MN Triton - Warranty things to look for

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Postby Thommo3337 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:40 am

Hello I have an mn my 10 triton and am just wondering what are the main problems to look for on warranty? Have noticed the speedo is out a fair bit at 100 km suspension squeeking and Bluetooth playing up. Are these things they have to fix under warranty? New to the forum have tried looking through the search but was hoping that someone who has been here for a while can fill me in. Am located In Melton Victoria and have hears that the local dealer doesn't fix anything just want to know my rights etc.... Thanks look forward to hearing from you!!
Last edited by daryn on Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: more descriptive title
A Heroin Addiction Would Have Been Cheaper!!
Thommo3337

Re: Mn triton

Postby Jimmyk on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:01 am

My suspension was really noisy as well ome fixed that right up. I think the blue tooth system is crap and hard to use it picks up my wife's phone not mine and they will fix it all under warranty I would imagine. Unless you have put big tyres on the will change your speedo a bit
Jimmyk

Postby fridgie on Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:01 am

Have a look in the technical section under warranty/recall/hotfix, will list most of the issues there already ;)
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Mn triton

Postby Cowboy Dave on Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:26 am

You won't get the speedo fixed under warranty - they're all out of whack. Bigger tyres will fix it or jaycar sells a device you can use to correct it.

There's supposed to be a silencer kit for the rear springs.

Bluetooth I'd say you're probably on your own - it seems to favour some phones but not others.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby hvac guy on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:45 am

My Bluetooth does text to speech with HTC mozat scared the crap out of me first time it did it.
I didn't think they had this feature.
I AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS.
hvac guy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Lee-thal on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:00 am

There is a silencer kit for the Rear springs, Currently no stock in oz, but wty will cover.

Speedo will be out by approx 10%, at 100km indicated you will prob only be doing 90 or thereabouts, All new cars are done very similar to this, The ADR Spec is actually 10% of indicated speed +6km/h is allowed, which means the goverment is happy that 100km/h indicated you could be doing as little at 84km/h and the manufacturer wouldnt have to do anything about it,
The bluetooth, make sure your phone is compatible with it, some phones arent compaitble 100% with the bluetooth system.

Cheers Lee
Lee-thal

Postby Thommo3337 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:27 am

Thanks for the replies!! The speed o only has to be 10% accurate I thought it was 4% does that meen that doing 110 km an hour in 100 zone u can't be booked as the accuracy of the car is compliant? The hot fix what is this? Does this mean u take it to your dealer with the hot fix number and they have to fix it? My carvwent for the service with the suspension squeaking should the dealer have picked this up? Or should they wait till you complain? Makes me think you are better off talking to a local mechanic who will pick these things up! You would think that the dealer is there for you not for Mitsubishi as they get paid for the warranty work astride out!!
Thommo3337

Postby coxy47 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:39 am

Unfortunately not. The speedometers can read higher by 10% as in read 100 when doing 90 but it cannot indicate lower then what your doing. So the cops would just argue that you new that your speedo was indicating higher then the limit.
coxy47

Postby Lee-thal on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:45 pm

if you dont complain about something your dealer does not have to fix it unless it is a safety related concern, from a dealer point of view it must be accounted for that the customer had an issue and not just something a dealer wanted to do to make some cash dealers are heavily audited on this.

If you have a problem just tell them, you obviously knew about these faults before it went in, why didnt you tell them these problems you are having?
Lee-thal

Postby Thommo3337 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:28 pm

I feel as thought the mechanic should be there for you! If something is wrong they should be able to pick up on it through all of their checks, the customer shouldn't have to tell them about every fault, I didn't know that this was a fixable problem and am sure they heard it and didn't say anything! I now feel that I would be better off going to an ideoendant mechanic who will tell me everything that is wrong with my car and looknfor all of the problems that are associated with it and take all of the warranty work to the dealer. Have to check the warranty first to see if I lose anything by taking it elsewhere. They also cost more than anywhere else for servicing and I feel you actually get less in return. I know faults have to be reported especially one that do it every now and but surely squeaky suspension is heard numerous times throughout the service! Also do fault codes have to come up before they will fix things like the carbon etc? Thanks your input is much appreciated trying to get my head around how dealers think!
Thommo3337

Re: MN Triton - Warranty things to look for

Postby daryn on Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:34 pm

Guys,

Can we please think about the titles given to topics.

