Seeking help/advice on manifold clean procedures

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Seeking help/advice on manifold clean procedures

Postby elan on Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:21 pm

I have found the pdf for the ml inlet manifold clean, but I was just wondering if there was any particular procedure you needed to follow to start my triton after the job is done? any info would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by NowForThe5th on Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title to better reflect content
elan

Re: after cleaning inlet manifold

Postby RHKTriton on Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:51 pm

Make sure everything is spotless on reassembly, tighten fuel lines to proper torque, prime fuel pumps and start cranking.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby elan on Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:13 pm

what is the proper torque settings for the fuel lines?
elan

Postby elan on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:09 pm

is there anyone in sa that has done the inlet manifold clean?
elan

Question For SA Members

Postby elan on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:15 pm

I was wondering if any sa members have done the inlet manifold clean themselves? I am wanting to attempt to do it, but its not something I'm to keen to by myself, seeing as there are fuel lines involved and don't want to make a mistake. TIA
elan

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:45 pm

Threads merged. On this topic, where there is already much information, even one new thread may be unnecessary, but I feel that this member's obvious lack of knowledge needs addressing.

Elan, clearly you've done some searching, having found the pdf, but have you read through those threads looking at procedures?

First thing would be to have a look through the online service manual. This can be found here. Correct torque setting are detailed therein. Do you have the correct tools to do this task?

Secondly, it bothers me a little that you are doing this yourself, without knowledge. It's not a really difficult procedure, especially if you have some instruction or experience, but dealing with high pressure fuel lines needs care. Overtightening fuel line joints can be as damaging as undertightening them. Leaks can be dangerous and the parts, once damaged, are very expensive to replace.

I see that you're calling for some help from others and commend this. If any of you Adelaide members can help, please chime in.

I'd also strongly recommend that you go into your User Control Panel and add your location. Suburb or town will help other members who may be local to you, volunteer. Without knowing where you are they may be holding back, not wanting to commit to a long journey.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Re: Seeking help/advice on manifold clean procedures

Postby elan on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:18 pm

Thanks, for this info. I did find the procedures, but l am concerned about the fuel lines and hence I am looking for some help, I may not even have the right tools to torque the fuel lines to the correct settings.
elan

Return to Fuel Systems