Gearbox warranty repairs

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Re: Gearbox warranty repairs

Postby Ih8tarmak on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:28 pm

Quick question?

2014 MN 2.5 diesel.
First service interval is 1500KMS?

Dealer swears black and blue its 1000. But cant show me any paperwork to substantiate his claim.

Help!!
Ih8tarmak

Postby Greedy on Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:49 pm

What does it say in your book?
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal labotomy!

It ain't pretty being easy!!
Greedy
Platinum Subscriber

Postby azza3400 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:54 pm

first general check is 1500km or 2 month. just had mine done
azza3400

Postby Octaneruss on Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:03 pm

I have a 2009 MN and it had the 4th to 3rd syncro, shaft and some clips changed at about 50000km , what I was told that the manufacturering company was changed and the hardening of the gear shaft where the syncro runs wasn't good enough so the hardening starts to come off causing the issue but surely they would have sorted it by now if this is the case...
Octaneruss

Postby Harro on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:57 pm

Mine is an early 2011 mn. 3rd to 2nd is always a problem when its cold. Developed 4th to 3rd issues at around 85 k took it in for 90 k service. Was back in a week later 14.07.2014 , problem fixed in a day with courtesy vehicle supplied. Thank you Frankston Mits, Melbourne.
Harro

Postby har05l on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:24 pm

Mines just started to develop the 4th to 3rd issue at 132k km's, 2010 mn GLX-r.

Will change oil this weekend and if it doesn't sort itself will visit mitsi again.

To think I'll be heading bush in 3 weeks is a little concerning to say the least :roll:
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Postby 2ENIL8 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:43 am

Mine also has been having trouble going from 4th to 3rd, when I took it in to get the timing belt done I once again mention this, they test drove it and agreed with me about the problem, so they have ordered the parts and will ring me when they are in. I am also like some of the other guys every now and then it is hard to go from 3rd to 2nd. Mine is a 2010 MY11 GLX-R with 99,000km's.
2ENIL8
Platinum Subscriber

Postby thunderace on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:06 am

Reporting back after 11K km having the oil changed in gearbox for difficulty in downshifts of 3rd to 2nd at 5K service. Problem has completly gone, so far so good
thunderace

Postby shannonlec on Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:16 pm

azza3400 wrote:
Lethal_Leroy wrote:Ok, update after 500km after service. Gearbox is settling in nicely. Still have occasional downshift hesitation, it's not a failure to shift, more so a slight stiffness that a quick jiggle overcomes, slightly annoying but habitual technique now doesn't see me noticing it. Hopefully this will resolve itself further.

I have the same sort of stiff gear changes when cold. but mine is changing down to 2nd and 1st. at the 1500km service the dealer change gear oil. still present but not as bad. hoping it loosens up aswell.

Hows your 2nd to 1st shifting now im experiencing the same problem ive got 6k on mine now, and i do find the box quite notchie not smooth at all through the gears.
shannonlec

Postby Airved on Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:25 pm

My 2014 MN was very stiff when shifting from 3rd to 2nd for the first 15,000km. I'd often have to shift it back to neutral 2-3 times and try again. Since the 15,000km service, it's become a lot more smooth. It'll get into 2nd on the first attempt now, but still feels a little stiff.
Airved

Postby MilkmanDan on Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:29 pm

Mine is going for 3rd gear synchro replacement on Monday. Will report back on how it goes
MilkmanDan

Postby shannonlec on Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:37 am

i also have what seems to be like a clunking noise when i realese the clutch like diff lash not from letting to quick its a bit delayed.

anyone else experiencing this ?
shannonlec

Postby Redneck198033 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:42 pm

Have a late 2010 MN, My sycro on third will be replaced in the new year, Parts are on order. I noticed third was a little hard to get into around 50K. Thought an oil change would fix this. not so lucky.

Also had my motor replaced, full motor at 60k due to it boiling, due to the radiator cap issue, well thats what mitsi said.
This is part of the service recall. Motor cooked itself two days before it was due for 60k services.

I now wish they had done the gearbox when the motor was changed out.

Meez think this car might be a bad investment, I also have poored 14k of parts onto it.
Redneck198033

Postby AD07 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:08 am

Redneck198033 wrote:Have a late 2010 MN, My sycro on third will be replaced in the new year, Parts are on order. I noticed third was a little hard to get into around 50K. Thought an oil change would fix this. not so lucky.

Also had my motor replaced, full motor at 60k due to it boiling, due to the radiator cap issue, well thats what mitsi said.
This is part of the service recall. Motor cooked itself two days before it was due for 60k services.

Meez think this car might be a bad investment, I also have poored 14k of parts onto it.

