MN Triton - Warranty things to look for

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Re: MN Triton - Warranty things to look for

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:03 am

You heard wrong. Under the ADRs they can be out by 10% but only in one direction - ie to show a faster speed than you are actually doing. At least last time I looked that was the deal.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby DRdB on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:11 am

Well that sucks :x
Thanks Dave.
Looks like larger tyres will be my solution
Regards Davis Ribot de Bressac
DRdB

MN Triton - Warranty things to look for

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:28 am

There is a jaycar product that corrects the error and a thread on how to install it. Much cheaper but not as fun as new tyres.

Cowboy Dave

Postby Thommo3337 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:04 pm

Well got my car back today from Mitsubishi Melton I asked if they were going to grease the suspension or put the kit in he said they would use the kit if required and look at the bluetooth. No phone call when complete! The suspension was bad something was rubbing on the shocker or from the spring he couldn't remember ( wasn't picked up on the service) they didn't pu the kit in they re adjusted and greased the shackles ( non greasable) the Bluetooth he said is delayed and I would have to bring it back when they had more staff (why did he book it in for that day?) Did I just get screwed is that the dodgy fix up that is a waste of time? Read the warranty and even with the capped servicing it is $590 surely somewhere else can do cheaper and better! Warranty is not effected nor is it extended future by using misubishi will ne taking elsewhere!!!! The roadside assistance that the salesman told me was for anywhere lied when I said if u were off road because it isnt
A Heroin Addiction Would Have Been Cheaper!!
Thommo3337

Postby Snooozy on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:53 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:There is a jaycar product that corrects the error and a thread on how to install it. Much cheaper but not as fun as new tyres.

that would be this one CD ;) Jaycar speedo fix clicky
Snooozy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Mooons on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:00 pm

Leaking power steering hose
Klunking power window
Replacement tie down bars on canopy
Leaking inlet manifold
Lack of power (may have fixed I'm still unsure)
All fixed under warranty no questions no hassles :D :D :D
When you point your finger cos your plan fell through
Theres three more fingers pointing back at you
Mooons
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:00 pm

Yes it would but I typed that on my phone and I don't want it said that I stood in the way of someone blowing 1500 odd bucks on some new rubber... and making the speedo more accurate could even pass the wife/purchase justification test.

Cowboy Dave

Postby Snooozy on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:... and making the speedo more accurate could even pass the wife/purchase justification test.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Snooozy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Thommo3337 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:50 am

I do believe that transmition can ne added as a few people have had problems downshifting from fourth to third
A Heroin Addiction Would Have Been Cheaper!!
Thommo3337

Postby Duck on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:35 pm

Well Thommo, I would agree you may have just been rogered, as with all dealers they have to answer to Mitsubushi, as Mitsubishi has more to loose than a dealer that normanlly has a few badges under there roof, obviously the first point of call is the dealer & excuse the punt but squeeky hinges get the most oil, if no luck call Mitsubishi direct & I have in the past found that things that are a reasonable request are fixed most haste. As with insurance copanies the forst 2 answers should always be no this is how we are trained, when you know the punter is not going to go away & will eventually cause you to have an ulcer the size of a Grapefruit you fix it & get them on there way. Make some noise & things will get fixed, don't forget to enjoy your new car..................
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby navdan on Thu May 03, 2012 10:34 am

Just had my chariot in for the 75k service and upon dropping off at the stealer notified them of a rattle at idle that disappeared when the clutch pedal was pressed along with a vibration through the gear lever (5M) that was becoming almost unbearable. Initial thoughts were thrust bearing but upon picking the car up that afternoon I was informed that there is a known problem with the clutch dampeners (springs on the actual clutch plate) losing their tension over time and as such, transmitting vibrations and rattles from the engine, down the driveline. A replacement clutch assembly has been ordered under warranty to address the issue.
I know of another Triton owner who has exactly the same issue but whose local dealer denies ALL knowledge of said warranty fix. :cry:
navdan

Postby dan_4818 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:58 pm

Before starting a new thread id thought id bump this one up. I have a leaking inlet manifold for the second time now. First was fixed under warranty and just diagnosed as a blown gasket. Be good to hear from anyone else who has had this problem and what was the fix for it.

