how do you reset fuel average on computer

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

how do you reset fuel average on computer

Postby Goldstorm on Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:44 pm

I just increased my fuel economy from 9.2 litres to 7.7kms by cleaning the boost pressure switch pipe on the manifold as it was blocked by carbon. My fuel works out to 7.7 litres per 100 after refilling but my dash computer still only shows the old reading when it was doing 9.2L /100 even after resetting the panel. Does anyone know how to reset this so it reads correctly.
Goldstorm

Re: how do you reset fuel average on computer

Postby warnzie on Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:06 pm

man....7.7lt :shock: ...well since i first got my triton - now only with 5000kms on the clock was getting 8.5lt religiously..For some reason the last 2 tanks im avergaing 9.0lt with no changes to the car whatsover or driving :?

Anyway to answer your question, dont you just hold your "adj" button on the fuel lt screen to reset
warnzie

Postby Notso on Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:36 pm

The only way to reset the thing totally is to disconnect the battery, or pull out a fuse. I don't know which fuse it is so just disconnect the battery for a few minutes.
Notso

Postby Racer on Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:55 pm

How and when do you clean your boost pipe Goldstorm?
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Postby Goldstorm on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:01 pm

On the passenger side fire wall is a switch mounted on a bracket just below the bonnet rubber . It has three wires on it. It is connected to about a 8mm rubber tube which goes to the intake manifold . Take the rubber hose off at the manifold by releasing the spring clamp. Find an allen key or screwdriver that fits neatly inside the tube. Gently push it in an see if it stops.(blocked by carbon) If it does gently turn the allen key or screwdriver until you can feel it going in freely.I had to spray some WD40 in the tube to help loosen the carbon. It will smoke when you first start it if you use the WD40 but then it clears and the fuel economy improves and the surging stops.
Goldstorm

Postby did3.2 on Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:29 pm

Hey, how many k's had you done before you needed to clean out the tube, was there any other symptoms other than fuel economy, you mentioned surging was this happening before you cleaned it also?
:? Thanks.
Family, Friends and Four Wheel Drives!
did3.2

Return to Fuel Systems