, i live in lilydale ,victoria ,can someone recomend somewhere

Get in touch with brendan at ultimate, as I'm sure have seen everyone raves about how awesome it is! And it is! You will just have to find someone to install it for you ;) well worth the effort IMHO.
dan.batto

Postby Dunga71 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:26 am

Def get the Ultimate lift mate,had mine fitted 3 weeks ago very very happy with it,the service is second to none and the product,well i dont know why i didnt do it earlier.I had it done on my way through to Fraser island and the kids where getting car sick all the way up to Ingleburn,after it was done they never got sick once,coming home i did Lismore to Singleton over the top and then down to Sydney via Putty road,very tight and windy all the way and no spewy children,BONUS :D
Believe all ya see and half what ya hear
Dunga71

Postby 91Geoff on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Im having trouble getting the swaybar link undone, preventing me from progressing any further with suspension install.

Any tips?
ML GLX diesel.
Ironman bar, Flexiglass canopy, 265 Mickey T's, Ultimate suspension, Nite Stalker spotties, reverse lights, drawers, dual batteries, fridge slide & 60L Waeco, did3.2 seat spacers and a lot of right boot in the soft stuff.
91Geoff

Postby fraz91 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:26 pm

Spray liberally with WD-40 and use a 6mm Allen key to hold the link thread still while you undo the nut with a 17mm spanner. It can be a little time consuming, but that's your best option.

It is possible to get the new struts in without undoing the swaybar though, can just be a little difficult to line the lower strut bolt up. ;)

See the build up of my old Triton here.
fraz91

Postby FastFoz on Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:42 pm

Anybody using sax suspension, and what do you think of it?

Took mine in Friday to get a sax kit fitted and it was a disaster. I hope they just sent the wrong kit up because, the front dropped 30mm+ instead of raising 50mm, the rear raised 40mm instead of minimum 50mm, front struts were a pig to fit, rear leafs were a pig to fit, rear shocks did not fit at all. A mess from start to finish pretty much. Just wondering whether to tell them where to shove it or persevere and see if they can redeem themselves, at a discount price of course :evil: .
FastFoz

Postby al coholic on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:06 pm

Sax as i understand are a fairly new company....not that that excuses your problems at the moment, might be a simple case of wrong parts shipped out.

I would obviously persevere and try to get the result you are looking for first of all. Discuss each and every problem over the phone with someone high up in the company who should know their stuff ??

Good luck with it all

// out of interest....what's the Sax kit worth without install?? ;)
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby al coholic on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:07 pm

Double post :roll:
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby FastFoz on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:20 pm

Was quoted $2500 installed with wheel alignment. Little dearer than most but though it was worth the extra if its as good as they say it is, but I have a few mates with it on their new mazda's and they are happy with it, A little firm but reckon its carries a load really well compared to the Old Man Emu's.

They also had problems with wrong stuff ordered, wrong leaf pack was sent on one and the other had no greaseable shackles, so someone in their company needs a talking to. Pretty slack considering they want top dollar.
FastFoz

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:53 pm

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere they were making their leaf packs by using old OEM packs and adding in the helpers. Did they ask for your leafs back on some sort of exchange basis?

For that money you could have got a perfect setup from ultimate suspension ;) but then I would say that given that is the decision I made when upgrading my suspension. Still, if I had to bet money on it, I'd say there are more tritons out there running ultimate gear than any other aftermarket brand and when it comes to something like that I reckon experience counts for a lot.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby viking shippy on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:26 am

Tell em to shove it .....call ultimate now...carnt believe they supplied such a miss match laughable.... Fight... Mate... If that happened to me there would be blood on there workshop floor ...what a joke how can they provide a , balanced ,uniform working suspension system ...have they done r and d on tritons ..you could walk into super cheap and get better results ....fight for your money back. mate go see the department of fair traiding...
viking shippy

Postby viking shippy on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:26 am

Tell em to shove it .....call ultimate now..
viking shippy

Postby FastFoz on Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:39 pm

Well I found out they had a batch of faulty springs, they were gonna send up a replacement set and the guys that's fitting them for me got sax to look/test them before they sent em up, and what do you know they had a whole batch of saggy springs. So hopefully tomorrow It will be all fixed up.

