P0089 SCV replaced problem still there

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

P0089 SCV replaced problem still there

Postby geoland on Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:01 am

Hello guys, i have a triton 2006 and when the engine runs on idle the Check Engine light appears and the car cannot go over 1600 rpm (maybe safe mode??) . The fault appers on ECU is P0089--> SCV Stuck, I firstly replaced with one from ebay, no improvement at all. I headed down to mitsubishi and after diagnosing they said me to replace with the original as i did. The problem is still there. It happens only on low rpm or when the engine runs on idle, any ideas??
geoland

Re: P0089 SCV replaced problem still there

Postby Top End Wrangler on Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:56 pm

geoland wrote:Hello guys, i have a triton 2006 and when the engine runs on idle the Check Engine light appears and the car cannot go over 1600 rpm (maybe safe mode??) . The fault appers on ECU is P0089--> SCV Stuck, I firstly replaced with one from ebay, no improvement at all. I headed down to mitsubishi and after diagnosing they said me to replace with the original as i did. The problem is still there. It happens only on low rpm or when the engine runs on idle, any ideas??

Did the stealers perform a "RE-LEARN" on the SCV ?
Top End Wrangler

Postby geoland on Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:42 pm

No , Do they haveto do this?? Is there a way the fault is caused by bad fuel injectors?
geoland

Postby Intruder on Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:38 pm

FYI, copy and paste below from workshop manual (which you can download following links in the directory tab at top of page) for this code. I have not pasted the full diagnostic procedure though.

When you say replaced the SCV with "the original" do you mean you put back in the original SCV that you replaced or you replaced your e-bay purchased one with with a new Mitsubishi supplied one?

Assuming the SCV you have in the car is all good, according to the workshop manual for this code, first diagnosis is to check condition of your battery. If that is good, then Mitsi need to run through the diagnosis procedures listed in the workshop manual using a MUTT3 tool.

Good luck.

Code No. P0089: Suction Control Valve Stuck
OPERATION
•Battery power is supplied from the engine-ECU (terminal No. 131) to the suction control valve (terminal No. 1).
•The engine-ECU (terminal No. 146) turns on the power transistor to flow current to the suction control valve (terminal No. 2).
FUNCTION
•The engine-ECU monitors the signals input from the rail pressure sensor.
•The engine-ECU monitors the difference between the target fuel pressure and actual fuel pressure to check whether the suction control valve is open or fixed.
TROUBLE JUDGMENT
Check Conditions
•Battery positive voltage is 8 − 16 V
•2 seconds later after the ignition switch has been in "ON" position or the engine has started up
Judgment Criterion
•The actual rail pressure remains higher than the objective rail pressure by 10 MPa or more for a certain interval.
PROBABLE CAUSES
•Failed suction control valve
•Failed engine-ECU
Yes... I'll have another beer.
Intruder
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Fuel Systems