Repairing the SCV Suction control valve

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Re: Repairing the SCV Suction control valve

Postby SLIMaxPower on Fri May 17, 2019 4:25 pm

The SCV I purchased doesn't have a gasket, but I it has a metal spacer with rubber things... so now I am lost. Click to view larger picture

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
SLIMaxPower
Platinum Subscriber

Postby RHKTriton on Fri May 17, 2019 7:29 pm

Looks like you scored a bag of goodies. :lol:

Probably a kit to suit a number of vehicles.

So does the SCV at least look the same as the original?

Should have a shim, large 'o' ring and sometimes new screws.

Well.....dose of 2T and engine all sweet again. Vehicle was surging like it was being driven by a kid driving a manual for the first time. :lol:
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby SLIMaxPower on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:31 pm

New ebay SCV lasted 3 months before throwing codes... :(
SLIMaxPower
Platinum Subscriber

Postby MilkmanDan on Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:45 pm

SLIMaxPower wrote:New ebay SCV lasted 3 months before throwing codes... :(

Bought mine from these guys, I picked mine up and paid around $110 a couple years back. I see they are on special now.

https://www.dieselsystemsaustralia.com.au/suction-control-valve.html
MilkmanDan

Postby SLIMaxPower on Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:20 pm

I need the other type. I have a new spare, albeit an ebay pos.

Is there anyone else apart from Tony who spec's up SCV's.

Powered by MaxPower
SLIMaxPower
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Pinchers on Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:55 am

I've read through the thread and I'm interested in the high flow and extreme flow SCV's mentioned a couple of pages back. Does anyone have any part numbers for these? mines the smaller-bodied one. Has anyone fitted any of these items? Is it a plug and play or is there more to it like some sort of tune.
Pinchers

Postby srb on Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:33 pm

I think you can still get the up-spec ones through Chip Tuning?
I didn't bother, was cheaper to go through Bailey's Diesel and get genuine Denso.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
TO SEE HOW TO HAVE A TRIP OF A LIFE TIME v
http://www.exploroz.com/Members/281229. ... x#mptabs=2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/exploroz/

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly know how far they can go.
srb
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Tritium on Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:04 pm

borngeek wrote:
coughy wrote:the long one is the one in which is better
denso dont make the short pump type any more
i just replaced my pump from a one same as vs and they gave me a new pump with the longer scv and was told this is much better than the short one as it has a bigger coil and control the mettering alot better of the fuel..
it goes by the pump numbers and you can go up to the long scv if you have a short one fitted but cant go down to the short one if you have a long scv fitted if that makes sence..
there is absolutly no power difference in the 2 scv valves is that denso has relised that the failure rate of the shorter ones isnt good so they up specked the newer pumps with a better scv... for much better fuel control delivery and longer lasting scv...

coughy wrote:i will get a picky of the new pump number in mine and post it as the older stlye pumps are getting harder to get and the internals are the same but the scv section is different i was told by denso hence the one way scv thingy
there is a adapter which you can use but more change of a leak and denso said not very good...
like this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/271611534077 ... EBIDX%3AIT

Mostly all true.

The longer SCV last longer and works better, higher flow rate. Is more expensive too.
The adaptor kit works fine, if the o-rings, longer bolts, and new nozzle are all fitted - and should be supplied. Although that kit doesn't look complete on the ebay link.. :?

They still make the pink one.. In 3 different models. STD one, higher flow, and Extreme flow. They do not last as long as the long one does.
That style pump is not new as such, just used in the pajero rather than the triton - usually. Although variations amongst the triton's has been observed.

Replacing the pump is much easier on a 2.5 than a 3.2 (is a two day job for a 3.2 - I have blown up 3 of them ;) )

The newer engines are indeed coming standard with the longer SCV pumps, and you cannot put a shorter one on those pumps.

//Like some have said, they're a consumable. Personally wouldn't bother trying to repair, is just a brake fix for a failing component...

You want them to last longer? All you engine idlers should turn your cars off when you stop. Its NOT better for your engine.. The SCV is working 100% at idle, they are "NORMALLY OPEN" on tritons.

You drive me mental anyway. STOP IT :lol:

Just wondering on the part numbers for short and long suiting 3.2 4m41 MY09 Triton.

Would the numbers below sound correct?

DENSO 294200-0360 = Short/standard
DENSO 294200-0660 = Long

Cheers
Such is Life.
Tritium

Postby Enid_Triton on Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:15 pm

I reckon the MN needs a different fuel tank with decent baffles in it or a second lifter pump, or both.
Mine was getting (& still does get) air between the tank and primer & we cannot fix it.
We thought that it must have a fuel line air leak, but we could never find where it was.
So we replaced the SVC and every rubber hose, o-ring & clamp from the top of the fuel tank to the motor. We even replaced the fuel cap & did a pressure test on the tank which held & there were no leaks.
But just like before this overhaul the fuel lines would stay air free for days, weeks or even months, but the air bubbles would eventually always reappear for no reason. Usually after a country drive or off-road bush trip.

But we finally worked out what was causing the air in the lines between the tank and primer.
If you go up or down a very steep hill in one of these MN pigs with half a tank of fuel or less that is when it gets air in the lines.
When you go up or down a very steep incline all the fuel rushes to one end of the tank which must expose the fuel pickup to air because straight away the air is back in the fuel lines & the injectors get louder which is a dead give away that there is air in the low pressure system.
Enid_Triton

Postby RHKTriton on Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:21 pm

Sounds like a weighted flexible pickup tube in the tank may be a solution. Similar setup as used in brush cutters and chainsaws.

How steep are the roads you're driving on?

PS. Maybe there is something in situ in the tank, but broken in your tank.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby JP84 on Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:40 pm

picked up the long type for my 3.2L ML, however i’m not clear on whether going from the short to long type, requires a SQL? cheers
JP84

Previous

Return to Fuel Systems