Aftermarket accessories voiding warranty

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Aftermarket accessories voiding warranty

Postby Bazz_GLXR on Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:05 am

Hi all! Just wondering what the go is with things like arb bullbar s voiding warranty s and such. Does it void the whole warranty or just specific parts? First new car I have ever bought and first warranty on a car, I do a lot of travelling at night and I am constantly dodging roos as a result. I don't like the look of the mitsubishi bars, and mine didnt come with one anyways, but I need something up there but I don't know what it will void! Lol! Any help would be much appreciated....
Bazz_GLXR

Re: Aftermarket accessories voiding warranty

Postby borngeek on Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:50 am

Within 15 minutes of joining you are posting new threads? :|

You know that popup for new members that came up? Read it please.. It asks you to search, discover, read, learn. What it should also say is DO NOT BE A LAZY #!&%

This topic has been covered and covered and covered and covered. <see how I was repetitive... annoying isn't it?

One search with two of the words above brought this: http://www.newtriton.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6060&hilit=voiding+warranty
Many more are available. BUT I am going to make you help yourself. Then ask a question, in that existing thread, and you will be happily helped in return... It is a give and take thing. ;)

Welcome aboard too. :lol: Many things can be learnt about your new, and exciting, triton here. You can rest assured not many things involving the triton has not been discussed already and is here to be found... 8-)

A great place to start is the "FORUM DIRECTORY" :D

ENJOY! :geek:

//For the record: this is not a personal attack on you individually. There seems to be a sudden influx of this lately, and I hope all newer members can absorb this constructively :)
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby lazarus on Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:45 am

I own and manage web site with more than 20 000 registered members, registration is not comulsory so this number of reg. users is huge compared to sites where registering is comulsory.
I am in web developing, forum designing, managing since 1999.
In 2009 I was recognised and awarded a medal for my work in this field in NSW, due to my voluntary contributions to Australian comunities with difrenet web projects and thousands of hours of work so one could say I know what I am talking about 8-) .

Nowhere, absolutly nowhere this policy of "search first" is policed in this black and white manner. By doing this so hard core you are discouraging new users from registering or writing anything at all, you are also not doing any favours to NTN owners, because less topics and threads means less google search results, less visitors, lower ranking, less revenue from advertisments etc.

Let the people talk, you are not paying tax on what and how much they write :D

Nothing personal. This is just my two cents, and naturally its up to NTN administration to make up their rules and up to us to respect them.
MY2013 MN GLX-R Auto, diff lock, diff breathers, bash plates, tub liner, reversing sensors, Safari snorkel, BFG KM2 M/T, Rhino Pioneer roof platform, Caddy Alpha Canopy, Dual Battery, Waeco CFX-50, Air Compressor ...
lazarus

Postby borngeek on Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:26 am

eh? Pretty hard to interpret what you mean, but I think I have decoded it. :?

for someone that has spent so long on the internet and forums you should try installing a spelling plugin in your browser :roll:

Also.. Many forums police "search first" in a far more draconian manner to this one. In fact I would call this forum lax in comparison to ones like experts exchange and USA car forums.. :roll:

Registering here IS compulsory, not "cumulsory" though. :roll: :roll: ie. not indexed in google or other search engines.

As for what NTN administration wants this is the banner they get:

ATTENTION - NEW MEMBERS
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!

Have a question to ask ??? before you make a new thread on a question you might have, please be sure you browse through the forum and use the search feature to try and find what you are looking for.

Don't forget to check out our official FORUM DIRECTORY which will help get you started. It's an index to many great topics.

If you want to learn more about how to search, click here.
Please also feel free to post an introduction into the introductions area by clicking here, we would love to hear from you!
Thank you for your cooperation!
*This warning will disappear once you have made more than 5 posts

If you read above properly. I am not discouraging participation. The opposite. If participation can be placed in the relevant areas it would reduce the administrative overhead.

//But with all your experience, you already knew that. ;) :lol:
Last edited by borngeek on Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don't be a tool, use this: FORUM DIRECTORY

Did you search first?

FL/LSD FTW

Sucks to be you, glad I bought a 3.2 :lol:
borngeek
Platinum Subscriber

Postby lazarus on Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:39 am

Typing from my ipad at 630am whilst in the bed is not best for spelling 8-)

So the best you could do to answer my topic is to spend half of your answer on personal attacks in regards to spelling etc ... nice to see it coming from platinum member :geek:

As I stated earlier, I was only giving my personal opinion (or is that forbiden as well), I also pointed that we should respect NTN policies and that I know the rules so there is no need to quote them and repeat them in enlarged size, just shows your lack of self control and manners.

Cheers
MY2013 MN GLX-R Auto, diff lock, diff breathers, bash plates, tub liner, reversing sensors, Safari snorkel, BFG KM2 M/T, Rhino Pioneer roof platform, Caddy Alpha Canopy, Dual Battery, Waeco CFX-50, Air Compressor ...
lazarus

Return to Warranty/Recalls