MN Triton means zip on a Triton website, add a bit more description, it will aid people searching and new members out greatly.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby mattz on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:39 pm

Lee-thal wrote:if you dont complain about something your dealer does not have to fix it unless it is a safety related concern, from a dealer point of view it must be accounted for that the customer had an issue and not just something a dealer wanted to do to make some cash dealers are heavily audited on this.

If you have a problem just tell them, you obviously knew about these faults before it went in, why didnt you tell them these problems you are having?

I think this pretty much sums up how the dealers think.
In my opion its fair
You do have a choice tho.... You can take it to an independent mechanic and as long as they carry out the service to what Mitsubishi has specified you warranty is covered.
Having said that.... I have chosen Mitsubishi to service mine and have been very happy with the dealer service.
It's not hard to ask them to look at something when you drop it off...... The issue you want looking at may not happen for them when they test drive it.
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby Lostu2 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:05 pm

Hello Thommo,

I live in the same suburb and we may have bought from the same dealer in high street?

The speedo,a common fault with all new cars.I have two sets of tyres and rims.The 245s H/Ts that came with the car.If i am driving at 100 ks by the speedo.The reading via the GPS is around 92 kph.So roughly 8 ks out so you won,t get a fine.But wonder why people are passing you.Thinking you are doing the right thing.

I also have a set of 265x75 tyres and rims that i use for off road trips.These tyres bring the the speedo reading up to near the correct speed,again via the GPS.Not saying that you need to buy a second set of tyres.But just to make you aware of the differance in the readings.For myself the 265s give me a little bit more lift/Clearance :D .

Yes ,i also have the dreaded squeak from the rear springs.A common problem with the Tritons.So annoying and it will be mentioned at the next service.Shall keep you informed of any results.Yet in saying that.I am looking at getting a 2 inch lift /aftermarket just need to get that towbar off the dirt.Which i am also lead to belive is a fix,meaning the new suspension lift.

Hope it all makes sense?'

Regards
Lostu2
Lostu2

Postby Thommo3337 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:00 pm

daryn wrote:Guys,

Can we please think about the titles given to topics.

MN Triton means zip on a Triton website, add a bit more description, it will aid people searching and new members out greatly.

Sorry Daryn new to the forum

What should I have put in instead of Mn warranty things to look for?
Thommo3337

Postby daryn on Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:05 pm

All good Thommo,

Your title was just MN Triton....that was it

I then added the "- Warranty things to look for"...which I think you will agree is much better describing your topic, think of the key words to use.

It all helps down the track as the next new member may go and search for this and low an behold they find your topic nice and easy.

Check the vid in my sig, humorous but it helps give some ideas.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Postby DRdB on Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:52 am

mattz wrote:
Lee-thal wrote:.... I have chosen Mitsubishi to service mine and have been very happy with the dealer service.
It's not hard to ask them to look at something when you drop it off...... The issue you want looking at may not happen for them when they test drive it.

I have experienced this...
My stereo decided that i would turn off sometimes for no reason. It would still be on and playing but NO SOUND at all.
Turning off the car and restarting it didnt even work.
I have noticed it is more of a problem on days that it is 30 degree +.
Has anyone had this problem
I took it to the mits service and they said that there didnt seem to be a problem. (He turned the car on, the stereo worked and when i explained it only happens occasionally he said and i quote "well if it only happens occasionally then its not really an issuse is it??!!"

I wanted to smash his head in. I responded by saying at my 1500km service i will be bringing it in and EXPECT a new stereo or a proper fix. He laughed and said "Good luck"
Regards Davis Ribot de Bressac
DRdB

Postby g_mac on Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:29 am

Jimmyk wrote: I think the blue tooth system is crap and hard to use it picks up my wife's phone not mine

I was reading in the separate bluetooth manual that it favours the last paired phone, although it's always seemed to favour my misses' phone over mine no matter which order we pair them in. Will it recognise your phone when your wife's phone is not around?

