SRS Light

What were your warranty claims and recall information

SRS Light

Postby Howie763 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:37 pm

GDay all. I had my SRS light come on and would not go off. So I contacted the dealership. They were very easy to deal with and got the beast in within 2 days. Ordered new part ( left hand side front pre tensioner ) and fitted within 2 days as well. Very happy with the proceedings so far. Yesterday, SRS light has come back on, at this point I have been unable to contact the dealer to advise them. Has anyone else out there experienced this problem?
Howie763

SRS Light

Postby coxy47 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:46 pm

Not sure if its the cause of your problem mate but one of the most common causes for the srs light is the clock spring in the steering column.

Either way though the dealer should be able to tell the cause from the code it generates.
coxy47

Re: SRS Light

Postby Howie763 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:57 pm

Yeah, it will be interesting to see what they say it is. Especially seeing new parts were fitted to fix the problem originally. We will see. I will keep you posted.
Howie763

Postby MUD LARK on Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:43 pm

Just last August, had the same problem with the SRS light being on, the dealer wouldn't warrant the warranty due to all the added accessorries.
Finally after a month of of continuous harrassment and threating to sue the pants off them, they succumed to repair it. As it turned out it was only the driver's side sensor tensioner, was slightly bent and of course this was straightened out!!
I still had the last say, as I said to them " All the added mods / accessories had nothing to do with SRS light being on!!" I wanted to proved to them that all their claims were totally incorrect!!! Case won and closed!!
Buy some timbers at Bunnings, built a bridge then get over it!!!
MUD LARK

Postby vman0008 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:03 pm

MUD LARK wrote:Just last August, had the same problem with the SRS light being on, the dealer wouldn't warrant the warranty due to all the added accessorries.
Finally after a month of of continuous harrassment and threating to sue the pants off them, they succumed to repair it. As it turned out it was only the driver's side sensor tensioner, was slightly bent and of course this was straightened out!!
I still had the last say, as I said to them " All the added mods / accessories had nothing to do with SRS light being on!!" I wanted to proved to them that all their claims were totally incorrect!!! Case won and closed!!
On 23/12/2009 I purchased a new 2009 Mitsubishi Triton MN GLX-R, from the Colin Watson dealership in Traralgon 3844, Victoria.
I have had nothing but disappointment with the car as it has had an ongoing problem with the SRS air-bag system. I have had to take my car in 5 times. The worst periods were when I went without a car, on dates, 28/07/10, 19/05/10 and 01/04/11.

The first time this problem occurred was on the 28/07/10 and I didn’t have my car for 2 days. The 5th time 08/04/11 was even longer, due to the part needing to come from Japan but they had just been devastated by the tsunami, making the part unavailable and my car off the road for three months.
Some of the times I was given a courtesy car.

Each time this problem occurred, I was promised it that it was fixed and wouldn't occur again.
I'm now writing a complaint letter to Mitsubishi!
vman0008

Postby Homer on Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:17 am

Jeez mate, that's bloody tough :cry:

I've never heard this level of issue before with the airbag light :shock:

Usually just change the clock spring and away you go....sorry to hear this :(
I hate to advocate drugs, sex, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.

Everything you want to find or know about the Triton - click here
Easy how to search on this site - click here
Homer
Valued Contributor

Postby Banjora on Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:17 am

This happened to me in January and then again on Friday. Can't remember how they fixed it first time. On Friday I just happened to be near the dealer so I took it in. They fixed within 10min. Said it was a loose connection.
Banjora

Postby QueenslandeR on Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:33 am

i had my airbag light fixed last service, was something in the side airbag by memory. the light turned on again the other week.. will just let it go till i get it serviced again.
QueenslandeR

Postby Howie763 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:20 pm

Will know more tomorrow afternoon. Have it booked in at the dealers. Will let you all know tomorrow night. Must say the dealer has been really good with working in and making suitable times.
Howie763

Postby Howie763 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:43 pm

Righto, picked the ute up this arvo. Dealer is saying it registered the same fault as last time ( left hand side front pretensioner ). This was replaced first time round. There are no loose / broken wires and pre tensioner is fine. I am told it is more than likely the SRS module is faulty and one is on order from Japan. Asked them about the clock spring and was told no, they used to have problems with them but not any more. So will wait 2 weeks, get the new module fitted and go from there... :)
Howie763

Postby vman0008 on Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:27 pm

I went on the Department of Infrastructure and Transport and lodged a inquiry into this problem. They have rang Mitsubishi National Service Manager and they should call me to organise a time to drop it in.

Also Sent Mitsubishi Manager of customer relations a letter out lining that im sick off dealing with this problem and I am seeking restitution. Im waiting to here from Mitsubishi!
vman0008

Postby Howie763 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:39 pm

Dealership rang me yesterday, the new SRS module is in. I will get it fitted in a week or so time. Also told the service manager, the light has not come back on since it came back out the second time. ( Hope I haven't put the mocker on myself ). Hopefully they are right, it is a dicky connection in the module..
Howie763

Postby vman0008 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:46 pm

Hi all, I didn't receive a call from Mitsubishi and the light is still on(12/12/2011)!