Moons just wondering what they diagnosed yours with and if yours was fixed for good. Im running the egr blank and chip it on tune 10 so im not too sure if this is causing the problem or not.

Cheers Daniel.
dan_4818
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Desert Brewer on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:30 pm

Hi all, not sure if this is the right thread as it could cross a couple, anyway..............

I have about 35000km on the clock of my 2011 MN manual. A couple of months ago i took it in for its 30,000 service , noticed that it had turbo re write update and the tappets done - feels smoother sounds not as noisy -great. About 1500kms later noticed a surge when on cruise control at 120km, after a few seconds it smoothed out, no biggie, continue to notice the odd hicup for the remainder of the drive home.

Got back into town and was driving around a day or so later in 3rd gear and there is a surge/lurching that wants to develop into a bunnyhop around the 2000 rpm range - take foot of pedal - put into 2nd, sink boot in and in a cloud of black smoke were away....thats odd i thought. This happens again maybe once in the next week .......i put it down to a bad batch of fuel, as it happens a couple more time over the next week or two, wait for tank to near empty and refill - surging continues in the same rev range, sink the boot, cloud of smoke and we are away.......Ok somethings going on.

I do drive by of the local dealers and mention whats going on and he says they would need it for atleast a day to try and diagnose the problem....i cant afford the time, so i bail and decide to investigate. I wait until tank is pretty empty (125ltr long range from Outback Accesories via OL). After consulting the warranty book i ring the service dept to get the low down on injector/fuel system cleaner - he said they use Wynns.........so Wynns (no fancy smancy silver bottle MM product in the Alice) in the tank with 70 or so litres and the motors quieter and after an initial surge or two within the first hundred k's o and the problem seems sorted.....or so i thought.

The surging in the 2000 rpm range returned about 2 weeks ago - same as before.

After searching this site over the last few nights i have a better understanding of what the issue may be ( thanks to all who contribute - it is info overload - but very useful)

I either need to get the Suction Control Valve (SCV) Replaced the MAF sensor cleaned, but then read a post dated April 2009 about a Hotlinefix for MNs surging in the 1750 - 2000 range - i would have assumed that this wouldnt be the issue as i have a later model and it would have been sorted at production.....or not :?

I havent got a catch can installed - so is it the early signs of carbon build up? a sticky SCV ? the MAF sensor ?or even prehaps a fuel filter . I am reasonably practical - i perform basic maintainence, minor repairs, install 2nd attery etc..to be honest though i am not up to speed with the different sensors that do this that and the other .... it would be good to have some validation from other users on this site that this is an issue with this model and these are the known solutions that have been offered up elsewhere , the local dealership has a bit of a tight arse rep and i am of to a bit of a rough start with him after an insurance claim didnt go as smoothly as it should, im sure he is a nice guy,... but.

Any advice on how to approach the dealer to get the best outcome and any knowledge or explanation of the problem i have explained would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

DB
Desert Brewer

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:40 pm

It shouldn't really be the fuel filter as that would have been changed at the service? If there's doubt about that though I'd swap it out and see what happens. Not a huge job and not a hugely expensive item.

The MAF sensor cleaning is an easy one. Also consider cleaning the contacts on the plug for the MAF sensor (on top of your air intake) and applying some dielectric grease (or some have suggested a slight twisting of the pins for a tighter contact).

I have 60,000 worth of carbon in mine, and it's pretty gunked up, but I haven't had the sort of dramatic surging you're talking about. I have had some surging when cold at 1800 revs, but we're talking low speed, up hill, cold engine and the whole thing lurches and farts along until you boot it. Haven't had it at the sort of high speeds you're talking about.

