Any rust areas?

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Re: Any rust areas?

Postby macca002 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:38 pm

The Mitsubishi where I live are doing an awesome job at trying to give me the reach around....massive wait for them to take a few photos to send off to HQ. No ETA as to when I will get a response. Will start hassling them in a weeks time :x
macca002

Re: Paint/Rust issues on New Triton

Postby Mattstruck on Thu May 22, 2014 9:02 am

I have a red Tri which is apparently notorious for paint fading.
Yup. Mine has faded and having troubles with any dealer showing any interest it...
Hear they will respray it under warranty but only way to get that is to call MMAL I guess... :x
Mod talk:
Sometimes indecipherable to the average Civillian. Example:
Homer:
I clearly remember Joe stating categorically that he prefers it in the bottom
Joe:
I didn't say it was better in the bottom, I just said it was easier and quicker.
Mattstruck

Postby Mattstruck on Thu May 22, 2014 9:08 am

Im getting a lovely reach around from a dealers RE this issue too. Funny how warranty issues they make minimal money from take a back burner...
Mod talk:
Homer:
Joe:
I didn't say it was better in the bottom, I just said it was easier and quicker.
Mattstruck

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu May 22, 2014 9:34 am

Umm I think maybe you have a different idea of what a reach around is to me. More like a runaround perhaps?
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby jazaboy1 on Thu May 22, 2014 10:44 pm

Hi guys, I just had a small rock flick up on my bonnet and chip away a small piece of my Triton :( Any thoughts/suggestions/ideas about the best products that will help pevent rust without having to get it resprayed.
Thanks
BUILDING UP FROM STOCK, ONE MOD AT A TIME.
jazaboy1

Postby Cowboy Dave on Thu May 22, 2014 11:01 pm

Touch up paint from the dealer would seem the obvious option to me?

Cowboy Dave

Postby Mattstruck on Sat May 24, 2014 11:59 am

macca002 wrote:The Mitsubishi where I live are doing an awesome job at trying to give me the reach around....massive wait for them to take a few photos to send off to HQ. No ETA as to when I will get a response. Will start hassling them in a weeks time :x

He said it! :lol: :lol: Im just going with the flow ;) :lol:
Mod talk:
Homer:
Joe:
Mattstruck

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sat May 24, 2014 12:17 pm

Cowboy Dave

Postby mitzikatzi on Sat May 24, 2014 12:32 pm

Made "Famous" in the Movie Full Metal Jacket.
mitzikatzi

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sat May 24, 2014 12:35 pm

Who can remember that? Must have been what 20+ years ago? I'm lucky to remember last week but reach around has a visual aspect to it that makes it easier to picture/remember...

Cowboy Dave

Postby mitzikatzi on Sat May 24, 2014 12:39 pm

Cowboy Dave wrote:Who can remember that? Must have been what 20+ years ago? I'm lucky to remember last week but reach around has a visual aspect to it that makes it easier to picture/remember...

Showing my age. Closer to 30 years ago 1987? NSFW and language here Gives a good "visual image"
mitzikatzi

Postby Mattstruck on Sat May 24, 2014 1:01 pm

Thank you David.
Mod talk:
Homer:
Joe:
Mattstruck

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sat May 24, 2014 1:05 pm

Yeah I was pretty sure I was still at school but was in denial about quite how long ago that was :oops:

Cowboy Dave

Postby Froggy on Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:44 pm

I really shouldn't have looked at some of the related terms on UD...
Froggy

Postby 250sav on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:59 am

I was at a dealer recently, you should have seen the rust on the headboard of a white display triton holy crap.

I took some pics as my triton is showing rust in the same areas, though I've removed the headboard so no problems now
250sav

Postby AdamB on Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:12 pm

So i washed the car on the weekend and noticed all the panels have a small amounts of surface rust...from black spots in paint through to rust that has come through...whats the best way to apporach mitsi about it?

...ive spoken a couple of painters and reckon it may have been containinated from the start.
AdamB

Postby xspwr2w8 on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:51 pm

Just picked up brand new GLX today, apart from finding oil leaking from the transfer case shaft seal I have found just about every weld on the chassis has the paint flaking off and is beginning to develop surface rust.

I can only see this getting much worse with time, natural salts, acids ect.. that would be sprayed up of the road during rain.