Dealer's pro-actively fixing things can go either way, be careful what you wish for :lol: - I agree just let them know any concerns you have when you drop it off. Besides the speedo (bit hard to prove how far they're out), the squeaky suspension has a fix (although it's not going to fix it forever with all the crap that gets in between the suspension), and if the bluetooth isn't functioning correctly then I don't think it would be unreasonable to ask them to fix/replace this under warranty.
2010 MN GLXR... I shall call her 'Tray-cey'

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
g_mac

Postby smouch1975 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:58 pm

Lee-thal wrote:There is a silencer kit for the Rear springs, Currently no stock in oz, but wty will cover.

Cheers Lee

Thanks mate, mine is in tomorrow for Steering Knock, Turbo hose clamp and silencer kit. Atleast I now know they wont be bullshitting me.
But the greaseing they did last time was a waste of my time and theirs
Mark

Dirty woman, Clean truck :-)

View My Build Thread Here
smouch1975

Postby SecondEye on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:34 pm

One of the guys mentioned that the RAA/RACQ/NRMA can perform a check at a cost to confirm no hotline issues noting issues such as stereos that only occasionally dropout would also be hard for the inspector/mechanic to pick. He/she would also likely look at the main hotline and recall issues.

Though I have NEVER had a stellar performance from any Mitsu dealer I have dealt with Ive never had any issues with the mechanics themselves. So go easy on the mechanic itself there not all muppets.

Bluetooth on the wifes phone should also have discovery/visibility turned off in the settings to prevent it pairing to other cars/devices other than those it has been specifically paired with. Think of it this way I jump in my car turn on my bluetooth it connects to your wifes phone i get free calls to Nepal, cant see it, pair to it, cant do jack to it.
SecondEye

Postby Thommo3337 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:47 pm

Thanks Daryn for the fox up! I know on other forums they put subjects up in the area as like a bible. Would be good for 1 to summarize the mm and other model known faults so that u don't have to look at 300 post for the answer. Even in the tyres section maximum tyre without lift maximum with lift maximum legal etc all listed so that same topics don't keep arising as much?
Thommo3337

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:56 pm

The problem is there's no one answer to those tyre questions. They depend on where you're located, whether you're prepared to trim your guards and stuff and not all lifts are created equal. The first couple of stickied threads in the tyre area do try to capture the key stuff as does the forum guide from Tex.

There is a thread for known warranty fixes and a warranty/recalls area. The problem we suffer from more than anything else is probably information overload - there's just so much of it that it's difficult to keep it ordered. In turn though that does tend to mean that we're pretty quick about shutting down duplicate threads and threads re-hashing old ground.

Fortunately we're pretty easy going and still recognise that every member was new once. ;)
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby Thommo3337 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:30 pm

This forum is awesome!!! The sort of thing the neighbor was saying years ago took a long time and a lot of club meetings to answer, you can get answered in a few minutes. Luv it!!
Thommo3337

Postby Sky Miner on Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Thommo3337 wrote:This forum is awesome!!! The sort of thing the neighbor was saying years ago took a long time and a lot of club meetings to answer, you can get answered in a few minutes. Luv it!!

AAwwwww shucks :oops:

But seriously it is the best place for all your Q/A.......and worth the coin too :D
Ever noticed if somebody is driving slower than you is an idiot,
and anyone going faster than you is also an idiot?
Sky Miner

Postby Lanceuppercut on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:56 pm

I took mine in for it's 15000 service they had to pull my gear box out due to some waser being dry would make a swirling noise when idling all fixed now also didn't like how when buying a truck that they new was for work purposes that the suspension can only take 900kg not including tray and fuel tank so 1 week my suspension wad nearly bent the other way so I had fork out another 1500 for new spring and 2inch lift
Lanceuppercut

Postby DRdB on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:58 am

I have heard that it is illegal for the car companies to supply a car with a speedo that gives a faulty speed. ( too slow or fast)
Does this mean that when i take it to Mits for my 1500km service by law they have to fix it?
Has any one else ask mits to fix the speed problem under warranty?
Regards Davis Ribot de Bressac
DRdB

Next

Return to Warranty/Recalls