ML single cab problems

What were your warranty claims and recall information

ML single cab problems

Postby djmoreton on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:38 am

Hi all, I was glancing through these pages but havnt been able to find same problems. Where I work, we run 3 single cab tray top utes and all 3 have had issues. Utes are 5 1/2 yrs, 5 yrs and 4 1/2 yrs. All ML diesels. All bought brand new.
1. 2 of the vehicles have had the cab mounts break through. 1 has been fixed once now it has gone again along with another vehicle. Dealers arent keen on fixing. Say we must be driving them too rough.
2. Now my ute has had a steering issue for a while. I noticed weeping around CV joint. Apparently its not a CV problem. Changed whole steering rack, problem still there. Going back in on Tuesday.
3. Other work ute has had steering hose split, futher looking and know that one needs a whole new steering rack.
Hope these get sorted soon as boss losing faith in Mitsubishi.
djmoreton

Re: ML single cab problems

Postby TUFF TROOP on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:43 am

Where abouts are you located ? With the cab mounts breaking what sort of terrain are you usually driving?
TUFF TROOP

Postby al coholic on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:50 am

:? I havent heard of some of those issues on ML's before......
Some of the MN's have an issue with power steering fluid loss, but obviously that different to a split hose.....guess that can happen on any vehicle though cant it.

The ML's also have an issue with the steering column.....maybe that could be the issue on your one??

Read here...
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2931&hilit=steering+column

Out of curiosity....what sort of work are they used for and what sort of roads are they being driven on??
Are they still in stock form?? Or have there been accesories fitted??
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything important, it's too late to stop reading it.
al coholic

Postby djmoreton on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:03 am

I live in South Australia. We are farmers, but have been told that our farm roads are better quality to the government ones in the area by numerous people. Driving is 75% is dirt roads. Still stock vehicles, 1 has been upgraded with OME suspension, serviced every 7500km, no expense spared, (he wants us to show up for work each day :lol: )
djmoreton

Postby TUFF TROOP on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:21 am

Are you around the Adelaide area or country? Have heard of the cracking floors before In the single cabs , if you have ran your steering rack dry of fluid it will stuff the seals causing leaks when you fill it up etc. have see this on a couple tritons now.
TUFF TROOP

Postby djmoreton on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:33 pm

SA country area, when first started having steering problems it went straight into local dealer and they sorted it with mitsubishi. Mitsubishi always been good and stood by warranty but their not liking cab mounts again. They cant seem to understand steering problems though, why 2 utes have failed within a couple of months of each other. Never mind, we will see next week for the outcome.
djmoreton

Return to Warranty/Recalls