Long range fuel tanks

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Re: Long range fuel tanks

Postby gibberplain1 on Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:07 pm

Does anyone have one of the plastic OEM style long range tanks from ARB?
gibberplain1

Postby MitchMN on Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:40 am

They are yet to be realeased, and i have been told towards the end of the year no exact date yet.
MitchMN

Postby Sav on Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:41 pm

Anyone heard anymore about the ARB ones?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Sav

Postby als1200 on Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:04 am

Im sure they are available now.
120L capacity (i was hoping it was going to be more).
i plan to get one too.
als1200

Postby Sav on Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:58 pm

Just booked in to have a brown and Davis installed

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Sav

Postby aybe on Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:28 pm

Ive had the ARB plastic tank for a couple of months now in my MN.For those interested it takes around 96ltrs when the light comes on.Today I checked how far i'll get till I run out completely.It then took approx.110 ltrs to fill.Now I don't drive for economy and mines an auto with a tune but I was hoping for a bit more use out of a tank.I don't really fancy driving around by the odometer with the light on.
If I had my time over I think i'd go the Brown Davis and sacrifice a bit more ground clearance.
Ash
Ps.they were aound the same price installed.
aybe

Postby als1200 on Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:16 pm

Just fitted the davis brown unit.
Not bad to fit with the use of mate hoist.
you guys that fit them on the ground are way better than me.
so far 375k - clermont to gracemere and no needle movement. Love it.
als1200

Postby shortSteve on Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:30 pm

aybe wrote:Ive had the ARB plastic tank for a couple of months now in my MN.For those interested it takes around 96ltrs when the light comes on.Today I checked how far i'll get till I run out completely.It then took approx.110 ltrs to fill.Now I don't drive for economy and mines an auto with a tune but I was hoping for a bit more use out of a tank.I don't really fancy driving around by the odometer with the light on.
If I had my time over I think i'd go the Brown Davis and sacrifice a bit more ground clearance.
Ash
Ps.they were aound the same price installed.

I had the LRA tank in my MN, I put 115L in it quite regularly, iirc this would have only just been fuel light on or just before, I try to fill up before then lol.
If I go down the MQ route, will be getting another LRA tank.
shortSteve

Postby Terror on Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:30 am

How much was the ARB plastic tank roughly? Any advantage to plastic over steel?
Terror

Postby aybe on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:57 am

Roughly around $1300 fitted.Supposedly they are tougher than steel check out ARB's videos.They claim to have developed them because they are better not because plastic would seem to be cheaper.I had hoped they could produce a shape that held more fuel and still be up out of the way.I just don't reckon 96 ltrs when the light comes on is enough.
Ash
aybe

Postby outback jack on Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:48 am

Long time since some posted here.

I have read the 8 odd pages.

Adding 40 odd kilos in between chassis. Does this put any further stress on chassis? My flexisport Canopy had already put a few dents on the rear of the cab.

I am going to get a kit to strengthen chassis, does a long range tank help or hinder chassis strength?
outback jack

Postby Duck on Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:11 am

They are tough as anything on the market, unforttunately During the design and type of pressing it has no baffles in it so if they are not filled chock a block you had better hope you don’t suffer from motion sickness as off road or when coming to a stop just imagine the swish swish swish. They are one of ARB real failures in Design.
Get a brown tank.
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby aybe on Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:00 pm

Duck wrote:They are tough as anything on the market, unforttunately During the design and type of pressing it has no baffles in it so if they are not filled chock a block you had better hope you don’t suffer from motion sickness as off road or when coming to a stop just imagine the swish swish swish. They are one of ARB real failures in Design.
Get a brown tank.

I agree about getting the Brown Davis.But I have the ARB and don't notice any fuel sloshing around at all?
Ash
aybe

Postby Duck on Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:40 am

aybe wrote:
Duck wrote:They are tough as anything on the market, unforttunately During the design and type of pressing it has no baffles in it so if they are not filled chock a block you had better hope you don’t suffer from motion sickness as off road or when coming to a stop just imagine the swish swish swish. They are one of ARB real failures in Design.
Get a brown tank.

I agree about getting the Brown Davis.But I have the ARB and don't notice any fuel sloshing around at all?
Ash

The frontier tank ? When half full just stopping at the lights I need a travel calm. Possibly have changed design.
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby aybe on Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:14 am

Duck wrote:
aybe wrote:
Get a brown tank.

Ash

The frontier tank ? When half full just stopping at the lights I need a travel calm. Possibly have changed design.

Yes the frontier tank.
aybe

Previous

Return to Fuel Systems