FUEL COOLER

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

FUEL COOLER

Postby RHKTriton on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:31 am

Be meaning to put this up for months.

When checking out the new Fordza-Manger I noticed a finned section of pipe (cooler) on one of the fuel lines going into the Tank.

I have seen reference to cooling fuel in a few Yanky mags and wonder if anyone has considered this for the Tritons?

It would seem logical that the fuel is getting gradually heated as it circulates through all the engine bay plumbing, etc.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Re: FUEL COOLER

Postby hornet on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:09 am

I put a fuel cooler on mine , it's off a new v8 cruiser, spoke to a few people and plumbing it into the return line was what I did , I haven't noticed any difference , but after a bit of running you can put your hand on the return before the cooler and its pretty hot , and a fair bit cooler after , so it works .
I know some of the bigger gear uses return fuel to cool around injectors , and that common rails do return a lot of fuel to the tank. I don't know why I fitted it , just thought can't hurt !
hornet

Postby gauci204 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:39 am

I found one on my new excavator the other day and thought WTF? I didn't think it helps diesel for fuel to be cooled?
gauci204

Postby Tony on Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:31 am

Keeps returned fuel cooler there for much denser. 8-)

Would only make a difference on very long runs with heavy duty. lager the fuel volume, less the difference as takes a hell of a long time to heat say 120ltrs of diesel.

Some diesel tuners found gains with both fuel cooling and fitting a hi-flow electric lift pump at the tank end.
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Tritium on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:52 pm

RHKTriton wrote:Be meaning to put this up for months.

When checking out the new Fordza-Manger I noticed a finned section of pipe (cooler) on one of the fuel lines going into the Tank.

I have seen reference to cooling fuel in a few Yanky mags and wonder if anyone has considered this for the Tritons?

It would seem logical that the fuel is getting gradually heated as it circulates through all the engine bay plumbing, etc.

Not jumping ships are we? ......... RHKRanger maybe?
Such is Life.
Tritium

Postby big_bob_thefirst on Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:46 am

By fuel, do ye mean beer?
I feel sorry for people who don't drink...
When they wake up in the morning, that's the best they're going to feel all day.
big_bob_thefirst
Platinum Subscriber

Postby RHKTriton on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:42 am

big_bob...I can see you've got the priorities right!

I've actually been thinking (do it sometimes) about having an insulated compartment behind the back seat, where the arm rest folds down and having this supplied with cold air from aircon.

Simply drop the arm rest to access.

and Tritium, never be seen dead in a Frord product! Only manufacturer in the world that had its product kill owners and never did anything about it. Story goes there were a few cars (autos in USA, as they can't count and select gears by themselves) that would hop into gear without warning and run over the owners while they were either opening/closing the garage or unloading from the boot.

ALSO...out of all the competition, Mitsi is still the only one with Super Select versatility.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Fuel Systems