Carbon build - up its everyone’s problem.

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Re: Carbon build - up its everyone’s problem.

Postby WUNSIE on Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:14 pm

Any engine regardless of being petrol or diesel will die a premature death and suffer a lot more issues if never allowed to get up to temperature, diesels more so, Diesels are meant to be worked, not pussy footed

Google ( Alloytec oil sludge ) images and check out what owners of these Commodore engines are suffering due to poor maintenance, constant short cold running trips to shops, drop the kids off at school, big dollar repair jobs, pretty scary actually when you see how many are on the road and for sale :o
WUNSIE

Postby colin b on Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:04 pm

Just an update - I have bought and installed the Munji EGR Defeat module and, as for Tony's device, it took me only minutes to install it (if plugging it in counts as "installing") Cost was $129 including shipping ordered online and it was here within 3 working days.
Try not: Do or do not, there is no "try". (Jedi Master Yoda)
colin b

Postby Lin1952 on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:43 am

My 2006 ML 3.2 has just ticked over 230.000K's. The manifold has never been cleaned, but motor still runs and pulls okay. Am going to have the manifold cleaned or replaced as a precaution.

Can anyone recommend a mechanic or workshop in Southern Tasmania to undertake this work ?
Lin1952

Previous

Return to Warranty/Recalls