Fuel Tanks

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Fuel Tanks

Postby braydenc on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:59 pm

Hello, everyone, I wanted to ask a bit of a random question,

I am installing an ironman long range tank soon and wanted to know if it's possible to install 2 of these

One each side of the shaft is this possible or am I looking at a custom job?

I don't want the bother of carrying jerry cans everywhere and 260ltrs of fuel would give me a massive range 1857ks with my trailer minus a few for the extra 100kg.

if not I'll keep with my jerry system but I'm touring this car a lot now and fuel capacity is an issue
2013 MN dual Cab check my Instagram out heaps of 4x4 pics https://www.instagram.com/4x4campingandadventures/
braydenc

Re: Fuel Tanks

Postby snowman on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:13 pm

braydenc wrote:Hello, everyone, I wanted to ask a bit of a random question,

I am installing an ironman long range tank soon and wanted to know if it's possible to install 2 of these

One each side of the shaft is this possible or am I looking at a custom job?

I don't want the bother of carrying jerry cans everywhere and 260ltrs of fuel would give me a massive range 1857ks with my trailer minus a few for the extra 100kg.

if not I'll keep with my jerry system but I'm touring this car a lot now and fuel capacity is an issue

There is a thread on here about a bloke who modified a second OEM tank and installed it but the two major items is the shock assembly and the exhaust. highly unlikely you will get two long range tanks in there. there is another long range tank that uses the space under the tray though.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby braydenc on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:53 pm

Do you know the other brand snowman? for the one under the tray
2013 MN dual Cab check my Instagram out heaps of 4x4 pics https://www.instagram.com/4x4campingandadventures/
braydenc

Postby snowman on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:52 pm

dolium i think.

look under the 'fuel system' threads for long range tanks.

edit// looks like they don't sell them anymore as they have been removed from the website. :? :?

http://www.dolium.com.au/Retail_Catalogue/FTM95aux_item.html?ref_cat_id=Fuel_Stainless_Steel
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Sky Miner on Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:59 pm

I had a extra 75ltr tank under the tub on my MN years back' separate from the main tank with a total of a 150ltr's' got it from Opposite Lock, it used the original filler neck to fill both tanks, prob was it was slow to fill and you couldn't fit a bigger exhaust as it would hit the tank on the bend above the axle travel :roll: and the spare tyre would hang down a bit, but I was getting roughly 1500k's out of it ;) I didn't fit it (just as well) cuz the blokes who did it reckons I was a PITFA to fit.
Ever noticed if somebody is driving slower than you is an idiot,
and anyone going faster than you is also an idiot?
Sky Miner

Postby braydenc on Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:56 pm

Seems some people are doing poly tanks and gravity feeding them to the main this might suit me more but how do you tap into the main tank to let the fuel in?
braydenc

Return to Fuel Systems