Suction Control Valve (see symptoms video p8)

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Re: Suction Control Valve

Postby bigcol on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:28 am

BigGibbo while I enjoyed your run down on countries I have to point out a couple of things.

Thailand. As well as checking out the under carriage you should make sure their are no extra nuts and bolts

USA. The newer models from the south over there usually have some sort of import restrictions and because of this will operate for years without too much stress. These units also have built in law avoidance software

I've found my head light and SCV problem decreases when I put more of my gear in the rear.
bigcol

Postby Homer on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:54 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: I always wanted one with a dickie seat :P it's hard to find a model that provides good access to the trunk...yours could be one of those classics that you keep until it falls apart ;)
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby trouble on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:14 am

Looks like I may have solved the problem with my vehicles stalling and generally bad motoring.

I cleaned all sensors and plugs with the maf cleaner, then looked at the chip cables and moved to the rail, I noticed that when I touched it, it moved ever so slightly so I gave it a push. Turns out that if wasn't on properly!!!!!
F@&k so simple, went for a decent drive and no codes no limp mode it was back to how I new her pulling so hard ;)

Thanks for everyone's help on this!
I Love The Mods!
Ban everyone!
trouble

Postby jamesjfa on Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:52 pm

Although I dont own a Triton... I do have a 2010 Challenger. Does anyone know if the SCV in this is the same as the Triton's (2.5)?

Mitsubishi quoted me $425 for the SCV and $150 to fit it. I tried a 3rd party garage and they said only Mitsubishi supplied this part and no 3rd ones are available.

Would this be correct?

The issue I have with the car is that when cruising along can be at low speed or 110, the engine appears to be surging. Had the 180K service completed recently and they also did an intake clean but has made no difference. It was them that mentioned the SCV. After some researching I have ended up here.

Thanks for any advice you can pass my way.

Cheers,
Jimmy
jamesjfa

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:27 pm

You can buy the SCV online. Plenty on eBay. It's made by denso. You can also fit it yourself but best practice is to hook it up to a mut3 afterwards, which is a dealer thing. I don't remember why the mut3 now but it will be some sort of calibration thing. Sorry my brain is mush tonight.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby har05l on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:13 pm

Might be a long shot but you could also try changing the fuel filter 1st, around $80 or so. It has been known to help ;)
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby jamesjfa on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:00 pm

Thank you for your replies. Would you happen to know the correct part number for the SCV (Challenger)?

Also, during the service the fuel filter was changed. It drives ok when you put your foot down, it's just when its cruising at low revs. Annoying & worrying at the same time.

Cheers,
Jimmy
jamesjfa

Postby Amaroo on Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:11 pm

I had my SCV replaced last week under warranty and the paper work noted that there was a calibration process involved using MUT3 for the new SCV.

Didn't fix the surging issue either.

Have had 2 filter replacements under warranty prior to the SCV being replaced, no difference made.

Fuel sample was checked last week and came up fine.

Currently have to run 6 bottles of Mitsubishi diesel conditioner through it to see if that helps, 2 bottles to go and no improvement yet unfortunately.

Just ticked over 15,000km and the surging started immediately after picking It up from he 12 month service done at 11,500km.

I wasn't real happy to hear from the service centre that the surging is often never resolved.
Amaroo

Cold start Troubleshooting

Postby littlebambinos2 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:49 am

Hi everyone its deb here. I got my other half to take a short video to demonstrate the problem we have every morning with our vehicle, We have taken it to our local dealer, but it does not seem to do what happens here at home for some reason. Dean also wants to add that he didn't know the air-con was on, so you will hear it click off and back on from 2.02m to 2.06m. The real problem starts at 2.44m to 2.54m and you can not only hear it but you can also see the engine jerking and shuttering. We have tried searching the forum for a while but cant seem to find anything. It didn't happen on this start up, but sometimes there is a cloud of grey to white smoke coming out the exhaust. Any help would be greatly appreciated because its got us baffled.

Many Thanks Deb.

http://youtu.be/P5XbjVlBb18
littlebambinos2

Re: Cold start Troubleshooting

Postby Lee-thal on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:08 am

That sounds/looks interesting,

Send me an email if you like and we can see if we can get the car in for a cold start,

I have a couple of ideas but would need to be plugged into the car and grab some data from it to determine exactly what it is. should be easy to replicate looking at the way it happens.

lmccarthy@eagersmitsubishi.com.au
Lee-thal

Postby littlebambinos2 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:13 pm

Thanks so much for all the replys everyone" We have just booked the car in with Lee at Eagers Mitsubishi, and he has also arranged for us to have a courtesy vehicle while ours is being looked at. How is that for Great service. Our 1st 15000km service is almost due so we arranged for eagers to do that as well.

