LOOK GENUINE MITSU DIESEL FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Re: LOOK GENUINE MITSU DIESEL FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER

Postby mad992 on Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:28 pm

no more than fifteen bucks but like i said it is part of every 15000klm service from now on, skip we are just waiting on BG WITH HIS REPORT 8-) , mj wilmo why is it then mmal are only just importing this magic potion to fix our shite diesel, btw iam on my second tank of fuel now and i can say iam very happy with performance my truck has done 25000klms so ive got the 30000klm service due in a couple of months i will make sure i get another bottle of monkey magic fuel conditioner :)

ps any 1 else got any yet :?:
mad992

Postby SkIp on Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:01 pm

For those wondering, I paid $13.20 for it from Wangaratta Mitsubishi.
SkIp

Re: OK GENUINE MITSU DIESEL FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER

Postby mad992 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:46 pm

SkIp wrote:For those wondering, I paid $13.20 for it from Wangaratta Mitsubishi.

hey skip iam stoked with my truck cause its running smooth, hows your beastie goin do u feel u got more power :?: anything :?: whats your feedback 8-) BG is gunna do a product evaluation for every 1 :)
mad992

Postby SkIp on Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:37 pm

Runs smoother and is quieter, as for more power... maybe a slight increase, could just be in my head though :?

I would defiantly recommend it and will us it again!
SkIp

Postby jop on Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:54 pm

So.......the same as any other diesel conditioner!
jop

Postby GN-09 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:23 pm

I've got some on its way to do some blind testing. Shall let you know the outcome.
GN-09

Postby mad992 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:25 am

jop wrote:So.......the same as any other diesel conditioner!

i think so jop just cause its got fuel conditioner on front of bottle must say something aye :? shit fuel mate
mad992

Postby mad992 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:28 am

GN-09 wrote:I've got some on its way to do some blind testing. Shall let you know the outcome.

schhhwweett give it a chop i say :!:
mad992

Postby 4wd26 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:11 am

You were running "Mitsubishi" brand diesel conditioner weren't you JOP?
Getting Out There
Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :o
4wd26

Postby SkIp on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:05 pm

Ive tried the Nulon diesel conditioner in my car and found it to have no impact whatsoever. On the other hand the mitsubishi stuff made a noticable difference.
SkIp

Postby jop on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:11 pm

4wd26 wrote:

You were running "Mitsubishi" brand diesel conditioner weren't you JOP?

Ha ha ......biatch :)
jop

Postby Brett05 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:30 pm

Spoke with my dealer today about this fuel additive. "quote: every service, a bottle of this will be added to your fuel and the cost is incorporated into the service cost". My truck goes in for it's 75k service tomorrow, be interesting to see what difference there is with this. Have been running around with all the go fast bits removed for few days now...can't wait till it all goes back in and my truck comes back to life :lol: :lol:
If I pushed a copy of myself off a cliff, because he was swearing. Could I be charged with making an obscene clone fall ?
Link to Centre Bearing Mod viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6394
CAD & PDF files Centre Bearing Mod http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/download/file.php?id=638
Brett05

Postby fridgie on Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:07 pm

Mine has had a slight surge if late when cruising at about half throttle. Went to pick up my touch up paint today and asked about this, the parts guy seemed a little shocked I knew about it! ;)
Anyway, put it in and filled the tank. Went for a spin and gave it a bit of right boot to flush the lines through, then went back to normal driving. Engine has less clatter to it and definitely runs smoother. Haven't noticed the surge either :D but damn the snorkel sounds nice :lol:
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby borngeek on Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:37 am

Ok... Well I put a bottle in the tank yeasterday on a full tank of vortex diesel.

Simly put this stuff is Mitsubishi Japan's version of a fuel conditioning product just like the wynns product Daryn has previously tested here

As his report the back of the can puports to do similar things.. I will list this cans assertions for consistency:

*Restores mileage and acceleration performance
*Stabilises idling
*Reduces exhaust emissions & black smoke
*Improves low temperature starting
*Improves lubricity performance and corrosion protection

Now I am dubious when it comes to these 'miracles in a can'... I have seen companies push lots of secret lubes, pills etc that help with performance, economy etc come and go over many years totally debunked as a total fabrication..

So far I have only done 60 odd Km.. One longer run along SXD/M5 to Dolls and back and a bit of CDB hunting..

Initial thoughts... its smells, feel and tastes like a very light oil (like 2 stroke oil for go karts which is mineral based) with some funky smelling kind of chemical in it. For sure there will be a cetane booster of some kind and something else??.. Curiously this can list NO ingredients. As far as my dealer is concerned IT WILL NOT BE RETAILED. Never has been. You CAN ask for it specifically and your service dept MAY sell it to you.. I didnt get a price but would expect that people earlier paying betwenn $13-$15 would be about what its worth.. (I didn't pay for it)
In any case their workshop is now trialing it for DID services.. They service a LOT of tritons there. Each day would be min2 i see there if I drive past.. They do NSW govt fleet... The mechanics say they can feel the difference but like all of us here dont know if there a long time effect/benefit.

