Help needed after warranty work

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Help needed after warranty work

Postby Beaver700 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:29 am

I recently had a few warranty jobs completed on my ML triton. I complained about surging, and they without any questions replaced the manifold. However, I noticed that it seems they havent blanked off the old hose tail? As in the photo

Click to view larger picture

Its strange because I thought I already had the 'updated' manifold...

Its an 09 ML triton
Beaver700

Re: Help needed after warranty work

Postby fridgie on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:36 am

Pretty sure they would have replaced the upper manifold only and that is on the bottom manifold from memory. Should have a little rubber cap on it.

Mine, i found, was missing the cap and next trip in to dealer one was fitted. Not sure whether mine blew off or not but my current one is clamped on.
I'm not so good with the advice :oops: ... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment??? :twisted:

FORUM DIRECTORY - Click here

SEARCH TUTORIAL - Click here

MY TRITON - SEE IT HERE
fridgie

Postby Hapster on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:55 am

Beaver700 wrote:I recently had a few warranty jobs completed on my ML triton. I complained about surging, and they without any questions replaced the manifold. However, I noticed that it seems they havent blanked off the old hose tail? As in the photo

Click to view larger picture

Its strange because I thought I already had the 'updated' manifold...

Its an 09 ML triton

Did this fix surging? My Mn was surging the other day , went inti limp mode about 5 times over 100kms. I have scanguage so was able to get going each time. Just cruising ,not driving hard. Took it to dealer who has determined it is the fuel limiter. said there was an overboost problem.
I have a chipit chip that was not connected when this happened. I had taken it out as even on tune 4 it was blowing more black smoke than i was comfortable seeing. i was leaving it out until I have time to do the disc in the limiter mod.
It would appear that my existing limiter may have been not up to standard from day one. probably good thing i hadn't fitted disc as i would no doubt been told warrenty was no longer.
Hapster

Postby Naff on Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:16 am

How does you air filter look?
Naff
Platinum Subscriber

Postby mad992 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:07 pm

yerp rubber grommet on mine
mad992

Return to Warranty/Recalls