Many Thanks Deb
littlebambinos2

temp1

Postby mad992 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:42 am

Any outcome for these lovely people. Hopefully Lee and his Techs have nailed it.
mad992

Postby littlebambinos2 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:15 pm

We have got the vehicle booked in for Wed next week mad992. Lee made it for that date because he wanted for us to have a courtesy car and that was the next available one. He has a couple of ideas, But he needs to have the car overnight to replicate the problem.

Deb
littlebambinos2

Postby littlebambinos2 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:52 pm

Hey everyone. We dropped our vehicle off at eagers on Weds and were given a courtesy car. Well as always the car didn't play up like it did in the movie clip until this morning, So its a good thing lee put us down to have the car for 2 days. It turns out to be a (Suction control valve) They didn't have one in stock and are having one arrive from Sydney Mon next week. We will be dropping our car back in Friday next week and will be given another courtesy car while its in getting the part replaced. Im so glad we got in touch with Lee at Eagers Newstead, and can rest easy that the problem is being dealt with. That's again for great service and putting in the extra effort in looking after us guys and look forward to next week. The moral of the story is to look into the Suction control valve if your engine has the same symptoms as ours shows in the video that we posted up.

Dean
littlebambinos2

Re: Suction Control Valve (see video p7)

Postby jrs184 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:53 pm

where is the video on page 7 re SCV, I am trying to locate it all over this site w/o success, also turning the scv 90 Degrees after cleaning it and then reinstalling it, how is that possible with the 2 holding bolts, is there a sleeve or something inside you turn 90 degrees, and how do you avoid touching the scv while installing it, is this just a joke or am I missing something, being a newby here...thanks John
jrs184

Re: Suction Control Valve (see video p7)

Postby NowForThe5th on Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:10 pm

jrs184, the video is 6 posts up, posted by littlebambinos2.

Sorry, page count must have clicked over when I merged the threads. Have corrected now.
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Re: Suction Control Valve (see symptoms video p8)

Postby jrs184 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:17 pm

thanks Chris got it now..regards John
jrs184

Postby bundybear75 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Can anyone confirm this is the right part number for my 08 VR ML?

MITSUBISHI TRITON 3.2 DIESEL SUCTION CONTROL VALVE DENSO 294200-0360

http://splashurl.com/msbrj5q
bundybear75

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:35 am

This is the one I got - cost less than the linked one but came from OS so there's an additional risk/wait to factor in I guess
Click to view larger picture

Cowboy Dave

Postby snowman on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:41 am

that's for MN CD - are they the same. :? :?
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:51 am

Yes they are supposed to be. If you look at the advertisement he linked to (now linked below) the part there claims to fit both.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MITSUBISHI-TRITON-3-2-DIESEL-SUCTION-CONTROL-VALVE-DENSO-294200-0360-/181337598946?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a38902be2

The problem is there seem to be about a dozen different part numbers that are all essentially the same thing so you run into uncertainty about which is which etc. I gather Denso makes them and SCVs for several other models of vehicle (not just mitsubishi) are compatible which may be where all the different part numbers come from.

Cowboy Dave

Postby Greytriton on Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:34 am

So, who has tried one of the modified "high spec" SCV valves? The ones that you can use with sub standard fuel? Modified standard SCV valve which cost $100 more than a rock one?

I've carried out this mod on a 130000km SCV valve and it's now as good as new and been running for the last 20000km in my ML.

If anyone is interested I may post a thread for the repair of a stuffed SCV valve so you don't have to waste your money on constantly getting new ones.

I got the craps with the SCV valves and now have the solution for $0
Greytriton

Postby hvac guy on Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:38 am

Post it here mate
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mattz on Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:44 am

Definitely post it somewhere.
If not here, a how to thread would be great.
I'd just be interested in how you get inside one......with out wrecking it. :lol:
Maybe that's just me. :roll:
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby kwyjibo on Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:36 pm

Just recently mine actually does a similar thing on cold starts... maybe i should get a video too... mine has so bad it feels like its gonna stall sometimes :oops:
kwyjibo

PreviousNext

Return to Fuel Systems