Carbon Build Up, EGR Blank, Catch Can Information

Petrol, gas, fuel tanks etc

Re: Carbon Build Up, EGR Blank, Catch Can Information

Postby braydenc on Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:47 pm

Cant praise tonys mod enough runs much better EGR temps are down runs smoother I do think it has more of a turbo whistle as well.
2013 MN dual Cab check my Instagram out heaps of 4x4 pics https://www.instagram.com/4x4campingandadventures/
braydenc

Postby NowForThe5th on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:37 pm

Masters12 wrote:I have one question i spoke to the ppl that work on my car and he was saying that they can turn or the egr so i dont have to use the backing plate anyone done this?

As far as I know the only ones who can do this are ECUTek dealers and generally they will only do it if specifically asked. Some ECUTek tunes have been found to have not disabled the EGR or only partially - I gather so that the vehicle is still technically "legal".
Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:38 pm

It's also technically possible if you pull the rom off the ecu, modify it and put it back. You'd want to be confident they've done tritons before though as it is not a simple exercise.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby jrs184 on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:10 am

why is there no current info on MQ egr mod, I searched and searched and nothing comes up, the most recent post here is 2016 ??I want to buy eventually a new ute but am holding off until i can get the mod, do I just pm Tony like i did years ago for my ML..but I'm not going to annoy him when he obviously is tied up. The search for MQ dpf shows nothing as well??
jrs184

Postby tmichel on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:23 am

Have an SPV egr block for an MN triton for sale , sold car , in Brisbane , make me an offer .
tmichel

Postby jrs184 on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:21 am

tmichel wrote:Have an SPV egr block for an MN triton for sale , sold car , in Brisbane , make me an offer .

Thanks for offer, Problem with that is it is MN specific and MQ is very different control system.
jrs184

Postby tmichel on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:26 pm

jrs184 wrote:
tmichel wrote:Have an SPV egr block for an MN triton for sale , sold car , in Brisbane , make me an offer .

Thanks for offer, Problem with that is it is MN specific and MQ is very different control system.

Sorry just meant I had one for sale , I bought an MQ and have fitted an MUNJI egr block on it , seems to work fine
https://munji.com.au/collections/module ... 8244028673
tmichel

Previous

Return to Fuel Systems