LOOK GENUINE MITSU DIESEL FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Re: LOOK GENUINE MITSU DIESEL FUEL SYSTEM CLEANER

Postby KOSH on Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:49 pm

Hey everyone I got three bottles today and the spare parts bloke was shocked i new about it too but i payed $31 for three bottles put one in tonight as i left work and havn't felt much of a change yet but only live 3kms from my workshop
KOSH

Postby mad992 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:19 pm

kosh
just give it time to work thru the system mate
scored there 3 for 31 bucks ;)
mad992

Postby KOSH on Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:32 pm

mad992 wrote:kosh
just give it time to work thru the system mate
scored there 3 for 31 bucks ;)

Yeah will do mad992 a mate just called in tonight we chucked a bottle in his tank so we will see how he goes too if anyone is having trouble gettin some i dont mind getting a few bottles and they will be trade price even thought they are pretty cheap anyway!!
KOSH

Postby mad992 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:10 pm

Guys
any 1 want to update on this product , :?: BG :ugeek: how u goin how long and how many klms have u done with system cleaner in tank we all want a 3 page written report good or bad :lol: ,iam happy with the way mines running i think this helps alot with maintaining the fuel system and one of the few products to actually work the way they should , unlike many major brands out there anyways look forward to a few more people commenting , give it time 8-)
mad992

Postby borngeek on Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:32 pm

Righto well I have done some serious K's since running a bottle thru my tank. over 2000km but most of it towing and hooning in the mud so no fuel figures yet...

The tank with it in improved economy by the tune of 2l/100km. But at $10-$15 per tank you wouldn't be jumping on that saving.
However, engine run wise its much smoother idle, much quieter and low down response is better ongoing.
This is bum in seat feeling but I am pretty intune with how my one runs.

The low rev shudder i used to have with the chipIT on F1T3 is now pretty much gone. :shock: I did give her a real flogging on these last 2000km and it will be interesting how it goes now because just to stuff up my readings even more I have moved to a larger diameter and wider A/T tyre so my fuel readings are not going to be much use to everyone unless I put the H/T's back on and I dont see that happening :mrgreen:

My view is that its worth the $15 to chuck it in. Theres a improvement to the engine no doubt about it. Whether it lasts or not who knows yet but after a crap load of tanks since (i was doing ave 16-17l/100 with the 1500KG trailer on flogging it hard up hills sitting on 100-110 wherever possible) this is down 1L/100 on my last trip up to mums with same trailer and the H/T tyres on.. If anything my economy would be the same but the engine is definately smoother and that low rev shudder is very very slight when as before it was pronounced.

I know no where near scientific or accurate in any perfect way. :oops: just my opinion.

I am curious on other opinions so KOCH pls share mate ;)
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mad992 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:13 am

so thats a positive from BG :D
mad992

Postby borngeek on Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:43 am

mad992 wrote:so thats a positive from BG :D

definately gets my thumbs up.. :D

4/5 stars from the geek :lol:

curiously the random codes (inc the odd engine light with a CAN bus error :? ) have stopped too forgot to mention that...
had about 5 in memory doesn't always pull a light but they were there and had dealer scratching their heads :roll: memory is empty now :D

its definately unstuck whatever was up. I hope it lasts 8-)

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Brett05 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:10 am

I've been running Castrol T2 in every tank full for quite a few months now. Had my truck booked in for 75k service last week, so I didn't bother putting in the T2 prior to the service. That week I could notice a big difference in engine noise and it wasn't as smooth as it was. Dealer put a bottle of fuel treatment in at the service. There is a difference in the sound and performance with this additive. It's not huge, but it's noticeable. Have run this week with the T2 back in there and there doesn't appear to be any change in the sound/performance from the fuel additive. I paid $13 for an extra bottle to put in when I feel the need/desire to do so. I know these are totally unrelated products, but to the seat of your pants feel.... there's no difference as far as I'm concerned. I'll continue to add the T2 and BP Ultimate (where possible) for as long as I have the truck.

my 2c worth
If I pushed a copy of myself off a cliff, because he was swearing. Could I be charged with making an obscene clone fall ?
Link to Centre Bearing Mod viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6394
CAD & PDF files Centre Bearing Mod http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/download/file.php?id=638
Brett05

Postby borngeek on Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:32 am

Thanks for the feedback Brett :D

I wouldn't run it unless you were having probs.. mine was losing economy and running like crap so the improvement for me was bigger possibly?

Sounds like you keep the good stuff in it (the ultimate is great stuff we only can get vortex down here :( )
and have smooth running engine anyway. Great review cheers 8-)

anyone else like to give their thoughs??

