Malfunctions after 30,000km service

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Malfunctions after 30,000km service

Postby joshua.alexander on Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:30 pm

Well, i got my triton after its 30k km service, there were a few things i was concerned about, 1 of them was the car over heating, going back to them, the only answer i got was, 'keep an eye on it'.
Guess what happened after 5000kms
OVERHEATED.

i took it to phil gilbert in lidcombe and they diagnosed a really unclean air filter fualty thermostat, malfunctioning boost thingo and malfunctioning software.
The airfilter was probably my fualt from fraser but i would assuming that during the service they would of checked it.

My question is, did bathurst do there job right, or got $600 from me for a quick fix, i dont know, either way, warranty is covering me for everything exept a new air filter. They are even updating the software in it.

Just my input on how warranty looked after me for this :)
JA
joshua.alexander

Re: Malfunctions after 30,000km service

Postby SecondEye on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:56 pm

Your lucky on that one. boost thingo is probably map sensor common to get gunked up same with manifolds top and bottom. odd about the malfunctioning software. The filter shouldnt be dirty though and normally a SQL learn and ecu update is done on each service. If you do a search for 30k service you should find on this forum what is normally done, it may also be in your warranty service book.
SecondEye

Postby joshua.alexander on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:02 pm

Thanks for that, i dare say it will be done tomorow . i think bathurst mitsi got me like a dodgy car dealer on parramatta road
$75 for an airfilter though, must have gold on it, or a mitsubishi logo XD.
JA
joshua.alexander

Postby daryn on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:17 pm

The nominated "everything" 30,000km service thread is here http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=913&start=200

Your thread has been locked

We have locked this thread because your topic has been covered and we don't need another one of them repeating the already good discussion with top information provided by our 7,000 plus members.

With over 8,900 topics and over 222,000 posts, guess what, we have already discussed your problem/query/concern etc.

If we were generous we may have provided you with a link below to lead you where you wanted to go to, if not please have a go at using the SEARCH feature.

We have a fantastic forum bible as a first place to visit:
Forum Directory HERE

To have a go at using search follow this tutorial:
New Search Tutorial HERE

If you are fresh new to forums, please watch this video:
Posting and you... new members please watch this short vid!

We highly encourage digging up old threads and definitely discourage creating a new thread for the heck of it.

If you are unsure the moderating team are here to help, just ask us. We would rather help you out instead of locking threads.

Lastly we are not stopping you from posting but more helping you post in the correct place, so please continue to enjoy the largest Triton/L200 forum for Triton enthusiasts on this globe.
daryn
Valued Contributor

Return to Warranty/Recalls