chipmydiesel chip testing log

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Re: chipmydiesel chip testing log

Postby baito on Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:15 pm

If here was a dpf wouldn't the exhaust guys be all over it? I assumed if you had a dpf you could not change your exhaust?
baito

Postby MilkmanDan on Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:38 pm

RobG85 wrote:Had a few come through work with them in too

Please take a photo of this dpf, mine is also MY10 and was not a dpf in sight when I pulled exhaust and threw the 3" on
MilkmanDan

Postby MilkmanDan on Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:41 pm

RHKTriton wrote:The way I see it, these rail pressure interceptors can only do a couple of things.
1. Measure the actual pressure.
2. Possibly measures engine revs via detecting pulsation of the high pressure pump.
3. Send a modified pressure figure to the ecu. (Basically a "smart" resistor).

The cost of components to achieve this is pretty cheap these days, even R&D recouped over a few hundred units would suggest around $300 would be fair pricing for this type of product.

For anything around the $1k plus mark I would probably want an ecu coprocessor, with it's own injector drivers.

To be frank I've seen unbiased test results from $100 eBay chips to your $1500 tunes and all are within coo-ee of each other at the end result.

Add fuel & boost and you will make power, nothing secret about it.
MilkmanDan

Postby RHKTriton on Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:51 pm

Have some overseas spec units managed to get into Aus. ?
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby GLX-RSilver on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:05 pm

Click to view larger picture
This one I just installed my Triton on Friday and one word Awesome my triton flys
151kw and 480nm
Very cheap from ebay
Its German made and is very good quality. Its so good when I took my mate for a spin he wanted one for his triton.
GLX-RSilver

Postby RobG85 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:28 pm

Your right Tritons were never fitted with them, rang Mitsubishi today, however I am correct in saying mine has one as Mitsubishi fitted it, they have it on record. They claim the reason this was done was to help with the reduction of the carbon from the exhaust, through the egr back into the manifold. Apparently the idea was put to quite a few customers for trailing. How far the truth there is with it is only to be assumed. The system that was installed replaces the typical cat with a dpf internally and runs a cat further down. Doesn't seem to restrict its balls as I've had this sucker at 170kmph with ease.
RobG85

Postby RobG85 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:32 pm

MilkmanDan wrote:
RobG85 wrote:Had a few come through work with them in too

Please take a photo of this dpf, mine is also MY10 and was not a dpf in sight when I pulled exhaust and threw the 3" on

Doesn't look any different then the cat. Just the internal material is different according to Mitsubishi.
RobG85

Postby RobG85 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:52 pm

Is that 151kw and 480nm calculated at engine?
RobG85

Postby paulyboy on Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:50 pm

Has anyone else installed the chipmydiesel? I've thrown one in to my GLX auto and had it set to 5. Some noticeable gains and also as mentioned above a decent amount of smoke under acceleration. The thing that made me take it out was that sitting on the freeway at around 80km/h, usually after take the foot off the throttle and then back on again, I'd occasionally get a nasty clunk or boot when re-applying. Certainly wasn't putting the foot down, very light pressure on the throttle. Was a little disconcerting. Going to put it back in but turn it down to 3 and see what happens.
GLX MN MY15 Auto. White with aluminium tray and ladder racks. Melbourne Sparky.
paulyboy

Postby RHKTriton on Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:06 pm

RobG85, is the dpf the type used in mining, essentially a filter or the regenerating type that occasionally burns up the carbon?

If its the regenerating type I'd be worried about having it up in the engine compartment, also how effective is the CAT if its located further downstream?
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby RobG85 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:13 pm

RHKTriton wrote:RobG85, is the dpf the type used in mining, essentially a filter or the regenerating type that occasionally burns up the carbon?

If its the regenerating type I'd be worried about having it up in the engine compartment, also how effective is the CAT if its located further downstream?

Not too far down stream. I don't know if it's similar to the one you reffering too. Sorry can't help
RobG85

Postby rnd71 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:33 pm

Has any one else fitted a (The Black One Chip) as mentioned earlier by GLX-RSilver? The stats appear to be huge, just worried about long term use, can the motor handle it? Very interested and thinking about buying one from ebay.
rnd71

Postby chrisdoherty87 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:06 pm

I just fitted mine (the black one chip). Good gains to be felt. Comes on about 200rpm earlier and basically feels like it's moved back a gear (4th now pulls like 3rd used to and 3rd now like second used to and so on). Can't say much about long term use as it's been in for 2 days.
chrisdoherty87

Postby slickncghia on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:49 am

Op here.

Fuel economy hovering between 8.6 -8.9 atm. Using 2 or 4 depending on how I feel like driving.

One thing I have noticed Is a slight surge after sitting on 100kmh for a while. Might do some testing on that with different settings and the chip off.

So far. economy is acceptable driving is much improved
slickncghia

Postby ICKIS on Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:02 pm

I am running a Drake Box II chip from Italy (bought it off ebay).... have done over 30000kms with not a drama. It has 9 maps to pick from... I run 3 or 4 with notable power gain , from 5 onwards it becomes a little smoky under heavy load... but not too bad and map 7 onwards is just too perky.

I have a full load onboard every day (500kg + above stock) consisting of 2 tool drawers stacked full, barwork, canopy, winch, duel batteries, and not so aerodynamic, rolling in 285/7516 muddies with 3 inch lift with +350kg spring pack.

Performance is very good and fuel economy is around 10 - 10.2 ltrs/100 . I am very happy with the figures given what my Triton does with ease..... and all for $150 delivered in 7 days. Very simple plug and play with OEM plugs.

If I were to do it again I would probably get a chip out of Germany (cause what do germans make thats crap - nothing except marzipan) .... they are still under $200 ... money well spent.
ONLY SUCKERS PAY THE STICKER PRICE...............
ICKIS

Postby theblueweapon on Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:11 am

We have "Chip My Diesel" boxes and I run mine on setting 5 and it goes like stink with no issues, lights, smoke, etc. Mate runs his manual GLX on setting 2 for and he has noticed the better economy. I don't care for economy but with an auto GLXR, it stalls up nice to smoke most cars off the lights to surprise most. Changes better and goes into OD way earlier and turbo lag is pretty much gone although we have installed EGR blank plates. Performance mods so far for me is EGR blank, rear muffler hotdog and CMD on setting 5 - like a different 4wd for sure.
I like my beer...especially when I am drier than a nun's nasty.
theblueweapon

Postby gfirth77 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:51 pm

Biggest question from me is how does it go at reducing the initial turbo lag from standing start?
gfirth77

Postby ken_gilchrist on Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:53 pm

How is everybodys chips going 12 months on? I was going to do the MRT "Ecuteck" tune on my 2010 but I realy struggled with the idea of spend $1750 on ..well nothing really, a computer file.

I have been doing heaps of research and have narrowed down to the ChipMyDiesel and The Black One.

Do they both increase boost as well as fuel?

I have an EGR blanking plate that I took out a while back, I got tired of it going into limp mode and I had to take the car in for a recall o I didn't want them finding it and voiding any remaining warranty. I might put it back in as well though.
ken_gilchrist

Postby smouch1975 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:34 pm

Ken if you have had a software update from mitsi, it will not limp with the blank anymore

Have a search for SPVi
Far better solution than the blank
Mark

Dirty woman, Clean truck :-)

View My Build Thread Here
smouch1975

Previous

Return to Fuel Systems