SRS Light

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Re: SRS Light

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:00 pm

There should be a 1300 number on a windscreen sticker. Actually I have it on my keyring - the customer assistance centre 1300 13 12 11. It may take some time to get through to where you need to be as I think that's the same number you get your roadside assistance/towing from.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby gaspode on Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:17 pm

DoubleD wrote:Where did you get your harness done Spoiltone?

He would have got his done at Clancey Motors in Bathurst.

It took them four attempts to fix mine, the last one has held good for a while now. I believe they changed some pins in the harness plug. I wouldn't recommend you go to them.The last visit for this issue, the service manager said to me "Well I guess we'll have a look at it now", leading me to believe that they were just resetting the fault code every time prior to the last fix. Needless to say MMA was informed about my concerns with this dealer... again. If I keep going on about them, I'd have to transfer my post to the rant thread.

Try this email:

customerrelations@mmal.com.au
This is the best bad idea I have
gaspode
Platinum Subscriber

Postby DoubleD on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:12 pm

Thanks I'll try all of them & see how I go!!
DoubleD

Postby spoiltone on Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:24 pm

correct was done by clancy motors in bathurst. the harness job was the simplest job i have had done. with them. no hassle it arrived when they said it would. took two days like they said and to date no squeaks in cab.

gaspode wrote:
DoubleD wrote:Where did you get your harness done Spoiltone?

He would have got his done at Clancey Motors in Bathurst.

It took them four attempts to fix mine, the last one has held good for a while now. I believe they changed some pins in the harness plug. I wouldn't recommend you go to them.The last visit for this issue, the service manager said to me "Well I guess we'll have a look at it now", leading me to believe that they were just resetting the fault code every time prior to the last fix. Needless to say MMA was informed about my concerns with this dealer... again. If I keep going on about them, I'd have to transfer my post to the rant thread.

Try this email:

customerrelations@mmal.com.au
spoiltone

Postby gaspode on Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:27 pm

Ok, so I accidently bumped the connector on the steering column while installing my egt/boost gauge. Airbag light comes on, again. Took it to my mechanic, hooked it up to his computer, reported a loose connection, steering column connection re-tensioned, fault code cleared. Am a little suprised that the slightest bump on these connections will cause faults.

On the plus side, I now know my mechanic has a computer that can talk to and clear faults my scan gauge won't.
gaspode
Platinum Subscriber

Postby brodical on Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:36 pm

Was it a g scan?
Choices we make not the chances we take determine who we are...
brodical

Postby gaspode on Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:38 pm

Not sure, I didn't ask. Was too happy that I didn't have to take it to the local dealer. I'll find out I a couple of weeks when the Triton is due for a service.
gaspode
Platinum Subscriber

Postby salt36 on Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:53 pm

gaspode wrote:Not sure, I didn't ask. Was too happy that I didn't have to take it to the local dealer. I'll find out I a couple of weeks when the Triton is due for a service.

Would be interested to know which scanner can clear the DTC's, until recently the MUT3 was the only one....
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby DoubleD on Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:26 am

SRS light has been fixed!!!!

New wiring harness finally arrived from Japan and it was
installed yesterday, so far so good!!!

After emailing Mitsubishi Customer Relations, they immediately organized a Thrifty Hire car for me to use
until the problem was sorted out.

It's good to get back into the Triton!!!
DoubleD

Previous

Return to Warranty/Recalls