*GREAT NEWS* In the first week of January 2012, I Organised a Lawyer to contact Mitsubishi in regards to all my SRS air-bag problems and three days later they agreed to replace my vehicle with a brand new one! I can't believe it. 2012 GLX-R in new charcoal Pearl. Upgraded from auto to manual, and gained luxury pack + diff lock as a swap for manual. So With Dealing with Mitsubishi for two years I had a win. Just have to wait until mid april to pick it up!

Good luck to everyone else dealing with this problem.
vman0008

Postby fridgie on Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:30 pm

8-)

Excellent outcome
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby RHKTriton on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:18 pm

gee Vman, the horror stories continue - doesn't seem to have changed from Wights days!

Thats the place they wanted me to contribute $700 to have an auto swapped for a manual so they could sell me a Triton....go figure!

Ended up getting mine from Wonthaggi - bought out of showroom, always been stored under cover.
Don't let the b'strds get you down!!
RHKTriton
Platinum Subscriber

Postby boatpc on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:16 pm

vman0008 wrote:Hi all, I didn't receive a call from Mitsubishi and the light is still on(12/12/2011)!

*GREAT NEWS* In the first week of January 2012, I Organised a Lawyer to contact Mitsubishi in regards to all my SRS air-bag problems and three days later they agreed to replace my vehicle with a brand new one! I can't believe it. 2012 GLX-R in new charcoal Pearl. Upgraded from auto to manual, and gained luxury pack + diff lock as a swap for manual. So With Dealing with Mitsubishi for two years I had a win. Just have to wait until mid april to pick it up!

Good luck to everyone else dealing with this problem.

Nice 8-)
Out of interest do you get to take anything you've bolted on off the old triton and how many k's did you clock up
boatpc

Postby kevin on Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:06 am

I might need that lawyer - mine's been in 4 times so far!
MY'10 MN GLX-R auto
MY'03 Forester XS
https://www.offroadsubarus.com/
kevin

Postby Stig on Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:23 pm

SRS light came on in my ML Triton today and won't go off.

At least it matches the one in Mrs Stig's PB Challenger that won't go off either!!
'08 GLX Double Cab V6 4X2 Manual
"If you can remain calm during a crisis, you probably don't completely understand the situation"
Stig

Postby vman0008 on Thu May 03, 2012 6:34 pm

Stig wrote:SRS light came on in my ML Triton today and won't go off.

At least it matches the one in Mrs Stig's PB Challenger that won't go off either!!
My new replacement Mitsubishi Triton MN 2012 hasn't arrived yet, They are replacing New ARB canopy, New ARB Rear tow bar Step, new safari snorkel. Also tinted windows, weather shields and driving lights. Im taking off my roof racks, cooper stt tyres and UHF radio. I am how ever still driving my old one to be replaced, had transmission problems this week, and had my car tow by road side assist! the 2009 MN Triton has 40000kms, just ticked over today.
vman0008

Postby Big Brad on Thu May 03, 2012 6:48 pm

Geez you guys are having some troubles.

My Mn V6 just clocked over 200 000 klm and only had the airbag light on once at 120 000k . They replaced the clock spring and all sweet.

Just wondering how much longer on the original clutch I've got. Not slipping at all and still tow well over 1 ton regularly.
The next statement is True - The first statement is False
Big Brad

Postby noob4x4 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:29 am

My lights on just dropping it of at the dealer now so will see what they find
noob4x4

Postby vman0008 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:12 pm

noob4x4 wrote:My lights on just dropping it of at the dealer now so will see what they find
So My new replacement Mitsubishi Triton MN 2012 arrived 5 weeks ago, And I traded it in for a Holden VE 2012 SSV Redline UTE. So for the time being no more 4x4'ing, but still lots of camping fishing and shooting! They reimbursed all my accessories to a cash total. so hopefully one day i will have another Triton! I do miss it!
vman0008

Postby vman0008 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:14 pm

vman0008 wrote:
noob4x4 wrote:My lights on just dropping it of at the dealer now so will see what they find
So My new replacement Mitsubishi Triton MN 2012 arrived 5 weeks ago, And I traded it in for a Holden VE 2012 SSV Redline UTE. So for the time being no more 4x4'ing, but still lots of camping fishing and shooting! They reimbursed all my accessories to a cash total. so hopefully one day i will have another Triton! I do miss it!
so all i can say if you have problems and the dealership cant help further, take it to legal aid those guys helped me so much! and never give up!
vman0008

air bag light staying on

Postby jester on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:12 pm

ive tried searching the forum with no luck, positive ive seen a post before on it, but my air bag light on the dash is staying on, it has come on briefly before but turned off again, it is now staying on, has anyone got a clue what would be going on or a fix for this, or is it a send to the mechanic job?
or if there is a post on this can some one point me in the direction?
Never use force, use a bigger hammer. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
jester

Re: air bag light staying on

Postby amanda on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:16 pm

amanda
Platinum Subscriber

Next

Return to Warranty/Recalls