Any rust areas?

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Re: Any rust areas?

Postby twinny on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:36 am

Ranga Tang wrote:I've just had my 2010 triton's roof repainted and rust removed from the driver's side roof channel.

It has taken me nearly 12 months to get this to happen through MMA warranty, but now it is done and looks like new again.

Interestingly, I got my local repairer, whom I trust, to quote on it. He quoted around $670 to fix and repaint. I submitted this quote to the dealer.

In the end I was told by MMA I had to use the dealer's smash repairer (who also have a good reputation) to fix the problem.

Ok, fair enough, I can deal with that.

When I picked up the car I asked the owner "How much are you going to bill the dealer", he replied "around $1500" :shock: :shock:

Not my problem......

Mine's in there today getting the 'recall' service, i showed them the rust around the tops of the door welds, and a spot on the roof, while showing them that noticed rust in the channel too :cry:
twinny

Postby Bazzer87 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:49 pm

I've noticed a few rust patches on the floor while all of my seats and carpets are out around some of the drain holes
MY12 MN Triton
2" Ultimate lift, 285/75R16 Wrangler Duratracs, 1" Body lift, Factory Rear Diff Lock, ARB Canopy, ARB Alloy Roof Racks, Xrox Bullbar, Roo Systems Roof Top Tent, Dual batteries, Draw System
Bazzer87

Postby kyle8800 on Mon May 02, 2016 6:53 pm

Hi guys,
sorry to bump an old thread but was looking at my chassis tonight to mount recovery points and noticed inside my chassis it had a few rust spots.
anyone else have this problem?? 2013 glx. think the dealer will do anything about it?
cheers
kyle8800

Postby Maxiy on Tue May 03, 2016 8:26 am

Plenty of surface rust on my underboady, has been there since DAY 1.

informed my dealer at the time, they were not interested. i just got under there with a wire brush and some rust guard. no issues since.

Need to check it again actually.
Maxiy

Postby kyle8800 on Tue May 03, 2016 8:34 am

Not worried about that stuff can get to it easy more the rust inside my chassis rails where i cant get to.
kyle8800

Postby amyh4n on Tue May 03, 2016 10:12 am

gutting of the roof, tow bar housing, top of the door frame, hope fully that's all

I don't know how to remove the trim on the roof because I can see rust in that gutting

I want to treat it sooner than later
amyh4n

Previous

Return to Warranty/Recalls