MN Triton Idle Drop

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

MN Triton Idle Drop

Postby BILLC on Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:05 pm

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help me out with an idle issue that im having with my MN Triton ?
Bit of a background, the Triton is a 2014 GLX R that was purchased recently from the run-out sales and the only mod so far Tonys's SPVi EGR module that i have fitted it within the first 1000 km mark.
Last few days i have noticed when i pull up at lights the idle drops bit, similar to when you turn on the AC.
As this is my first diesel can someone please help me identify what could be causing this issue.

I have used the search function and the only post i can find is relating to a EGR opening.
BILLC

Re: MN Triton Idle Drop

Postby Cowboy Dave on Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:12 pm

If it doesn't stall is it worth worrying about?
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby snowman on Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:26 pm

BILLC wrote:Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help me out with an idle issue that im having with my MN Triton ?
Bit of a background, the Triton is a 2014 GLX R that was purchased recently from the run-out sales and the only mod so far Tonys's SPVi EGR module that i have fitted it within the first 1000 km mark.
Last few days i have noticed when i pull up at lights the idle drops bit, similar to when you turn on the AC.
As this is my first diesel can someone please help me identify what could be causing this issue.

I have used the search function and the only post i can find is relating to a EGR opening.

is it almost like it 'misses' then comes back again ?
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby BILLC on Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:30 pm

snowman wrote:

Hi Snowman,
Thats correct it's not a big drop in revs kind of feels like its missing then back to normal. It seems to do it when its on idle for a min or so.
BILLC

Postby snowman on Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:56 pm

BILLC wrote:
snowman wrote:

Hi Snowman,
Thats correct it's not a big drop in revs kind of feels like its missing then back to normal. It seems to do it when its on idle for a min or so.

mine doesn't do it for that long. it is like an injector misses a pulse and it drops 50-100 RPM or so (remember it is idling) and it doesn't stall but sort of feels like it might. very irregular as well. it is not the A/C cycling either.

i have absolutely no idea what is causing it though. :? :?
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby BILLC on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:23 pm

Thanks snowman,
I didnt want to take it to my local Mitsubishi dealer as they are more likely to just put some air in my tyres and say they have fixed the issue.
I guess i will leave it for now and hope it correct its self
BILLC

Postby coughy on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:41 pm

maybe a sql is needed???
Read this First ;) ;)Then still cant find what you are after
Use this Second ;) ;)Then still no Joy Go Here
Look in this thread 8-) 8-)
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby BILLC on Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:51 pm

Hi Coughy.
What is a SQL ?
BILLC

Postby coughy on Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:14 pm

small quantity learn done buy the stealers so it gets the injectors running at there best
it is spose to be done every service from the stealers...
makes the car run better after it is done
the car will need to relearn the driving and fuel usage again

so basically tunes the injectors to there optimum
Read this First ;) ;)Then still cant find what you are after
Use this Second ;) ;)Then still no Joy Go Here
Look in this thread 8-) 8-)
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby adrianp on Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:25 pm

off the top of my head, I think there is something in the user manual about this and it is supposed to be normal, as the ECU continuously readjusts
adrianp

Postby bodia on Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:30 pm

I had this and watched the the revs at idle on the scangauge and noticed that the revs would creep up about 50 rpm and then drop back to normal and it was the drop back to normal that I was noticing. It never seemed to go below the normal idle setting it just appeared to. No idea what was causing it but it was happening for about a week and then I stopped noticing it or it went away...
bodia

Postby tommydadog on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:46 am

I did read about something a while ago talking about rev increasing when idle to "improve" emissions by keeping the catalytic warm as when its cold it isn't as efficient.
tommydadog

Return to Fuel Systems