Replaced EGR valve still getting code P2413 - ML Triton

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Postby plantranger1162 on Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:24 pm

Hey guys,

Had a P2413 EGR fault code thrown own the weekend in my 07 ML 3.2 diesel, have removed and cleaned the EGR valve and cleared code but continued to throw the check engine light, now today replaced the EGR Valve with a brand new new one, but still continuing to throw the code. Any ideas ?

Also the manifold has never been cleaned and is slightly gummed up, but avoiding that until I have some time to get that done.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
plantranger1162

Postby plantranger1162 on Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:34 am

Hey fellas,

So an update, I recently paid a mechanic to clean the intake manifold, I cleaned the maf sensor and replaced the egr ($300 aftermarket) and gaskets as per previously mentioned but still getting the p2413 egr recirculation system fault code intermittently after clearing it.

Any ideas on what to check or replace next?, people have suggested to clean the map sensor but I am a bit reluctant to touch it as it has thrown the car into limp modes in the past.

Also purchased a Munji egr delete cable but of course that won’t work properly until the fault code is off permanently.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
plantranger1162

Re: Replaced EGR valve still getting code P2413 - ML Triton

Postby BrockO on Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:02 pm

Is the car running normal, normal power not blowing excess smoke etc ?

I have just been through the same thing but mine is running like shit, I've cleaned the valve and bolted on a new solenoid (aftermarket China), bench tested and its working, had it back to the dealer but the ECU isn't picking up the EGR therefore the shit performance and throwing the code.

I'm getting a injector relearn completed on Friday as have done the manifolds recently, see if this helps prompt the ECU to read the EGR.....if this fails I'll be buying a new OEM EGR from the dealer.

Failing that I could have an issue in the wiring harness...
BrockO

Return to Fuel Systems