Do you actually mean 14k of aftermarket parts & accessories..????
I don't see a new motor (covered under warranty) as well as g/box issues sorted as a bad investment on an almost 5yr old truck. Yeah, they are a pain in the ass, but at least Mitsubishi are sorting out your issues.
AD07

Postby tondo12 on Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:11 am

What should I be looking for to see if I have gear box issues? Latley ive notced a clunking noise in some gear changes but not all the time.
tondo12

Postby Redneck198033 on Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:19 pm

Yeah, $14000 approx of aftermaket extras.

As to AD07's comment on warranty replacements, it is good that mitsi are looking after me & my wheels in this regards. But I'mn slowley loosing confidence in my wheels. I'm planning a Kimberley trip in the next few years & would like to see my wheels have no more issues.Well major one's like motor or anything that will take my wheels of the road for some time.
Redneck198033

Postby BillMcQuade on Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:34 am

Redneck198033 wrote:Well major one's like motor or anything that will take my wheels of the road for some time.

Motor and box will be new, so that's got to give you confidence for your trip. :D
White 2013 MN GLX+ manual

"Tuned by Doctor Diesel"
BillMcQuade
Platinum Subscriber

Postby MilkmanDan on Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:52 am

Redneck198033 wrote:Have a late 2010 MN, My sycro on third will be replaced in the new year, Parts are on order. I noticed third was a little hard to get into around 50K. Thought an oil change would fix this. not so lucky.

Reckon you will be happy to know if you bought a Hilux/ranger//Amarok you would be out of pocket as they do nothing for warranty.

- A mates son just had his amarok detonate and VAG charged him 18k for the pleasure. Pretty poor considering had under 40thou on it.
- hilux/cruiser owners get the 'been using bad fuel' excuse for pretty much anything.

- rangers throwing codes and unidentifiable issues for half half costs to replace.

Mitsubishi are great, no questions warranty is pretty bloody good if you ask me.
MilkmanDan

Postby Lethal_Leroy on Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:30 pm

shannonlec wrote:
azza3400 wrote:
Lethal_Leroy wrote:Ok, update after 500km after service. Gearbox is settling in nicely. Still have occasional downshift hesitation, it's not a failure to shift, more so a slight stiffness that a quick jiggle overcomes, slightly annoying but habitual technique now doesn't see me noticing it. Hopefully this will resolve itself further.

I have the same sort of stiff gear changes when cold. but mine is changing down to 2nd and 1st. at the 1500km service the dealer change gear oil. still present but not as bad. hoping it loosens up aswell.

Hows your 2nd to 1st shifting now im experiencing the same problem ive got 6k on mine now, and i do find the box quite notchie not smooth at all through the gears.

Update at 12thou kms, no major issues with gearbox, very occasionally i will have a hesitation shifting from 3rd to 2nd but nothing major to worry about. the only issue i have had was the clutch slave cylinder losing a seal and dumping the clutch fluid all over the hume hwy on a 40deg day. Replaced under warranty no questions asked.
I no longer fear bridges, for all the trolls have moved to the forums....
Lethal_Leroy

Gearbox warranty repairs

Postby snakesoup on Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:09 pm

picked up my rig from dealer today, and this is there second attempt at fixing gearbox issue of going from 3rd to 2nd when cold...first visit to dealer they added ATF to the gearbox oil with no change.. this Time they tell me they have put engine oil into the box.. seems a bit strange to me but initially seems like an improvement but will see for sure tomorrow morning ... any one heard of engine oil as a replacement for gearbox oil?? long term effects ? I haven't got any paperwork from them but I might ask them for something on paper about this... :shock:
snakesoup

Postby AnOldFart on Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:48 pm

Ask 'em if their next trick will be to add an "eye of newt and an ear of bat and a pinch of Fairy dust".... ;) :D :lol:
WTF ever happened to that -old school idea- of just -"fixing"- the problem instead, of trying 'desperately' to just mask the bluddy "symptoms".... :?:
Perhaps you should suggest that they would next like to try the old Russian LADA "cure" for 'their' shitty 5th gears, of adding a goodly sized dose of "copper based anti-sieze-goop" into the box, as well.... :?: :?: :?:
Quote: "Only two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I really am not certain about the Universe !" - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
AnOldFart
Platinum Subscriber

Postby snakesoup on Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:57 pm

fully synthetic oil maybe?
snakesoup

Postby Cowboy Dave on Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:24 pm

Yeah maybe. But the sooner they pull it out and replace the shit syncros the sooner your box will be back to how it should be. :roll:
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby snakesoup on Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:40 pm

mmmmm turning into a bit of a debacle..
snakesoup

Postby Cowboy Dave on Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:05 am

They're probably working their way down some sort of checklist. Once they've tried the various 'solutions' in the correct order and none of them work they'll pull it out and fix it.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

PreviousNext

Return to Warranty/Recalls