The SCV they test by checking some voltages etc. It's not an easy changeover for you to do as they're supposed to whack the MUT3 on at the end of the job to make sure it all talks nicely. I gather you can swap it yourself and it will just run rough for a while but I'd prefer to leave that one to the professionals myself.

Cowboy Dave

Postby Desert Brewer on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:48 pm

Thanks CD, i will do the MAF - see what happens, if no joy,i will then go the fuel filter and if it cant wait for the next service, i will take it down to the dealers and tell the story.

The wifey drives the ute around town during the week - to and from work - school picks up etc she says it hasnt given her any grief this last week and bit. We have very differenrt driving styles, lets just say i have a heavier foot than her - not sure if this has any impact on the issue.

Cheers,

DB
Desert Brewer

Postby bigbill on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:45 pm

Dandenong service department are dodgy on the other hand chad stone Mitsubishi service department are great.i had a 90k service done and they found a leaky shock which I didn't see so they replace it.dandenong are a bunch of apprentices
bigbill

Postby Bazzer87 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:14 am

Has any one had much luck claiming the Spare Wheel Winch under warranty?
I'm assuming they may refuse to replace as I am running 33s and they might say it's only rated for standard tyres.
I had to do a tyre change a month or so ago out bush and when I went to wind the tyre back up it wouldn't wind. I pulled it off the other day and inside it's broken in about 5 different places (definitely broken lol).
What if I just took the part straight to a mitsu dealer?

Cheers
MY12 MN Triton
2" Ultimate lift, 285/75R16 Wrangler Duratracs, 1" Body lift, Factory Rear Diff Lock, ARB Canopy, ARB Alloy Roof Racks, Xrox Bullbar, Roo Systems Roof Top Tent, Dual batteries, Draw System
Bazzer87

Postby Lunny on Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:22 pm

id take it in and say its from that car there... bla bla bla... some decent story and that you took it off to inspect it and figured it was easier to leave it off lol...

too bad lee is not around to do warranty anymore...
Lunny
Lunny

Postby kxboss on Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:52 pm

warrenty stuff to look for
Engine heating up, rear springs noisy factory fix
same as engine and radiator cao
check if airbag wiring harness roof and floor has been replaced.
kxboss

Postby Spotty on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:20 pm

Rusty spot welds in the roof tracks under the black strip!
Spotty

Postby kxboss on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:32 pm

Check for black spots on the turbo, Zi had a turbo rplaced under warrenty at about 50k, MN GLRx4 :D
kxboss

Postby jonb1760 on Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:31 am

Was just about to pickup a secondhand glxr when dealer rang and said airbag light has come on. No prob needed new harness. Put car into the shop for repair and got a phone call saying that at some stage in its life someone had removed two airbag plugs from the dash wiring harness. New dashboard harness required. Two new harnesses needed and approx 3-4 days to strip car and install. $$$$ lucky under warranty.
Seems weird why anyone would cuties out of a harness and solder the wires through. Any thoughts??
jonb1760

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:17 am

Maybe they were trying to avoid the airbag lights themselves but stuffed it up? Or damaged the plug when trying to remove it so that was their repair?

Either way it's pretty dumb modifying the air bag wiring in my view.

Cowboy Dave

Postby hvac guy on Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:39 pm

I think that was early practice when the harnesses were not available. Im sure i heard a tech say they did that.
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Bazzer87 on Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:30 pm

My airbag wiring harness is getting replaced next week.
Also still waiting to hear from the dealer and mistu regarding the spare wheel winder. At first the dealer refused to even put it up to Mitsubishi without even looking at it.. They said if it's broken it must be because I've done something I shouldn't have :? :roll:
I suspect the particular lady I was dealing with just didn't want the hassle of taking a photo and sending it off.
We shall wait and see
MY12 MN Triton
2" Ultimate lift, 285/75R16 Wrangler Duratracs, 1" Body lift, Factory Rear Diff Lock, ARB Canopy, ARB Alloy Roof Racks, Xrox Bullbar, Roo Systems Roof Top Tent, Dual batteries, Draw System
Bazzer87

PreviousNext

Return to Warranty/Recalls