Has anyone else noticed this???
xspwr2w8

Postby balistc on Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:54 pm

My headboard and tub floor have surface rust everywhere. MY14 GLX

Mitsubishi has just authorised a full respray of the inside of the tub. I'm going to see if I can pay the difference and get a Rhino spray on liner
balistc

Postby destorman on Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:39 am

Snooozy wrote: ... I did tell the dealer last service & he took pics to send to MML & I never heard back :roll:

I rang a few weeks back & they have lost the pics :twisted: I have to take it back for them to have another look.

I might just mention this thread if they say it's a once off.

Local stealer did same with our roof spot issue a while back, took pic's, lost them, had to go back for them to take more. I suspected at the time it was a ploy. Most people are too busy, and forget about things, or have another issue that overrides the one reported, so they get away with it ...

I just can't work out why the stealer does it, surely MMAL pays them for fixing the problem?

Oh, wait, that's right, it comes out of their "hold backs" from new car sales ... so, in effect, it DOES costs the stealer money. Well, that's how I understand it works.

Perhaps some of those who work in dealerships can explain?
The best surfer is the one having the most fun ... :mrgreen:
destorman

Postby Maxiy on Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:42 pm

I have a brand new 2014 MN dual cab. i had a quick look under the car on the weekend and noticed a few spots on the underside of the chassis that had the paint flaking off or exposed and had some minor surface rust, similar to what xspwr2w8 has mentioned. the most rust i found was on the connection from the tail shaft to the rear dif, seams that the connection was not painted at all (i am no mechanic so have no idea if this is normal or not) the whole connection plate has surface rust on it.

I have my 1500km service on thursday, will bring up the rust and see what they say
Maxiy

Postby Rumchaser on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:39 pm

When I got my white GLXR in December two days later it rained and I had heaps of rust spots come out all over it from what they stated as industrial /transport fallout
They took photos and sent them in took a month or so and they buffed it all out looks ok now .
Rumchaser

Postby Lunny on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:13 pm

It'll still be there.. After a year mine finally got painted
Lunny
Lunny

Postby Ranga Tang on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:02 am

I've just had my 2010 triton's roof repainted and rust removed from the driver's side roof channel.

It has taken me nearly 12 months to get this to happen through MMA warranty, but now it is done and looks like new again.

Interestingly, I got my local repairer, whom I trust, to quote on it. He quoted around $670 to fix and repaint. I submitted this quote to the dealer.

In the end I was told by MMA I had to use the dealer's smash repairer (who also have a good reputation) to fix the problem.

Ok, fair enough, I can deal with that.

When I picked up the car I asked the owner "How much are you going to bill the dealer", he replied "around $1500" :shock: :shock:

Not my problem......
You can't have manslaughter without laughter.
Ranga Tang

Postby 4x4_Dude on Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:36 pm

Maxiy wrote:I have a brand new 2014 MN dual cab. i had a quick look under the car on the weekend and noticed a few spots on the underside of the chassis that had the paint flaking off or exposed and had some minor surface rust, similar to what xspwr2w8 has mentioned. the most rust i found was on the connection from the tail shaft to the rear dif, seams that the connection was not painted at all (i am no mechanic so have no idea if this is normal or not) the whole connection plate has surface rust on it.

I have my 1500km service on thursday, will bring up the rust and see what they say

Hey Maxiy,

How did you go with bringing this up during the service. I have just recently bought a white GLX and have noticed the same thing, plenty of rust on flaking welds and on the same tail shaft connections as well as other under body areas. Anyone else had any luck with the stealer?
I have also noticed a small oil leak where the transfer case connects to the gear box that I'm not to happy with.
4x4_Dude

Postby Maxiy on Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:44 am

Hey 4x4_Dude

Nothing so far, i have just hit 10k so my 15k service is due in the next few months, will be bringing it up again then. I have got it booked in on friday to get work done on it regarding the recall for upgrades to the radiator cap, coolant quantities etc. will be mentioning it again then. will see what they say. I will have to jump under the car this evening to see how it is all looking.

i did end up going through buffing off most of the spots i noticed with a wire brush and spraying on some black rust guard paint, so i have probably shot myself in the foot a bit as most of the rust has now been removed hahah.
Maxiy

PreviousNext

Return to Warranty/Recalls