Possible defective Paint job GLX-R 2011

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Possible defective Paint job GLX-R 2011

Postby Skara on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:34 pm

Gday guys,

Just wanted to see if anyone else has a similar issue, I've had my Triton for about a year 50k on the clock and I'm noticing pin pricks over various areas of the car that look like the beginnings of rust spots. Now these areas are areas not prone to rock impact, most I noticed yesterday were very rear of the roof and a few along the side of the car.

To be honest I'm pretty unhappy with a few things with the Triton as far as QA and work done goes, I've also had an issue with warning lights coming up on the dash which I was later told was due to some plugs not being a good fit and the solution provided by Mitsubishi dealer was to stretch the plug points to make them "A better fit" I've also had a defective radio which they replaced free of chard but upon changing it broke the centre console (which they replaced) and broke the clips on the under steering cover (which I later found out they old repaired) and the screw cover under the radio has been attached by a screwdriver which hasn't been replaced. I've had greasy hand prints on the A pillars. I know its a 4x4 but I would have thought being a new car people would take a little more care in there work.

Anyone offer any advice on where to go as in dealers as I'm pretty unhappy with the service from my current dealer or how best to approach this paint issue given the service I've already had, should I get an external opinion on it from a reputable body shop?

Cheers

Damo
Skara

Re: Possible defective Paint job GLX-R 2011

Postby NowForThe5th on Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:39 pm

Chris

If work is so terrific, why do they have to pay us to do it?
NowForThe5th

Postby snowman on Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:04 pm

Skara it really helps if you give us your location. :| in your profile

if you were in Sydney i would say to contact Heartland Mits at Castle hill cause i know the service manager has some chemical solution for just this issue. :lol: :lol: :lol:

unfortunately the fact you are 6 months into ownership might mean you have to wear the cost as 'fallout' can occur in a number of locations (i.e. parked next to a railway line, or BHP's site down in the Gong) and you have no proof it was on there at delivery.

Again all potential new owners look at your car BEFORE you take delivery of it and i mean carefully. Get you face 6 inches from the paintwork all over.

you will see the details of this in the threads 5th has linked.

good luck.
This car is like a bad drug habit. It is taking all my money and time, my family are concerned, but new mods just feel sooooooo good.
snowman
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Crash486 on Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:13 pm

Man if I learn anything more from this forum my head is going to explode ! Great information here and in the linked threads.

"Love My Forum"
Crash486

Return to Warranty/Recalls