Intermittent "misfire"

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Intermittent "misfire"

Postby BB32 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:08 pm

Hi All,

I have been experiencing an intermittent miss, on my 2010 3.2l Triton, over the last 10 000 km or so. It doesn't seem to be rev specific as it happens while driving or at idle. It will only do it once and then be fine for a while again.

I have changed the fuel filters and checked all the pipes for cracks where it could suck air but found nothing.

Can anyone may shed some light on what it may be or what else I can check? I was wondering if it could be an electrical fault.

I would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.

Brendan
BB32

Re: Intermittent "misfire"

Postby RHKTriton on Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:12 am

Hello Brendan

How's it going in Brexland?

Typical list for attention includes;
Suction control valve, rail sensor plug, blocked MAP sensor hose/check plug, MAF sensor plug pin tension, dirty MAF.

Have got the EGR blocked or disabled? How many kms/miles on the clock?

Out of curiosity, do they run the VGT turbo or waste gate unit on your model?
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Re: Intermittent "misfire"

Postby BB32 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:30 pm

Hi RHKTriton,

Not sure on the Brexland, I'm a bit further south from them. Otherwise we OK!!

I have wondered about the SCV but most of the threads have indicated that the engine light comes on the dash when it is faulty, I will give the plug a spray for good measure. I will go through the other plugs mentioned as well. I had someone post on our local forum saying that he had the same problem and his crank position sensor plug was cleaned and problem solved. I cleaned mine yesterday so time will tell.

I have blocked my EGR and the DPF is removed. Going to have a look at my inlet manifold over December when I can have the vehicle down for a couple of days.

My 3.2 has a waste gate unit.

Thanks for the info.
BB32

Return to Fuel Systems