Code P0203 intermittent issue

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Code P0203 intermittent issue

Postby hendo1987 on Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:38 pm

Hi guys,

Recently got the Triton serviced its a 2011 MN Manual and now its intermittently throwing code P0203, I have found that if I push the plug onto the injector and clear the code it rectifies the issue for a while and other times it comes back on straight away.

I started using a small amount of 2 stroke in my fuel just to see if it was a sticking injector or just a coincident. And for the last 1400km it hasn't come back until today, when i decided to run a tank with no 2 stroke. What are peoples thoughts coincidental, injector screwed or issue with the plug or loom.
hendo1987
Platinum Subscriber

Re: Code P0203 intermittent issue

Postby RHKTriton on Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:30 pm

May be worth pulling the plug and check for corrosion. (Was this a particular injector?)

I'd try a bit of dielectric grease and see how it goes.

The wire(s) going into the plug might have a break.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby hendo1987 on Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:17 am

Thanks mate, think I have worked it out. The little rubber seal that goes in the plug was broken in half so I presume it was causing the plug not to seat properly.
hendo1987
Platinum Subscriber

Postby taxman74 on Wed May 02, 2018 9:16 pm

I had this issue but worse, My Triton was misfiring and the error was P0203 injector 3, All this happened after replacing the SCV then installing a new fuel filter because my triton was surging. Was told it would cost $400 an injector I think he said around $3500 for the complete job(All injectors replaced etc West end Diesel @ Castle Hill.).
Anyway the error was coming before the injector so it was wiring, The mechanic just cleaned the injector plugs and removed a bit of rubber from a broken seal and the problem was fixed, Cost me $220 but I got the thing relearnt because of the new SCV I installed he also did the relearn on a few other parts.
Triton has been fine since no more engine light coming on - I don't know if this was the actual course of the original surging problem I had but the misfiring from injector 3 happened after I did the fuel filter change the engine light would come on etc.
So whoever gets this error code just check the plug seals and give them a clean, Then use some WD40 on them.

I could have done this myself if I had a scan-tool to find the code and read the above post but it needed relearning anyway which only cost $50 on its own.
Last edited by NowForThe5th on Thu May 03, 2018 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language
taxman74

Return to Fuel Systems