AIr Flow Sensor Connector

What were your warranty claims and recall information

AIr Flow Sensor Connector

Postby tridog on Mon May 26, 2014 7:42 pm

Dealer is replacing/splicing in a new harness/connectors for the air flow sensor...is this the MAF???
They are doing this in an attempt to stop the vehicle blowing excessive smoke ...head office has instructed them to do this even though the service department reckons the injectors are flogged and wants to replace them, this needs to be checked first apparently.
Anyone else had this done???......I thought a good squirt of cleaner would have solved this.
tridog

Re: AIr Flow Sensor Connector

Postby salt36 on Mon May 26, 2014 8:08 pm

Yes it is the MAF.

How old is your Triton ?

If they want to replace the injectors, let them ! :D Unless you have to pay for them of course :? Injectors are expensive :shock:
salt36
Valued Contributor

Postby tridog on Mon May 26, 2014 8:42 pm

2010....yep injectors $863 each and covered by warranty (according to my service guys)......but got to jump through the Mitsu hoops first ;)
tridog

Postby Tony on Tue May 27, 2014 1:23 am

If the dealer has told head office (Or the engineers) that the problem is intermittent, they will likely look at looms and sensors etc first before replacing major consumables such as injectors.
Tony
Platinum Subscriber

Postby tridog on Tue May 27, 2014 3:47 pm

...as long as the problem is solved and doesnt cost me I will be happy
tridog

Postby tridog on Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:53 pm

well got me ute back this arvo..still blowin a bit of weed when cold but seems to be fine when warm, bit early to tell for sure plus it was dark when I picked her up so I will repost after a good run
tridog

Postby mattz on Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:22 am

Sometimes it's easier to see the smoke when it's dark. :? It the headlights of the car following. But beware.......it actually looks worse than it really is.

Hopefully it's fixed anyway.
THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAN AND A BOY IS
THE PRICE OF HIS TOYS
mattz

Postby tridog on Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:39 pm

well it seems to have worked no more smoke when shes warmed up but still a fair bit when cold. Fited ET mod into the harness today since the dealers have already spliced into the old loom, noticed the difference immediately...power delivery is smoother and diesel rattle is quieter.
tridog

Postby tridog on Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:48 am

righto!!...noticed the fuel guage is going down a lot slower so I thought i would give her a top up to see if economy was improving (she was getting 12.5 to 14 l per hundred kms)
I travelled 347km and topped her up with 27.67l , after numerous clicks of the bowser till i could see the juice in the pipe .
This gentlemen works out to be 12.54litres per kilometre or 7.97l per hundred kms .....I do not friggin beleive this I am wrapped!!! :lol: and this is a GLX auto full metal bar work, winch ,4 racks canopy and 255 BFs
will run a full tank and see how she fairs(125litres) and get a more rounded figure, I would attribiute the vast improvement soley to the ET mod, not the MAF sensor connectors as I have filled a tank since then and it was 14l per hunge + :cry:
tridog

Return to Warranty/Recalls