Hard Cover Rubber Seals

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Hard Cover Rubber Seals

Postby YogiOz on Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:52 am

At my 22 500 kms service (put it in to also get the ECU reflash) I asked them to check out the seals on the hard cover as they were coming off. The dealer agreed and it's in today to have some new heavy duty seals put on under warranty. Looks like I might have finally found a decent service department. For those in Canberra it is Commonwealth Motors in Phillip.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Mick

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some people are like a Slinky; they aren't good for anything, but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
YogiOz

Re: Hard Cover Rubber Seals

Postby trickydevil on Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:08 am

I didn't realise the rear rubber seals would be under warranty. Should have done it on my last service at the stealer. I only take it to them once a year to keep the warranty active. Intermediate service 52,500km service + new oil filter ( i change the filter at every service ) $243.75. Usually when it gets this sevice done at Bob's 4x4 centre @ Coffs it's allways about $160.
I think i deserve gold plates rubbers :mrgreen: :lol:
trickydevil

Postby Adz on Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:49 am

YogiOz wrote:At my 22 500 kms service (put it in to also get the ECU reflash) I asked them to check out the seals on the hard cover as they were coming off. The dealer agreed and it's in today to have some new heavy duty seals put on under warranty. Looks like I might have finally found a decent service department. For those in Canberra it is Commonwealth Motors in Phillip.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the tip Yogi...I think I'll take my tri to them...Bill Lilley seem to be a little nonchalant about the whole deal!
You can sit there complaining, or you can knit me some seat belts.
Adz

Postby Greedy on Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:09 am

trickydevil wrote:I only take it to them once a year to keep the warranty active.

Did you mean warranty or roadside assist? If you get all services done elsewhere, all you lose is roadside assist. Your warranty can't be affected.
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby YogiOz on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:38 am

Bill Lilley are the most useless dealer in the area - go to Commonwealth Motors in Phillip

My bit from (Bad dealerships / Bad Experience) viewtopic.php?f=18&t=148#p1980:

Well......I ordered a GLX R DID and when I went to pick it up guess what was waiting for me? A VR - and didn't I kick up a stink. So I had to wait for the accessories to be ordered, book it in to be speced up and now the suspension looks dodgy (see forum thread I started on this) and despite all the assurances in the world of them contacting me they haven't for over a week. Other issues include rattling rear doors and loose center console. For those in ACT/NSW avoid Bill Lilley Mitsubishi at all costs!

And the Dealer Principal blamed the salesman, the salesman blamed the fact that too many people were involved (like I care I just wanted my truck!).

Bill Lilley and the squeaky suspension: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=202
Mick

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some people are like a Slinky; they aren't good for anything, but they make you smile when you push them down the stairs.
YogiOz

Postby Eelesy on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:23 am

Greedy wrote:
trickydevil wrote:I only take it to them once a year to keep the warranty active.

Did you mean warranty or roadside assist? If you get all services done elsewhere, all you lose is roadside assist. Your warranty can't be affected.

So can someone just clarify for me... i have my 30000k service very soon.
and i coulnt give a toss about the roadside assist.
Does that mean i can take the vehicle anwhere i please, as long as they use genuine parts?

Sorry for the hijack...
I'm not dead
Eelesy

Postby Greedy on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:52 am

That's how I've read it in the warranty section of the owners manual. They don't have a right to keep you for servicing at the expense of warranty. Haven't been able to for minimum 15 years now, at least that's my understanding. I'll see if I can find it written anywhere more informative.

Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby trickydevil on Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:41 am

I was told by the stealer at the time of purchase that you have to have it serviced once a year @ Mitsubishi to cover warranty. Not sure about the roadside assist. So that's what i do. The only other times iot goes to the dealer is for warranty fixes etc. every other service etc is done by Bob's 4x4 Centre in coffs.
trickydevil

Postby Greedy on Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:35 am

trickydevil wrote:I was told by the stealer at the time of purchase that you have to have it serviced once a year @ Mitsubishi to cover warranty. Not sure about the roadside assist. So that's what i do. The only other times iot goes to the dealer is for warranty fixes etc. every other service etc is done by Bob's 4x4 Centre in coffs.

The dealer is having a lend of you unfortunately. The only thing you lose by not getting it serviced at the dealer is roadside assist

Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Racer on Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:29 am

Greedy is 100% correct. Your new Mitsubishi will keep its 5yr/130k warranty as long as it is serviced by a licenced mechanic using Australian Standard parts (Non Aus std parts can't be sold in Aus), providing your book has been stamped.

You will lose your Roadside assist after the first year if you do not have them service your vehicle.
09 ML GLX-R 3.2
Racer

Return to Warranty/Recalls