Help! Injector plug plastic cracked

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Help! Injector plug plastic cracked

Postby JakeRomanin on Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:07 pm

Hey guys I was doing an injector in my 2.5 triton and the top of one of the old injectors plastic plug was brittle and broke. It broke straight under the plug so the plug section has cracked almost completely! Is it possible to do a quick repair on the plastic and use it for now?? Or will it be broken? I can't afford another new one
JakeRomanin

Re: Help! Injector plug plastic cracked

Postby donks1 on Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:23 pm

Pretty sure that's part of the loom. Need to replace complete section. Not cheap. Try for a second hand, but check all connectors before you hand over the cash, or you'll be in the same situation.

Steve.
donks1

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:51 pm

If it's the plug I reckon it will be replaceable. Tritons aren't the only vehicles that use that fitting or that shape of injector plugs. If you can glue the plastic together (say with some sort of epoxy adhesive?) sufficiently that it will hold together then I'd go for that. Maybe even laminate the outside of it with some small cable ties to give it strength within the epoxy.

Also maybe put up a photo so people have a better idea what you're talking about precisely? I've assumed you mean the plug on the loom and not the injector itself in the response above.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Tony on Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:01 pm

Jake, please put up a photo and one of us should be able to help you.

Loom plugs are no problem, if the injector has broken,it could be a slight nuisance depending what/where snapped.
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby jl4049 on Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:45 pm

A good sized glob of plastic steel worked around the cracked plug will work pretty good. Don't cover up the little catch though!
jl4049

Return to Fuel Systems