I know every one like's ultimate, and its pretty obvious its very successful, but I want something that will carry a 500kg to 1tonne load without sagging but still keep a reasonable semiloaded ride. On my mates new Mazda he had a body made up to carry all his electrical equipment,, its dropped about 10mm from empty to loaded, which is 700kg plus of gear. And handles the weight really well when loaded, doesn't wallow around and so on. Obviously its not a super smooth ride when empty, but it was still better then the Standard triton ride.

So if I can have the same versatility in load carrying capacity I will be happy. And someone's gota be the guinea pig to tell if its a success or a failure. It has not started well but hopefully it will get better.
FastFoz

Postby Damo85 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:58 pm

Hi guys im a bit new to the whole thread scene so i apologize if ive made a mistake or am in the wrong section.
I just bought a 2011 mn triton glxr with 15000km on it compleatly stock and im not really happy with the ride it providess on corrigations or dips. Ive rung around cairns and got a few quotes on new suspension, so far my best quote was $1650 using my original leafs and new struts and shocks. shocks and struts are EFS are they any good or just cheap crap? please any info would be appreciated.

cheers
Damo
Damo85

Postby George Kyro on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:26 pm

Hi Guys Quick question

I have added under body protection , bull bar, rear bar, and rock sliders on my car prior to doing any suspension work .
If i go to put a 2 inch lift and 2 inch body lift will my under carriage protection front and rear bars and rock slider still bolt on with no hassles ???

Im a little worried about this as vie just gone out and purchased all this at once and didn't even think that it may not fit when it comes time to add the 2 inch lift and body lift
Cheers Georgie
BROKE BACK MUD BUM CHUM RUNNERS CLUB
George Kyro

Postby NowForThe5th on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:37 pm

Welcome to the Forum, George.

None of what you've mentioned will have any effect on the suspension operation nor will an upgraded suspension have any effect on those mods. You will notice the difference, though, in better handling, improved comfort and load carrying capacity.

A body lift, however, will impact at least on your bullbar, which may need re-positioning. Bear in mind though, that in conjunction with a suspension lift, you will be illegal in most States and certainly require engineering certification. The Triton is an extremely capable vehicle, just with a 2" suspension lift - a body lift really isn't necessary. I'd be putting that extra cash into traction such as a front diff lock instead.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby George Kyro on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:57 pm

Thanks Chris!
And appreciate the useful info buddy.
Good to know the only thing that may need re positioning is the front bar.
I totally understand your thoughts on traction but comparing a 250 dollar mod to a 2000 dollar locker is a massive price comparison in terms of future mods.
I will be doing the lockers eventually when I got the money for it but at 4 grand all round it may have to wait a little while!

The 2 inch body lift is illegal in my state but if that's the only thing illegal with my vehicle then I think I can live with that...
And I'd much rather go 2 inch lift + 2 inch body to fit 33's and make it a capable 4wd instead of going some 5 inch kit that may require massive custom work done to it!

I'll let you know how it all goes !
Thanks for your wise words Bruv! ;)
George Kyro

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:23 pm

you don't need a 2 inch body lift to fit 33s. ;)
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby George Kyro on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:07 am

Good to know thanks Dave!

Judging by the sound of things it seems to be a bit if a hassle and a fair bit of custom work involved getting all my bars and guards lining up after I fit the 2" body lift...

I also wanted to have that higher look but if its going to cause more of a headache then what it's worth I may just leave it with a 2" suspension lift and that's it...
Unless anybody knows of a 3 inch triton lift that's available?
George Kyro

PreviousNext

Return to Suspension