Definately a little quieter and smoother acceleration... Not going to be too excited about that at $15/tank so for me the ongoing benefits economy/performance wise is my real interest..

I havent tried the wynns so I cannot comment there. I prefer to stick with a chemical supplied by the MFG simply because my father has experienced the wrath of a dodgy product destroying a engine (petrol admittedly) in a 80 series landcruiser. kaboom bad... and very expensive lesson I wish not repeat..
Daryn has tested it. He hasn't really reported his comments back there yet but retail is looking twice the price..
Be interested to hear his 'bum in seat' comments 'in tank' as well as anything noticeable economy/performance wise ongoing ;)

Will take me a week to empty this tank before I can move onto post testing with a trip break where I will be towing a big trailer, 4wding etc. So bear with me as I gather the data. Lucky we have a few other on board to share their thoughts and experience along the way!

One quick curiosity.. I found my temp guage was lower by a small margin.. Sitting down across the line - usually has a small gap there.. I know not scientific but didnt have my bluetooth OBD connected to my phone when noticed and was nearly home and buggered.. Something for our current testers to look out for 8-)

Good on you for starting this MAD992 :D

BG :ugeek:
Last edited by borngeek on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby dismatpe on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:12 am

my thoughts, if it "reduces emissions" then this in theory should have the benefit of closing the EGR as there is no need to recycle the exhaust gas to comply with emissions....my query is how does 1 bottle last 21 tanks? (15000/700km) would it not be fully used up in the first tank? How does a liquid slow dissolve in vessel full of liquid..maybe if it floats? ...anyways i'll leave that one to the chemists...
dismatpe

Postby borngeek on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:19 am

good question dismatpe!

This fluid only runs thru the fuel system not the emission system.. This will not clean carbon buildup in the intake manifold.

This will clean injectors and lube the pistons, valves etc. This is how they purport to increase economy and emissions thru a cleanER running fuel and injecting system.

To confuse the exhaust gas polution and subsequent rerun thru the intake manifold is a mistake.
This liquid is for the fuel intake system only.

The labeling could lead to easy confusion i absolutely agree!

It wont last the 20 odd tanks just the one... It's if the effects last that 15,000Km that is the big question ;)

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mad992 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:17 am

NICE WORK BG :geek: ,

look i have no doubt about the un proven claims made by dodgy manufacturers of products to sell something and iam sure mitszu fall into this catergory but iam only goin to use this product from now on knowing it has been approved by head office in japan put simply the testing head office would have done to prove this gear works and is not bullshit would have cost a lot of coin i wanna keep my warrenty not void it :!:
mad992

Postby borngeek on Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:34 am

mad992 wrote:NICE WORK BG :geek: ,

look i have no doubt about the un proven claims made by dodgy manufacturers of products to sell something and iam sure mitszu fall into this catergory but iam only goin to use this product from now on knowing it has been approved by head office in japan put simply the testing head office would have done to prove this gear works and is not bullshit would have cost a lot of coin i wanna keep my warrenty not void it :!:

Yep my argument also - I have ZERO interest in generating more sales for Mitsubishi at all!

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mad992 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:30 pm

helps BGEEK when u get this for free aye :D
mad992

Postby 4x4freak on Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:38 pm

Hi guys

What Diesel do you guys use there? Here in Sa We get 50ppm Diesel. do you get the same ? I want one of these bottels. going to my delaer now now. :twisted:
4x4freak

Postby Joe on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:05 pm

Hey BG, the link in your post above to Daryn's Wynns thread actually goes to a privacy glass thread :?
Dad
----
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Joe

Postby borngeek on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:11 pm

Dad wrote:Hey BG, the link in your post above to Daryn's Wynns thread actually goes to a privacy glass thread :?

nice pickup Joe! Thanks mate :D
(at least someones listening) :P

//FIXED link.. :mrgreen:

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby hendo on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:20 pm

hey fellas i got a mn glx with 500k on the clock should i put some in now or wait till the 1500 service
hendo

Postby borngeek on Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:33 pm

hendo wrote:hey fellas i got a mn glx with 500k on the clock should i put some in now or wait till the 1500 service

hendo dont bother yet its a very new triton there! Doubt theres a mark in the engine yet ;)

This stuff should be tried, possibly (early days), when performance/economy etc starts to degrade ;)

Yes it gives a boost to your current tank... I can feel it today.. Quieter, smoother and a tad more power.. still wouldn't spend $15 per tank for the difference its very marginal.

//welcome to the site :D

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby hendo on Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:20 pm

borngeek wrote:
hendo wrote:hey fellas i got a mn glx with 500k on the clock should i put some in now or wait till the 1500 service

hendo dont bother yet its a very new triton there! Doubt theres a mark in the engine yet ;)

This stuff should be tried, possibly (early days), when performance/economy etc starts to degrade ;)

Yes it gives a boost to your current tank... I can feel it today.. Quieter, smoother and a tad more power.. still wouldn't spend $15 per tank for the difference its very marginal.

//welcome to the site :D

thanx mate
hendo

PreviousNext

Return to Fuel Systems