injector codes and numbers

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

injector codes and numbers

Postby coughy on Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:15 pm

ok so as the title states i have just ought my spare set of injectors to the cleaninng agents(denso) and he has now told me that you need the correct injector for certin car type???
any one hurd of this?? so i rang mitys and they said that i need a different injector type so that it can be coded to my car??

denso agent said you need same part number as they have had a couple times had problem with cant code injector to ecu as it isnt compatable??
im looking straight at you tony for this one m8 have you had any thing like this before?? happen to you??
my part number of injector is
1465A297
but the injectors i have are
1465A257

thoughts?? pls i might have to sell these and get different ones if this is the case
can u tell me when coding the injectors does the car have to be running??
as what im thinking is to plug the new 1465A257 in sitting on top of motor before i pull out old ones and see if the recoding will work???
just as long gas motor dont have to run it should work yes???
Read this First ;) ;)Then still cant find what you are after
Use this Second ;) ;)Then still no Joy Go Here
Look in this thread 8-) 8-)
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Re: injector codes and numbers

Postby Stoneman on Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:19 am

Coding is done with a mut

I recently helped a guy out after having is injectors replaced and the codes where not entered correctly and it ran like a dog. Since re entering the number its economy have come back and is running smooth again

The coding has to do with the individual injector and its tolerances

I would assume part number would need to be the same but maybe not :?:

Here is a little info on it

http://www.autoequipment.com.au/index.p ... /blog&id=7
Stoneman

Postby Doong on Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:42 am

Car can't be running when coding injectors.
You can also code a injector before you fit it to the engine to see if it's the correct type.
There is different injectors for low power and normal power for the 4d56 and 4m41.
From memory the number you have listed are low power 297 and normal power 257, so they will not work.
They will not code.
Doong

Postby Tony on Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:42 am

:lol: :lol: I always knew you were after better mileage, fitting smaller injectors could have worked. :lol: :lol:

THe 4D56 has at least three different injectors that do not interchange AFAIK and 4M41 ML different again. As Doong said, these engines came out in different outputs. Same goes for 4M41, ML injectors not run in the Pajero with VNT.

The manufacturer does this as the injector will be designed to put out a certain CC volume at given pressure before we get into impedance etc.

If you want larger injectors, we get around this by using larger tips on the correct type of injector the your engine/ECU. Down side if this is the ECU may need to compensate for the extra volume at a given pressure.
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snakesoup on Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:10 am

so how long should a set of injectors last for klm wise??
or is it like asking how longs a piece of string
snakesoup

Postby triton_guru on Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:00 am

By using latger tips will the injector lose its atomization? Or abit of its atomization?

Or would an increase in rail pressure solve this issue? And how much power would you achieve from larger injector tips
triton_guru

Postby coughy on Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:53 pm

well the code that i put up there is the one mitys gave me from the vin number search
so it looks like i need to recode first to see if they work or not 'if no good for my car i will have to sell them as they come out of a triton and i have a challenger so hopefully i will be able to on sell them on here to a triton owner
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby coughy on Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:35 pm

well i just did some googling and the injector i have and the new one im fitting are the same oem numbers straight from denso site so looks good for me these to numbers are both 131kw and both for the challenger and triton so cheering and the denso site says same oem part number so yay i will get them cleaned and tested then i will throw them in and recode them with my tool
aswome

see here http://www.denso-am.eu/e-catalogue/
type in 1465a257 it must update to 1465a297 as they the same oe

denso.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby coughy on Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:55 pm

well i got the injectors cleaned and tested now the fitment on this long week end and lets see what happens shall we lol

denso shop said they will be fine as the earlier ones ie mine in car now only had semi ceramic coating internals so denso in there wisdom made new injectors ie the new set i have to super seed mine and make them full ceramic coated internals and make them last longer so
yer there you go my little bit of trivia for you forum geeks ....

oh yer im goning to code them first to make sure they take it in the car software hehehehe

oh yer i asked what they use as in tool and he said the Toyota tool for sql and recoding on any denso system
mmm interesting i thought so i told him mine and he like that to it is there second option if toyota tool dont work, of corse theres is much better than mine lol
coughy
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Fuel Systems