Suction control valve

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Suction control valve

Postby tassietriton on Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:13 am

Hey all,
Looks like my flat spot when cold problem may be caused by a stickey suction control valve.
Other than subi-man's hot fix post on his profile, I can't find any other posts on the topic.
Does anyone know what the scv does? Has anyone had their's replaced and, if so, what problems was it causing and what year was the car?
Mine is an 07 built.
tassietriton

Re: Suction control valve

Postby Notso on Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:58 am

This is an extract from the manual.

Based on the signal input by the crank angle sensor and the fuel injection amount, the engine-ECU calculates the fuel injection pressure. Then, it actuates the suction control valve to control the fuel injection pressure.
In order to appropriately control the fuel injection pressure, the engine-ECU effects feedback control of the fuel injection pressure by using the signals provided by the rail pressure sensor located on the common rail.
Because this system can maintain a high fuel injection pressure without being affected by the engine speed, it can reduce the amount of PM (particulate matter) and NOx that are emitted at low engine speeds.

If you do a search at the Board Index the are a number of posts on this issue. Search for "Suction Control Valve"
Notso

Return to Fuel Systems