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby KOSH on Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:00 pm

I think its helped with cold engine starts and has less engine noise as far as fuel econ ill have to check it in a couple of weeks when i head off for the weekend...
KOSH

Postby mad992 on Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:09 pm

iam still happy with my truck ;) iam happy ive tried this product it has made a difference for sure :D
mad992

Postby Steane on Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:07 pm

Brett05 wrote:I've been running Castrol T2 in every tank full for quite a few months now. Had my truck booked in for 75k service last week, so I didn't bother putting in the T2 prior to the service. That week I could notice a big difference in engine noise and it wasn't as smooth as it was. Dealer put a bottle of fuel treatment in at the service. There is a difference in the sound and performance with this additive. It's not huge, but it's noticeable. Have run this week with the T2 back in there and there doesn't appear to be any change in the sound/performance from the fuel additive. I paid $13 for an extra bottle to put in when I feel the need/desire to do so. I know these are totally unrelated products, but to the seat of your pants feel.... there's no difference as far as I'm concerned. I'll continue to add the T2 and BP Ultimate (where possible) for as long as I have the truck.

my 2c worth

As I was reading this thread I was thinking the results sound suspiciously like what I think is achieved by adding 2T at each fill. If I don't add it when I fill up, it only takes a quarter of a tank before the diesel rattle is back, and it 'feels' like it doesn't run quite as well.

Snake oil...I know. But I'm a believer.

Be funny if the Mits additive was just a bit of 2T...
Steane
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mad992 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:15 pm

steane,
the mits additive is the go i think ;) if they put their name on it :mrgreen:
mad992

Postby IML07 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:11 am

At Rosebury Mitsu, itwas about $14per bottle
Regards,

James (IML07)
IML07

Postby mad992 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:47 pm

i dont know whats in it but this snake oil works, yeah hope its not just 2t with oven cleaner mixed in :oops:
mad992

Postby mad992 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:09 am

does any body know if when we book our trucks in for a service the apprentice is doing his job and tipping in a bottle of this gear :o or is he claiming it for himself cause ive just had my 30000klm service done and theres no way of checking is there, like with everything else in this world you have to trust people are doing the right thing :shock: and not ripping you off :?
mad992

Postby RHKTriton on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:47 am

I've been struggling to get below 11km/100 the last few months and just added the Nulon diesel cleaner and now back to mid 9s. Also find that the engine is "happier" with the 2Stroke oil.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby rutters on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:46 pm

I live in Broome and we do not get any good diesel here. No vortex, no ultimate, no shell equivalent. I have an auto GLX R and as soon as I go over 90, fule economy goes straight to 11l/100km, and that is running with no load, standard factory fit.

Should i look a fuel additive every fill up?
rutters

Postby Newton1! on Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:45 pm

I have been to 3 Mitsu dealers. Not only do they not stock it, they didn't even know it existed!

I am in NSW happy to pay freight.

Any ideas, really need some snake oil.
"I get knocked down but I get up again" Usually!
Newton1!

Postby borngeek on Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:23 am

Newton.. make them get it in for you ;) - where r u based??

rutters; not every tank just put this in every 15K tops. You can try a bit of 2 stroke (mineral not synthetic oil) with each tank. There are reports of overall improvements. <2T info>

mad992; if you dont trust the dealer ask them to supply the bottle and you do for yourself ;)

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Newton1! on Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:51 pm

Thanks Borngeek.

Each of the three said it doesnt exist!

Based in NSW - travelled from Mid north Coast - sydney, Stopped at one in Hunter valley and 2 in sydney
Newton1!

Postby borngeek on Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:42 am

Newton1! wrote:Thanks Borngeek.

Each of the three said it doesnt exist!

Based in NSW - travelled from Mid north Coast - sydney, Stopped at one in Hunter valley and 2 in sydney

Friggen bum dealers :roll:

I grab you a bottle in my travels and PM you soon ;)

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Newton1! on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:45 pm

Wow Thanks Born Geek that would be great.

Maybe grab me a few if you can

PM me your details and i can EFT some $$$$$$ in advance
Newton1!

Postby dazza_241 on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:59 pm

has anyone in newcastle tried this stuff?
dazza_241

Postby junior-gc on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:27 pm

I went into Armidale dealership to get some and they did not have it in stock. Service manager was there and they said the Hyaundi file system cleaner was the same stuff and was about the same price. I have not tried it yet but have a run to coffees just before Easter so will do it then.
Junior

GL-R MN 2010

[Previous - 1991Triton Single Cab, 1995 Triton Luxury Dual Cab, 1999 Challenger PA, 2009 Outlander]
junior-gc

PreviousNext

Return to Fuel Systems