Replacement of Drivers Front Seat

What were your warranty claims and recall information

Replacement of Drivers Front Seat

Postby boj01 on Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:18 pm

Just clocked over 13000km and my 2014 GLXR went in for it's 12 month 15000km service today. I made them aware the driver's seat seemed to have some movement in it, i.e when cornering you can feel it move slightly to the left or right and hear it hit metal on metal. This has been happening since it was few months old. Not noticeable when my wife drives it but is with my 100kg frame behind the wheel.

I thought it would have been a loose mount on the seat base to rails but they said they have ordered a new seat and it will be 4 weeks ex-Japan. The counter staff couldn't say what the exact issue was.
boj01

Re: Replacement of Drivers Front Seat

Postby Michalskitriton on Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:33 pm

I have the same thing and getting worse. I have asked the people at Knox Mitubishi about this twice and their standard response is "its normal, and within tolerance". Serious bunch of idiots there at Knox Mitsubish.
Michalskitriton

Postby scohill on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:01 pm

Hmmmm same for me. Feels like a loose bolt or similar. Especially when going around corners. Like you Boj01, i'm 100kgs+. I'll let the stealer look at it when next in for warranty. Mine been there since close to new as well. Will be following this closely for outcome!!
scohill

Postby AnOldFart on Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:27 pm

Michalskitriton wrote:I have the same thing and getting worse. I have asked the people at Knox Mitubishi about this twice and their standard response is "its normal, and within tolerance". Serious bunch of idiots there at Knox Mitsubish.

They, are obviously working under the impression that -you- are the 'idiot' and can simply be fobbed-off with that 'standard' how to deal with whinging customers response .... ;) Perhaps it's now 'time' that you, called their 'bluff' and -demanded- that they show you the 'official' Mitsui factory documentation, that specifies just -what- the 'official' -tolerance- limits -are- for sideways 'play' in the driver's seat .... :!:
If they can't, or won't, do that, then I'd immediately sit down and -write- an official letter of complaint to MMAL about your seat problem, being sure to make clear mention of your own concerns about it's 'safety' implications, and the possible 'financial' implications for MMAL should your 'faulty' driver's seat be found to be the cause of -any- 'future' injury to yourself, or -anyone- else.
I would also be sure to mention to them, your displeasure with the 'apparent' complete lack of interest being shown in addressing your 'seat' concerns by the local 'Stealer'. I'd also then send a C.C. of the exact same letter, to the Stealer principal as well.
Once you've officially 'documented' this issue, it cannot then simply be ignored, or refuted, by -any- party involved and hence, they might then stop simply taking -you- for an 'idiot' and actually start paying some 'serious' attention to your complaints... ;)
Quote: "Only two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I really am not certain about the Universe !" - Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
AnOldFart
Platinum Subscriber

Postby Duck on Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:53 pm

I would ask to speak to the manager & show them your concerns ! You catch more flies with honey so be gentle untill it's time to not be.
Life is what happens while you are busy making plans........
Duck

Postby Cowboy Dave on Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:16 pm

Duck wrote:I would ask to speak to the manager & show them your concerns ! You catch more flies with honey so be gentle untill it's time to not be.

Good advice that.
The Hitchhiker's guide to the the Triton universe and NTN.

A how to on finding your own way - search me.

The two threads I wish people would use more: thing 1 and thing 2.
Cowboy Dave

Postby kitemanwest aussie on Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:27 pm

And perhaps don't call them 'stealers' in your letter.
Might be taken to show a serious lack of respect or to demonstrate you're a bit of a tool.
kitemanwest aussie

Postby kxboss on Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:45 pm

My two door had the drivers seat fixed this morning, but is still not perfect my dual cab is the same
kxboss

Postby har05l on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:40 pm

Had mine replaced a few years ago without any problems from my dealer lol haha
[censored]
har05l
Platinum Subscriber

Return to Warranty/Recalls