Exhaust on v6 ML Triton

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Exhaust on v6 ML Triton

Postby Richrob on Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:13 pm

I have just picked up a 2007 triton V6, it’s a project for the next few months so along with normal roadworthy issues to sort,,looking at helping the fuel economy.
Wanting to free the exhaust, looking online, all the aftermarket is in support of is the diesel, is any of the V6 exhaust comparable to the diesel? Do the follow the same path?
I can weld new flanges on and modify if required from main cat, the first 2 cats directly below the exhaust manifolds will be removed most likely.
Is any diesel factory exhaust any good, later model diesel exhaust ok for a naturally aspirated engine?
Take off exhaust of a MN say?
Richrob

Re: Exhaust on v6 ML Triton

Postby colin b on Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:27 pm

I talked to my local Grapnel Muffler people and they have mufflers designed specifically for Tritons of various vintages. They are almost a "straight through" but legal and he said I could get around a 10% to 20% improvement in fuel economy and power by fitting one for around $235. For that I would not bother getting dirty and skinning my knuckles doing it myself.
Try not: Do or do not, there is no "try". (Jedi Master Yoda)
colin b

Re: Exhaust on v6 ML Triton

Postby Duck on Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:58 am

The only way I find that I can improve my V6 fuel economy is to use my wife's car. Once you get used to spending a small fortune on fuel you just enjoy the ute. On the upside if you ever own a top fuel drag car you will be used to the fuel bill as pretty sure they have the same economy.
Quack
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Return to Fuel Systems